Is afk farming legal or what?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Hugsforpeace

Re: Is afk farming legal or what?

Post by Hugsforpeace »

Vitek- wrote:When I played here 9 years ago, the only way I was able to play was because I helped gank someone who forgot to insure their suit, and I got an orny/RBC/Kasa to PvP in. I tried doing BODs but a GM took everything I worked towards because my filler script was going while I was taking a shit. That's when I quit. I had no real method of getting established without getting fucked with.
Maybe next time you will hit pause next time you have to make #2.
Hugsforpeace, The Skunt, Doom Boss, WhoreForHire

I'm a creepy weeaboo
ortiz and Chad Reed like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The main issue with our economy is excess gold. It drives prices up. So when a new player starts they are unable to get a decent suit in a decent amount of time because they have to farm millions of gold. Yes, cheap hrsks help with this issue.

The heart wood scripting is one of the most broken things in the game. In itself it doesn't hurt the economy, but combined with the inflation it's a pretty nasty combo. There have been several attempts fix this issue, but the only fix to unattended gold and hw farming would be a uos ban followed by enforcement the third party program rules.

I think it's safe to say that the solution is not one that the staff members are willing to do. Be glad I wasn't in eos' place. My regime would be similar to the previous without the corruption. Good day...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Hugsforpeace

Post by Hugsforpeace »

The Silvertiger wrote:The main issue with our economy is excess gold. It drives prices up. So when a new player starts they are unable to get a decent suit in a decent amount of time because they have to farm millions of gold. Yes, cheap hrsks help with this issue.

The heart wood scripting is one of the most broken things in the game. In itself it doesn't hurt the economy, but combined with the inflation it's a pretty nasty combo. There have been several attempts fix this issue, but the only fix to unattended gold and hw farming would be a uos ban followed by enforcement the third party program rules.

I think it's safe to say that the solution is not one that the staff members are willing to do. Be glad I wasn't in eos' place. My regime would be similar to the previous without the corruption. Good day...
The thing I like about heartwood is anyone can do it at any point. To get a character to gm fletch, tink, and carp costs like 500k total. Kill Earth eles for a few hours.

Then, you run the HW for a couple weeks, bank 50mil and start buying your scrolls and pieces of your suit. I run mine while at work on a seperate laptop so I can keep an eye on it and it has allowed me to finally get some characters done recently.

The gold inflation though is what allows new players to see their kits and get their ball rolling on the server. That's just how I see it though, gives me time to actually play the game when I'm home and have some free time instead of farming the same shit for hours to build a base income.

I'm a creepy weeaboo
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Hugsforpeace wrote:The thing I like about heartwood is anyone can do it at any point. To get a character to gm fletch, tink, and carp costs like 500k total. Kill Earth eles for a few hours
What's wrong with you Fam?
500k?
Kill earth elementals?

You GM carpentry and fletching while you GM lumberjacking
You GM tinkering while you GM mining

You creepy weeaboo!!!!!!
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Hugsforpeace

Post by Hugsforpeace »

Bama wrote:
Hugsforpeace wrote:The thing I like about heartwood is anyone can do it at any point. To get a character to gm fletch, tink, and carp costs like 500k total. Kill Earth eles for a few hours
What's wrong with you Fam?
500k?
Kill earth elementals?

You GM carpentry and fletching while you GM lumberjacking
You GM tinkering while you GM mining

You creepy weeaboo!!!!!!
:D I need to get my damn priorities in order.

I'm a creepy weeaboo
Amish Hammer and Bama like this.
EV

Post by EV »

^^
Attachments
amitheonlyone.jpg
amitheonlyone.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit. ~ unknown.

Discord: EV#6151
Amish Hammer likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

48683926.jpg
48683926.jpg (58.74 KiB) Viewed 5096 times
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Chad Reed, EV and Bama like this.
mohamed alzari

Post by mohamed alzari »

i have a dude, afk gatering resoursces is ilegal , but i did want make a heartwod quest and is imposibol not afk gatering, because in 6 hours only make a 6 quest(letal darsTS), maybe for gatering a heartwood runic need 4 or 5 days.
DEV7412

Post by DEV7412 »

Bama wrote:
DEV7412 wrote:I'm a returning player too or at least that was my intention until I saw every single person is AFK farming. Not a surprise economy is totally fucked up.
The only thing could save demise is a reset.
So how often should they "reset" Demise?
Every week?
Every month?
Every time Demise has a returning player?
How fair would a "reset" be to the players that have put in the time playing on Demise (AFK or not AFK)?
I don't know what is fair and what is not, the only thing I know is a based item MMO like this one turns kinda pointless with this kind of economy.
ahkt87 likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

problem IS NOT in gold farm
problem of UO ecomomy is - gold is accumulated and not going out by vendors etc.
in all MMO world there is only one game which have done it right way - LineAge2
where you have to spend a lot of money on vendors for resourses so in doesnt matter how much gold is farmin with bots
instead in UO - ALL gold is farmed - used only for Player VS Player trades = so we see such inflation
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Frasier likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

DEV7412 wrote:
I don't know what is fair and what is not, the only thing I know is a based item MMO like this one turns kinda pointless with this kind of economy.
You don't know what is fair or what isn't fair but you figure that the solution is a "reset"

This game is a time sink and has always been about putting in time
So you either don't have the time or don't want to put in the time
Either way a "reset" will not save you any time

We all start out with the same amount of gold..........

.............So you run and you run
to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
DEV7412

Post by DEV7412 »

Bama wrote:
DEV7412 wrote:
You don't know what is fair or what isn't fair but you figure that the solution is a "reset"

Sorry if I don't answer anymore, it is just you have a very bad attitude.
Also, try to be less obvious when posting with multiple accounts.
Last edited by DEV7412 on March 10th, 2017, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

DEV7412 wrote:
Bama wrote:
DEV7412 wrote:

Sorry if I don't answer anymore, it is just you have a very bad attitude.
If you don't have the time to put into this game to get the items you need to play this item based game, resetting the server isn't going to help you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz and Hugsforpeace like this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

all times there where invalid noobs who could not play without reset because "old players/bots/inflations"
handless brainless invalids!
i started on Demise 3.5 month ago and i have ALL stuff you could get on ML/SE shard (exept trinket- i dont need it)
DEV7412- another invalid Opywang who cant do anything at all
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Oh well, K's "love letter"... down into trash