New to the shard :) hi. I have a few questions.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Sweet Cargo Van

New to the shard :) hi. I have a few questions.

Post by Sweet Cargo Van »

Does training magery with a poison weapon work? Also does scribe give a spell damage bonus? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out :)
Chacal

Re: New to the shard :) hi. I have a few questions.

Post by Chacal »

Why would want to train magery that way?

UO GUIDE:
GM Scribe gains a +10% Spell Damage Increase to any Magery spells cast and an additional 5% bonus to Casting Focus which can exceed the item cap.

Caster's inscription skill also affects following spells:

Protection: Allows you to cast spells without being interrupted.
Lowers physical resistance 15% - (Inscription/20). At GM inscription, Physical lowers 10%.
Lowers resist magic skill 35% - (Inscription/20). At GM Inscription, Resist lowers 30%
Increases spell casting delay. ( Inscription has no effect here )
Reactive Armor: Increases Physical Resistance ( +15% + Inscription/20 ) , decreases elemental resistances (-5% each).
With 0 Inscription (+15 , -5 , -5 , -5 ,-5)
At GM Inscription (+20 , -5 ,-5 , -5 , -5)
Magic Reflection: Decreases Physical Resistance ( -20% + Inscription/20 ), increases elemental resistances ( +10% each).
With 0 Inscription (-20 , +10 , +10 , +10 , +10 and -5 max physical resist)
At GM Inscription (-15 , +10 , +10 , +10 , +10 and -5 max physical resist)
It should be noted that the Jack of All Trades for humans works as if they had 20 Inscription skill points.
Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher
Sweet Cargo Van

You used to be able to just hit a tinker made golem with a poison weapon.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

I don't follow what you want with that, don't understand why poisoning something is needed to up your magery, but well, I'm pretty much a noob, so maybe isn't that strange if I don't understand what you're talking about. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

By the way, welcome to demise! :)
Chacal #5588
Sweet Cargo Van

You don't need poisoning you need 100% poison damage weapon that's also mage penalty and Thanks :) sorry if I'm being a bit vague I just assumed most people knew what I meant lol

Also can anyone tell me if it's hard to get a LRC suit to work with on here?
Last edited by Sweet Cargo Van on June 7th, 2017, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

Oh, understood. I just never knew that, haha.
I'm pretty much a noob
But if you need penalty to train your magery faster I have a couple of sc -magery weapons to give you. Seems much easier then what you're trying to do. I can help you with lrc gear too.
Chacal #5588
Sweet Cargo Van

I'm patching right now I was previously on a UOR server so I had to update, but I'd love some help with LRC and a weapon for training, I have a brand new character.

It was actually really easy, you used to be able to just hit the golem gain magery and it wouldn't take any damage or hit you back if you prepped it properly.
Siemo

Post by Siemo »

I guess he means by using a mage weapon the hit calculation will be done using magery, thus making it a manaless way to train it to 100 like it was a combat skill, similar to the fukiya method to train ninja.

The 100% poison part must be because that way it does no damage to golems, so it doesn't die ever.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The golem thing doesn't work here it will take damage
Bitch to Eos about
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Sweet Cargo Van wrote:I'm patching right now I was previously on a UOR server so I had to update, but I'd love some help with LRC and a weapon for training, I have a brand new character.

It was actually really easy, you used to be able to just hit the golem gain magery and it wouldn't take any damage or hit you back if you prepped it properly.
PM me, I provide new players with a house of their own, and a start up package that will include an LRC suit that you can work with to train.

I don't mind throwing in a weapon or two that you can train with also, I probably have something laying around that will work.
Souced

Post by Souced »

you used to be able to work any weapon skill or if it a -mage weapon for mage skill just by hitting a golem with the 100% poison weapon to gain weapon skill or magery skill same as you train a weapon skill now on a alt toons or guildies cu
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

On the off chance you havent received assistance yet, PM me
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Hey mate, send me a pm if you are interested in joining a guild, D*A would love to have you and we will definitely suit you and answer any questions you may have :)
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Alvin likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Bama wrote:Bitch to Eos about
*Flashbacks of Opywang posts intensify*

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1