pricing on this shard

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Axle

pricing on this shard

Post by Axle »

What's with the price of items on this shard? Why is everything so overpriced? There is a pretty good population of very rich people on this shard that pretty much have everything they need. It seems like this should make items cheaper, not more expensive. All this accomplishes is making it hard for new players to get started. Does the resident population not want new players on shard? Seems like just keeping the status quo would make it boring in the long run. I'm not complaining so much as curious.
Amish Hammer likes this.
Maloskies

Re: pricing on this shard

Post by Maloskies »

Having the really rich people actually does the opposite of making prices cheaper. People want to get the most they can out of something, and rich people will pay more obviously, which makes the items more expensive.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Axle and Tempest like this.
Indika

Post by Indika »

Yep. Supply and Demand. People have farmed a lot of gold with BODs and Quests and resource gathering. They are able to literally pay more because they have more gold to spend and are more inclined to pay more. Welcome to Demise, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you on your journey :)
Axle and Tempest like this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Demise is a place full of bigots, theives, greedy bastards, and narcissist, which all play a role in the economy here.

There are people who clearly have more that they can ever use, but STILL hoard the items for themselves..

Anyway, there's still a few of us old-timers who still have a heart and is willing to help you new fellers out. Pm me and I'll make sure you have a fair start here.

Welcome to Demise, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
MaliceMajere

Post by MaliceMajere »

Its gotten worse on the past few months. There has always been rich players on this servers the 6+ years I've been here but people trying to get 20M+ for mediocre 4--5 mod armor pieces and people trying to get 50kk for good ( not excellent ) jewelry is ridiculous.
It only takes one idiot to get lucky and sell something crappy for WAY more then it worth to spawn 20 other idiots trying to do the same thing.
We need a new money sink like they did 4 years ago with darkside pigments....then again people will just try and sell the charges for 100M+
Malice Majere | Raziel Majere | Sturm Majere | Leshrach Majere | Raistlin Majere | Theros Ironfield
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

MaliceMajere wrote:We need a new money sink like they did 4 years ago with darkside pigments....then again people will just try and sell the charges for 100M+
they actually did one in 2015 and it got rid of many millions
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Solid 4/5 mod items shouldnt be cheap. They can often complete suits. Everything doesnt need to be accessible to everyone. New players need something to look forward to reaching. This is still an mmo. There still needs to be a level a dedication if you want to achieve top tier. 20 years old or not, we are all still here.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Tanya and april0395 like this.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Im poor as shit by the way.. I dont have an agenda :D
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Lead44 and april0395 like this.
MaliceMajere

Post by MaliceMajere »

Solid 5 mod piece that complete suits should indeed be 20+ M , I'm talking about mediocre crap I see every day that I usually sell on my vendors for for under 1M.
Malice Majere | Raziel Majere | Sturm Majere | Leshrach Majere | Raistlin Majere | Theros Ironfield
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

... 20M+...

if someone use 100+ barbed runic and get just one piece,

dont sure, if can buy piece what i wanna only for 20kk so players dont will use 100+ brsk for it
MB

Post by MB »

From my experience a great 5 mod piece comes up once per ~100 BRSKs.
hakja, Tanya and ortiz like this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Welp I just bought 2 - 5mod pieces off Chad's vendor that FINALLY fixed my suit.

I got both pieces for 6kk each.

If everyone would be like Chad and sell things for a good price, this game would be much more enjoyable.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
MaliceMajere

Post by MaliceMajere »

Its not other players fault that it takes you 100 brsk to get a piece to finish up your suit. That's your own endeavor. I don't buy BRSKs to profit. That's just my opinion. Then again im not talking about great 5 mod pieces. Im talking about mediocre 4-5 mod pieces people want Orni prices for. At the end of the day its a game and it's all fun either way , your only investment is time.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Tempest wrote:Welp I just bought 2 - 5mod pieces off Chad's vendor that FINALLY fixed my suit.
I got both pieces for 6kk each.
Can you show them?
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Tempest likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

MaliceMajere wrote: but people trying to get 20M+ for mediocre 4--5 mod armor pieces and people trying to get 50kk for good ( not excellent ) jewelry is ridiculous.
Can you show some examples?
It is also not clear, what you mean by a "mediocre 4--5 mod armor piece".
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131