Halloween Town

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
desalonne

Re: Halloween Town

Post by desalonne »

ortiz wrote:
Calvin wrote:Fel only drops are great if you're in the monopolizing red guild. which a lot of people on this forum are

it's not really a pvp area because of the monopoly, they might as well just drop the items straight into your banks. that's basically what you want - to get rich for nothing. or just for being in the biggest red guild.

everyone wants to get rich for nothing...

to be fair i actually managed to get 2 pairs of earrings last year, so it's not impossible, but only because the 2 red guilds were busy fighting each other, and one of them let me side with them
Everyone has equal chance to get drops. If you dont pvp then you trade for the item you want. I dont pvm so if I want an orny I trade for it.. It works
This. Soooooooooooo much this. This is entirely how it is suppose to work. This is the balance that pvm players bring to pvpers and visa versa.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

desalonne wrote:
Bama wrote:UO Ren gave us Trammel and Felucca
My mistake you are correct. I confuse the osi era with the free server >.<
But you are right the time before Ren was a great time
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Loler

Post by Loler »

Maybe some of those old dogs (pvmers) should learn some new tricks and either join a pvp guild or stop complaining. As you said some things were meant to be obtained as a group and not as a solo player. Your main defense for champs spawns is they were meant to be done by a group, how is this not the same? Just like in WoW as time progresses and gear gets better and your level gets higher you can solo old content. You can usually go do a 25 man raid from the last expansion solo or 2 man where it would have taken you a full crew to complete and struggle threw and wipe for weeks-months trying to get it right.

If you choose not to venture into the PvP areas by either going solo or finding a group to play with then you should do like other people have to and buy it. I don't do idocs and hci/dci shields no longer drop so if I ever want one I have to buy it. I guess the gms could put some hci and dci shields in random peoples banks threw out the year to make this fair to me then I can randomly win the lottery one day and have a 15/15 sc-0 shield in my bank.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

desalonne wrote: This. Soooooooooooo much this. This is entirely how it is suppose to work. This is the balance that pvm players bring to pvpers and visa versa.
yeh i agree, this is what it evolved into, and it does work.

but power scrolls aren't trinket, earrings, robe, etc. the item ur talking about is a beast, and if you farm the spawn unopposed you'll get loads of them.

trinket wasn't in the pvp area last year anyway. it's just like, fairer to let everyone have the random drop chance basically.

it's christmas after all, it's not fkin... the Olympics
Vander Nars wrote:There needs to be a reason to get blues to turn off their afk sampire farming scripts and come to fel for a fun fight and that reason is H-town! We will see you there calvin :twisted:
i'll nip in for a bit no doubt. i'll be the one goin OooooooOoo ;)
i'll have to see if i can forge a lil alliance with someone when the time comes, it takes a while to kill me at least, so i can run around goin "nah mate, wait, just like, quit it lol" ;P

depends a if it's monopolized by Hz or there's 2 sides fighting over it tbh. think it was 2 years ago that i got earrings and last year i didn't get a look in.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Loler wrote:Maybe some of those old dogs (pvmers) should learn some new tricks and either join a pvp guild or stop complaining. As you said some things were meant to be obtained as a group and not as a solo player. Your main defense for champs spawns is they were meant to be done by a group, how is this not the same? Just like in WoW as time progresses and gear gets better and your level gets higher you can solo old content. You can usually go do a 25 man raid from the last expansion solo or 2 man where it would have taken you a full crew to complete and struggle threw and wipe for weeks-months trying to get it right.

If you choose not to venture into the PvP areas by either going solo or finding a group to play with then you should do like other people have to and buy it. I don't do idocs and hci/dci shields no longer drop so if I ever want one I have to buy it. I guess the gms could put some hci and dci shields in random peoples banks threw out the year to make this fair to me then I can randomly win the lottery one day and have a 15/15 sc-0 shield in my bank.
they should put stuff on the peerless boss so you need a group and to do the ghosts around the town more, stops the afk farming that

and the point i was making, is that UO is NOT WoW. UO is not a linear RPG where we run to the man with a ! above his head
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

I think there is not point to argument here, 75% of shard will join on hz and will get the special ítem, the rest have to kick asses to try to get any chance .
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh hang on it's halloween not christmas xD

sorry i'm a bit baked lol
you get the idea.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

right, uo has kinda 2 forms.

it is not a linear game, the risk/reward thing you are talking about, and the idea of progressing through to harder areas does not massively apply to the classic game. look at the dungeons like destard, or covetous, blood dungeon etc. people don't burn areas like a typical treadmill mmo, its still worth going back over the old areas and just killing things a lot faster.

that's what makes it a free roaming world, instead of a treadmill with endless expansions and just higher damage numbers, higher skill values, and higher monster hp.

the risk/reward payback; and value of being stronger, was not in better items, it was in more chances, more rolls at a good item. but you could pull a vanquishing wep off a lich.

that's the first form. the second form, is kind of the 'modern' uo, its a lot more managed and modular. an extreme example of this is set dungeons with soulbound drops in world of warcraft.
see it's a lot easier to add new things and keep it balanced when they do it like that...

urgh it's complicated, but basically it's a question of mechanics driven gameplay, like chess. versus content driven gamplay, like mass effect

basically UO turned to the more modern way of doing things around ML sorta time, so it depends which "in the spirit of UO" you are talking about

like if you are saying there is a leveling system, and the end level is PVP, or if you are accepting someone can play the game as like, a shopkeeper, or something.

my point is you shouldn't tell people how to play the game, and putting the uber drop on the pvp boss is kind of doing that. but then again, the game is half that way anyway now :/

you should watch this:
https://youtu.be/lg8fVtKyYxY

see, the reason uo is what it is, is because it's a game of choice, not a game of problem solving.

