Question on rules

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Duque

Re: Question on rules

Post by Duque »

zulu2401 wrote:
Duque wrote:In my opinion, it is important to regulate to avoid abuses....but if you try to exterminate akf farmers....demise will lose players.
Afk bro. AFK. Wtf is akf? Also Afk farming is illegal according to demise code of justice. Jail-able offense and ban-able for repeat offenders.
Uo is a really old game and in general the ages of uo player are old too (no fresh people starting to play), and in general the global number of player is decreasing. The mayor part of the actual uo players have work and family......and some difficult to dedicate time to the game.....start in a server and get items to play pvm or pvp takes a lot of time....and afk farmers help to start and play.

Akf farmers are people that not are playing in this moment, but they will in another moment.....a complete extermination of akf farmers in my opinion will traduce that players try to find another server where could find more favorable conditions....

but you know is only my opinion....and the opinions are like ass, everyone have one :roll:
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
Gargl Kark likes this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Ok dookie
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I vote to allow people to be dicks to each others.

Allow pet releasing everywhere.

Allow monster luring everywhere.

Allow blocking of path with boxes and what not to screw people scripting.

Then let's grab popcorn and read the forums, should be fun! ;)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Made In Quebec wrote:I vote to allow people to be dicks to each others.

Reported for awesome post...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

I think path blocking should be fine as long as there's still alternative paths to be taken.

I mean, so nobody boat blocks certain champ spawns in lost lands.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Siemo wrote:

I think path blocking should be fine as long as there's still alternative paths to be taken.

I mean, so nobody boat blocks certain champ spawns in lost lands.
Yea I should have been more specefic.

I did mean, to allow to drop movement impairing objects anywhere, as long as there is a passage possible for each and everyone to make it to another destination.

I wouldn't want to render an area unreachable, just that maybe a straight line won't work ;)
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

This thread did raise a very valid point: Why is autoloot still forbidden in Trammel and disabled altogether from UOS?

There's instanced loot. AFK farmers will just use EUO instead. It's a waste of precious time to test non-afkers who are, by chance, using EUO to loot stuff when there's... instanced loot!

Just block UOS autoloot in felucca and be done with it so players who actually play the game can enjoy it more and compete with the bots.
Lucifall
Frasier and april0395 like this.
madwhite

Post by madwhite »

Duque wrote:
zulu2401 wrote:
Duque wrote:In my opinion, it is important to regulate to avoid abuses....but if you try to exterminate akf farmers....demise will lose players.
Afk bro. AFK. Wtf is akf? Also Afk farming is illegal according to demise code of justice. Jail-able offense and ban-able for repeat offenders.
Uo is a really old game and in general the ages of uo player are old too (no fresh people starting to play), and in general the global number of player is decreasing. The mayor part of the actual uo players have work and family......and some difficult to dedicate time to the game.....start in a server and get items to play pvm or pvp takes a lot of time....and afk farmers help to start and play.

Akf farmers are people that not are playing in this moment, but they will in another moment.....a complete extermination of akf farmers in my opinion will traduce that players try to find another server where could find more favorable conditions....

but you know is only my opinion....and the opinions are like ass, everyone have one :roll:

I remember when AFK meant any response time longer than immediately.
Last edited by madwhite on June 6th, 2017, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger

Actually, there's an autoloot available with steam even with the main looter disabled... I'm guessing that quebec's idea is maybe placing objects on the ground somewhere in heartwood?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

I do not mind the afk farming honestly, in general, in uo.

Just be straightforward about it.

One point is scripting. Another one afk farming. Truth is, the mayority of the server afk farms and in the rules it says that it is illegal. It is misleading for new people. There are people, old people, trying demise for the first time ever (like me) or whatever, ocasionally.

I think afk farming should be somewhat discouraged though.

That no release killing rule, it's clearly made for AFKs. Even though that day I released some cus to unprepared people, the ones that were not AFK did not actually die. They were attending, they just had to run a bit. The cu is a snail compared to a non mounted player. And all of them were mounted. So, let us release kill.

Another thing is gold. Gold spawn should be less in trammy, more in fel. Also resource gathering: UO is already like this, but make it actually punishable. If you decide to afk farm in tram and fill your lumber runebook with just trammel spots, make it so it's 10 times less rewarding than doing so in fel. So that there's risk in something so rewarding.

I understand there's people that doesn't have the time, that's why the ideal solition, IMO, would not be to actually enforce the ridiculous rule, but just allow afk farming in the rules, and regulate it so it doesn't keep being so bothersome for the economy. High risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward. It's not that hard.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Siemo wrote:
That no release killing rule, it's clearly made for AFKs. Even though that day I released some cus to unprepared people, the ones that were not AFK did not actually die. They were attending, they just had to run a bit. The cu is a snail compared to a non mounted player. And all of them were mounted. So, let us release kill.
The only time a wild cu attacked me was when I went to tame one
You must show me how to get them to attack players when they are wild. I could have a lot of fun. I think you mean rus

You never release pets on player because pets always go wild after disobeying enough commands anyway

" I'm sorry my taming skill is low and I don't have any food"

And don't forget to say to the GM that you are new to taming and you were not aware that you could retame a pet you previously tamed on the first attempt
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

Bama wrote:You never release pets on player because pets always go wild after disobeying enough commands anyway

" I'm sorry my taming skill is low and I don't have any food"

And don't forget to say to the GM that you are new to taming and you were not aware that you could retame a pet you previously tamed on the first attempt
Hahaha
Bama wrote:The only time a wild cu attacked me was when I went to tame one
You must show me how to get them to attack players when they are wild. I could have a lot of fun. I think you mean rus
They kill wisps and fun all day. They must have terrible karma. So terrible that even cus attack them. Or maybe their afk macro did.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Siemo wrote:Or maybe their afk macro did.
This seems like a plausible cause
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Discord: Amish#1299
The Silvertiger

Siemo wrote:That no release killing rule, it's clearly made for AFKs. Even though that day I released some cus to unprepared people, the ones that were not AFK did not actually die. They were attending, they just had to run a bit. The cu is a snail compared to a non mounted player. And all of them were mounted. So, let us release kill.
It was made for afk gaters... There used to be a gating area in Luna before we had the vendor mall... There were many times where animals were released or went wild and.... destroyed everyone! It could also be annoying in the main part of Luna... sometimes people die before the guards are called. ;) SO this is why the rule was created and the counts and all that jazz...

Could you imagine being in twisted weald fighting the spiders and someone releases their reptalon or hiryu? Or what if someone released 10 hiryu's at miasma... sounds like fun, huh? Greater Dragons have been known to eat people for killing wisps. ;) There are countless situations where a pet released on an attended player would be annoying and even mortal... Trying to solo bedlam? Lemme add an extra mob to the mix for you... Got a paragon succubus sucking the life out of you? Lemme add this reptalon to parablow you so you can't runaway... Got an ethereal warrior eating you for breakfast? I have a cu that's hungry too...

Ok, really long paragraph number five hundred and twenty two finished... While I'd like to release on rulebreakers, I must stand up for the innocent as well...
Selling List & Vendor

Chacal and Gargl Kark like this.