Why no Virtue Artifacts?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Why no Virtue Artifacts?

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:
Bama wrote:
atomic chicken wrote:
Right, my question is more so how is this a reason why they haven't implemented it?
They tried at one time
They had them on the test center
Few people tested them
The few people that tested them found problems

Such as the armor set
Which was on the test center as being medable and also the self repair had a problem
So they just gave up? Lol
Adding new things when you have/had a few piles of things that were/are still broken made/makes for a lot of extra work
But I'm guessing that though you quoted me your question was directed at the people currently running this place
I'm also guessing you never really had the pleasure of interacting with Xavier
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: I'm also guessing you never really had the pleasure of interacting with Xavier

the X word should be a 1kk fine :lol:

the current staff are far better than the old staff for updates, as well as a lot of other stuff. just dont expect everything and accept they prioritize things.

if the items are worth having then they usually make them drop in events before they are put into the game, then the items get tested out before the drop code gets implemented
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: the current staff are far better than the old staff for updates,
You know the 3 names in red on this forum were all members of the "old" Staff
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: You know the 3 names in red on this forum were all members of the "old" Staff
alright, management then.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Bama wrote:
They tried at one time
They had them on the test center
Few people tested them
The few people that tested them found problems

Such as the armor set
Which was on the test center as being medable and also the self repair had a problem
So they just gave up? Lol
Adding new things when you have/had a few piles of things that were/are still broken made/makes for a lot of extra work
But I'm guessing that though you quoted me your question was directed at the people currently running this place
I'm also guessing you never really had the pleasure of interacting with Xavier
I used they as to mean the ones who attempted to add them and failed. I dont know who all was admin during what years so i felt "they" was the correct term to use.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vander Nars wrote: I used they as to mean the ones who attempted to add them and failed. I dont know who all was admin during what years so i felt "they" was the correct term to use.
Xav and Athena did hardly any updates at all, they just managed the community, and did it kinda like they were playing a god game with us as the minions.

it was really kinda messed up. then they started trying to manually change things in the game world, instead of changing the game rules and letting that pan out into the game world naturally. that made a lot of problems.

EoS replaced Xav, and now we get some updates, and a lot of custom content :)

i dont know the specifics of what happened with test center and stuff, but i know from scripting stuff myself that if things dont work the way you plan, it can often be a far bigger job than you thought it would be.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i suppose they have slowed down a bit in recent months, when they first took over there was a lot of updates, now we are getting new items added at events, but not a lot else..

you do have a point tbh.

but meh. they have added a lot and we are grateful for that.

peerless, ML artes, jewelry crafting, fletching runics, many many tweaks and fixes. spell weaving.. im sure there's a lot more.

they have overhauled the game to some extent, the problem is there's like another 20 overhauls to catch up with OSI. you want the next one i guess and that's understandable.

this is the problem with hard work, it often leads to more hard work lol
deathviper likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:i suppose they have slowed down a bit in recent months, when they first took over there was a lot of updates, now we are getting new items added at events, but not a lot else..

you do have a point tbh.

but meh. they have added a lot and we are grateful for that.

peerless, ML artes, jewelry crafting, fletching runics, many many tweaks and fixes. spell weaving.. im sure there's a lot more.

they have overhauled the game to some extent, the problem is there's like another 20 overhauls to catch up with OSI. you want the next one i guess and that's understandable.

this is the problem with hard work, it often leads to more hard work lol
My understanding was demise was stopping at ML era. I dont think they are trying to reach current osi status.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh, well that would explain it yeah lol