CUB event ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
cocosas

CUB event ?

Post by cocosas »

when ?????

how more we will waiting 15-20sec saves ??
:coffee:
Arden likes this.
Skrillex

Re: CUB event ?

Post by Skrillex »

i dont expect about cub will be soon, so.. keep waiting mate
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

make world save 1 time per 6 hours, we don't need so many word saves!
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

1 save per 6 hours = 3 days saving, lol.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

My suggestion is a cub without runics and trash crafts. Stock of trash cause lag, the cub can't incite this way.
Accept arties, rares and resources.

All armors/weapon destroyed, stop accumulation.
Extra point for arties and rares, low point for resources.

Everyone have houses with stack of stack of trash. I believe this is a good solution.
LEAD and Bug like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lets face facts, no-one cares about the world save, we just want cub to make loads of money, and if you make an item not worth anything, they will just horde something else.

at least people get some money back from their runic burns this way. im guessing you dont craft stuff, and you dont know what proportion of runic crafts are useless. it would be completely not worth doing. would kill the runic market... maybe it would work, make everything a lot cheaper, or something... i suppose no-one would bother to farm bods is all, if they didn't sell for much cos it's 99% chance you get nothing.

maybe that'd put the price up then? but then no-one wants to buy expensive crap and waste their gold, so there would be no buyers.. hard to say.

the economy may be inflated but it works, stuff balances out with CUB and darkside sales. as it is, anyone can farm bods, but most people dont bother cos it's boring work. boring work that pays a lot, which is how it should be.

you're basically suggesting everyone gets screwed over.. none of the trash gets deleted.. no-one gets any items.. server save stays the same..

what would be the point lol

you are assuming people would keep their houses empty if they weren't hoarding for CUB? nah, they'd just be full of other stuff, why not? it might be useful and you have the space. the only thing having runics worth handing in at CUB does, is encourages people to buy runic tools.

you might end up with a marginal increase in time before the server gets full of items, but it will still eventually get there either way; plus, buying those tools gives people a reason to play, a reason to farm bods, a reason to hunt items and make gold. honestly it would probably work, but it would take a lot of gameplay out of the world

plus since CUB is only like once every few years, it rewards long term players, nothing wrong with that. you dont seem to get that the objective is not to have fast world saves, it's to get people to play more, and keep playing long term.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Permanent cub: I give this a thumbs up. Add it.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
LEAD and medamaude like this.
EV

Post by EV »

DID SOMEONE SAY CUB???

I HEARD CUB WAS GOING ON NEXT WEEK!!
If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit. ~ unknown.

Discord: EV#6151
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

EV wrote:DID SOMEONE SAY CUB???

I HEARD CUB WAS GOING ON NEXT WEEK!!
Please remove your tin foil hat. It's been making you post weird things for awhile now.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
GamliBaykus

Post by GamliBaykus »

CUB should open and never close.
Kurupted

Post by Kurupted »

Our GMS (which don't get me wrong, dearly, help us consumers of the server)...took a rather firm stance against community activism for a speedily CUB event which inherently persuaded most of the community to concur. TUN DUn DUGhN!...While on the other end, the fresh player sights dialed in on self, of course gimme the items(HAHA)!!!!. Now be honest, I think this is how anyone anti cub actually feels about pro cub people whether they realize it or not. My opinions and data on the psychology and potentially-coincidental "metaphysics" as snazzy pants misguided idealist ill' call it- are another conversation, However, I conclude in a personally perpetual bliss, it comes from self if you wonder. with its bizarre relationship to big enterprises who have control vs the majority which don't, but it varies all through micro and macro levels undoubtedly, Lol(but enough with me lets analyse some real ideal you'll understand). If I didn't lose you than respect, if you dig it then cheers, to the feelers of enmity; i don't know and may care!

None the less, think with me, please! Most my ideals are shrugged off, especially with my past endeavors in study that even I admit was at times cold, and a misplay of the cards. I don't regret my experience, but I don't blame any for their animosity. THE POINT IS, I must use your already agreed upon ideas to work with you in terms of understanding, if I may be so blessed to do so. The fact is, everyone on the server including the GMS and full staff as they relate such certain events and dark side dyes as a means of gold sync. So it is admitted by any who would oppose the ideal of a cub ASAP that the server demise we all love and share together has an issue with inflation. Now lets look at the current market. May we agree or perhaps the community her after may discuss the price in items compared historical and recently and compare this to a healthy gold supply and exchange rate for a server of our size. Either way you concluded thus far, please, now consider what the system of cub is. It is the ultimate gold sync. Any time items are introduced in to the game that are desired such as dark side dyes we can see a deflation of gold and a healthier economy for all. With Quiver being 50kk and boots released last cub many years ago now at 15-20kk wouldn't this help the issue we all have already agreed on? not to mention reduced save times

There are many more issues with this. Some of witch my ideologies may easily find opposition and, idc honestly, but i would dig a quiver, hook us up Eos.
Last edited by Kurupted on September 15th, 2017, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Kurupted wrote:There are many more issues with this. Some of witch my ideologies may easily find opposition and, idc honestly, but i would dig a quiver, hook us up Eos.

this bit makes sense at least :P

cub does not take gold out of the game, it just re-distributes the gold a bit. there's nothing in cub that takes gold out of the game.

it's likely they would do cub before dark side sales. boots were always about that price.
Kurupted likes this.
Chacal

Post by Chacal »

I'll be honest:

people just want to trade trash for quivers, they don't care much for saves or they would not be stocking piles of runics at their homes;
the only way to stop inflation is cutting the evil by the root - which means unpopular measures: the end of uos.

end of polemic statement.
godspeed you all.
Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher
Amish Hammer likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

even if you stop uosteam people will still farm with easyuo. By the way there are scripts for heartwood in easyuo.

Inflation wont stop and people will still afk farm.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

If uo steam goes then so will easy uo.. Then pvp would take skill and be fun again!