Lureing At Miasma

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Lureing At Miasma

Post by Calvin »

LEAD wrote:I wasnt afk..i was in the grassy area where miasma spawns... and "Missed Again [Fail]" lured Rend from where Rend spawns,over to the grassy area where miasma spawns and then left the area all together... (discuss that)
LEAD wrote:then left the area all together
so just fix it?
The Silvertiger wrote: The inability to continue farming in peace.
is that like, a human right then?

i dont get it, i'd be happy for the fun of mixing the gameplay up.

if they keep doing it, even when they know you're there, that's a different story.
but if they have done it once, and you've come back to your script with you dead... well.... tough shit.
that's the risk of leaving your character afk in a danger zone :/
the rule is so people dont lure onto afk people, but you cant be there fighting things if you're afk.
so basically if you are fighting things then i really dont see any problems with luring. yeah it's a dick move, but as long as you can respond to it, it shouldn't be illegal, and if you cant respond to it, then you shouldn't be in combat.

it's probably only illegal to stop vigilantism cos the staff figure it's more effective to catch them in the act and jail them on like a three strikes thing
Last edited by Calvin on November 14th, 2017, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol...
he's still casting all the spells and stuff ^^

+

to be fair he just came back on

what if i lure him halfway, then block him out of the grassy area with boxes :P
is that illegal?

surely you cant just leave a character like this and it be illegal to fuck with him lmao
Arden likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote: the rule is so people dont lure onto afk people
No, it's not. That was the intent for the murder count rule, but the griefing rule is whether attended or not.

Generally speaking, I believe they have to see it once with a report or twice without a report. In which case they have lured multiple times. It may have been an accident the first time. That may all change though if you're a known lurer, but it seems that rule is enforced less than the attended rule. That, therefore, allows known vigilantes to roam sosaria without proper justice for their crimes even if they are for the greater good.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well to be fair, the guy came on and moved the boxes, and has stayed on cos he moved some bagballs i put down after.

he probably saw this post, but if he checked the client within the 15 mins of me doing it, then he is hardcoring the game... scripting at the same time, afk for short periods.. i dunno, i cant be too mad as long as he's not goin afk for solid days and stuff..

if he can check the game within 15 mins, then he's just playing hardcore

he's probably semi-playing, which is why he cant fix a lured spawn, but he can walk into position, move a box, etc.
that's how i fill bods.

if anyone cares for opinion, i would say it's fine as long as he's not in combat on another account as well

edit: lets face it we are all just jelly at how much gold he's making, but if he's on like 12 hours a day, he kinda should be.
Last edited by Calvin on November 14th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so i think this whole crazy economy inflation over the last 6 months has been because people realized they can script miasma for gold. it spawns too fast and dies too fast for that much gold.

sampire is too easy of a class to automate, giving people steam on top was kinda a pandoras box
Les Stroud and Frasier like this.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Happens all the time, you need an audible reptalon alarm so you can netflix in peace.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Yea 15 minutes without a response isn't ok. They are very generous in their 2 to 5 minute checks. 30 seconds is really enough to tell if someone is attended or not, especially with the screen explosions they use... Getting up to use the bathroom is unattended. It really is too much for people to move their character out of combat/stop a macro and resume it upon return???
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

LMFAO great pics!!!

too bad Staff/GMs dont handle the situation.

Ima axe 125 candlerabs on to him next time
Calvin and Bama like this.