Updates

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
LEAD

Updates

Post by LEAD »

I think its pretty funny that GMs will make an update about house placement but wont do a anything about afk farming.wether its gold farming or bods.. the collection of gold afk is KILLING this server and jacking prices up because the gold value is drasticly dropping..this is jus my 2 cents..prolly gonna make some people realy butthurt but oh well
Amish Hammer, Ajani and Tanya like this.
Legacy

Re: Updates

Post by Legacy »

Add anti-macro scripts, please?
Lucifall
bjeb2478

Post by bjeb2478 »

aint this pretty much what i was saying in my post? :P
The Silvertiger wrote:Monk's a scammer!? No way!
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Anyone can send a macro afk farm, please?
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

It is too late, you won't be able to recover the economy of this server.
It must be wiped out.

Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Staff are just being lazy IMO. If they were really concerned, they'd do something about it, plain and simple. There's a whole-margin of ways to prevent AFK farmers and I haven't seen a solid crackdown in quite a bit of time.

From what I have already noticed, players are getting sick and tired of seeing these AFK farmers sitting in spots completely un-attended for hours on end and they are stepping up and taking matters into their own hands, and personally I commend them for that. In result, staff are looking into the logs and jailing those people for luring mobs/releasing tameables.

In conclusion, if staff has the time to look into the logs and punish a player for breaking a rule, they should also have the time to do a server-wide scan/check to see if people are AFK or actually playing the game. If you want results, staff needs to thank the players who are stepping up and stop punishing them for doing something right, Do checks/scans daily or every other day.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
LEAD likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

AR9221 wrote:It is too late, you won't be able to recover the economy of this server.
It must be wiped out.

Reported for truth.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I say legalize vigilante aggression/actions from the players base against AFK'ers.

Problem will solve itself!

You just have to change the words "Not allowed" to "Encouraged" in the rules, easy enough!
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

We check for unattended gatherers daily, resulting in jail time and lengthy bans for anyone not attending their resource gathering macros. Just because you see someone running a macro, doesn't mean they're AFK!

We choose to combat the problem this way because automated anti-macro measures are easily fooled and they'd give us a false sense of security. Any type of "captcha" or automated user verification may very well be automated too. It wouldn't do much good unless we change the method of verification drastically every week or so, at which point we might as well check people the old fashioned way.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
The Silvertiger

I appreciate your response. I'm pretty sure this guy was afk: https://youtu.be/F535clvDyLM

He's not always afk... I've even paged on him before when the monster was dragged away like that, but 3 hours later when Larson showed up he was attended again(yes, I understand you guys have lives...). :(
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

Eos wrote:quotation for attention to post aboveth
Selling List & Vendor

d9d9rr

Post by d9d9rr »

The Silvertiger wrote:I appreciate your response. I'm pretty sure this guy was afk: https://youtu.be/F535clvDyLM
That guy have been afk farming that spot for months.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Eos wrote:We check for unattended gatherers daily, resulting in jail time and lengthy bans for anyone not attending their resource gathering macros. Just because you see someone running a macro, doesn't mean they're AFK!

We choose to combat the problem this way because automated anti-macro measures are easily fooled and they'd give us a false sense of security. Any type of "captcha" or automated user verification may very well be automated too. It wouldn't do much good unless we change the method of verification drastically every week or so, at which point we might as well check people the old fashioned way.
Honestly, if the inflation problem right now wasn't so bad, I don't think it would be necessary but at this point maybe both solutions should be done..
Lucifall