like it's a choice as to which boss we camp, or where we farm, because the drops are roughly equal. tbh it's alright with something like earrings on the pvp boss, cos that is a moderately expensive item, but the trinket, robe, luck statue, something like that would be too much. you'd basically be saying to people that they have to pvp to get decent items, it's balanced as it is with champ spawn artes and scrolls in fel, doom and peerless in tram. something like earrings on the pvp holiday boss is spot on. the uber drop on a slow predictable spawn so lots of people can be in on roll.

it'll be better for pvpers if the super drop isn't on the pvp boss, cos it'll give you reason to go do other things, like farm the ghost keys and stuff, it'll also stop you all from being in there 24/7
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's all bloody brilliantly designed as it is to be honest.

i find there to be a lot of activities, and i find it hard to choose which to spend the valuable time on. that is really an excellent thing.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Your logic is assbackwards. So you think the pvpers would rather do peerless encounters for the trinket instead of pvping for it? That makes 0 sense to a logical person. You are also trying to change the game where as I am not changing anything. The item was made for the PvP area and then later changed because so many people like you cried that they couldnt get one. The PvPers never cried for the trinket to be added. We never cried that they should add the best item to PvP only. Only after it was added and we started to farm them did solo players and pvmers start crying. however heres the cool thing you can just buy them. I've never stolen inquis on this server and I have 5 pairs. How can I do that if I never stole a single pair of inquis?

But wait inquis is one of the most sought after items on the server and only drop once every month this isnt fair we should make them drop from other places to make it fair for the people who cant steal them....
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Bad Religion likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Also I cried both years that i won one of the very rare PvP tournies. It was an event tourney that was announced at the start of the event. In this event darkside dyes were given as rewards to other types of events. Both years I asked why they gave out darkside dyes to the PVM event and the Maze event but not to the PVP event.

The 2nd year in a row that i won the summer event PVP tournaments i still recieved no dark side and the PVM winner and the Maze winner both recieved dark side dyes again. How is this fair? There are several pvpers and it seems only fair to give equal rewards to pvpers and pvmers. However that was not the case as should be this. If i win next summer pvp event and dont recieve dark side dyes which will likely be the case as I've won 6 of the last 8 summer pvp events (2 2 vs 2s and 2 1 vs 1s each year) I will probably once again not recieve a darkside dye even though several of he pvpers made it clear we think its a suitable reward.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

i just think it would be fair for everyone if say it constantly dropped in the fel zone, so the chance was higher, but if it were to drop in tram it would drop one maybe every other hour randomly for anyone that tries to do the bosses. this way, those who are actually going after the hard core items in fel, they would have more of a chance. im pretty sure the people that go to the fel section would only want the tali they had it again. they would go for that and the pvp, thats why pvpers play the game, to pvp. i do think there was a deco item that dropped in there last year aswell, or maybe that was in christmas town. so if they were to do it this way. then the pvp zone would have 2 rare items, with a higher chance of them dropping, thats a 50/50 chance with high spawns. then in tram itd be like a small 5% chance in tram from a random boss. that way it would still be possible for everyone to get it, it would just encourage people to go to the pvp zone to try and get it, and for those who dont care or dont want to die alot, they still have a small chance in the tram zone.
Discord: Amish#1299
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Calvin wrote:
desalonne wrote: This. Soooooooooooo much this. This is entirely how it is suppose to work. This is the balance that pvm players bring to pvpers and visa versa.
yeh i agree, this is what it evolved into, and it does work.

but power scrolls aren't trinket, earrings, robe, etc. the item ur talking about is a beast, and if you farm the spawn unopposed you'll get loads of them.

trinket wasn't in the pvp area last year anyway. it's just like, fairer to let everyone have the random drop chance basically.

it's christmas after all, it's not fkin... the Olympics
Vander Nars wrote:There needs to be a reason to get blues to turn off their afk sampire farming scripts and come to fel for a fun fight and that reason is H-town! We will see you there calvin :twisted:
i'll nip in for a bit no doubt. i'll be the one goin OooooooOoo ;)
i'll have to see if i can forge a lil alliance with someone when the time comes, it takes a while to kill me at least, so i can run around goin "nah mate, wait, just like, quit it lol" ;P

depends a if it's monopolized by Hz or there's 2 sides fighting over it tbh. think it was 2 years ago that i got earrings and last year i didn't get a look in.

You and I must have a very different view of what unopposed means. There will be atleast 3 giant pvp guilds fighting at all hours of the day and night over this. There will be no one who is unopposed farming these items.

The difference here is while you go afk farm monsters for gold and items with a script....I will be down there with 15 - 25 other guys fighting off 2 other alliances of 30 dudes each trying to take/hold/work a champ spawn for literally hours out of my day. Meanwhile your gonna be sitting pressing play on a script to afk run the pvm bosses in htown on your sampire.

I will work for my "beast" of an item that at the end of the day isn't even guranteed that I get due to the fact that I will be fighting 2 Other guilds worth of players to obtain one. Then ya know what when I finally get one. I'll be happy to sell it to you for 500kk. Because a) you'll have the money from your afk pvm adventures. And b) I'll have worked my ass off to obtain a beast of an item....and have risked my gold. My time. My resources. My energy to obtain it instead of bitch about omg I only pvm it's not fair.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Calvin plays a pvm dexxer but not a sampire. He also dont afk farm.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

The admins have already been avoiding chaging things like casting that balance out pvp and script pvp because pvm players like yourself complain that "the game will be to hard, I won't be able to pvm as quick." So please excuse me for not feeling bad for the fact that you are afraid to come work for a "beast" item like the rest of us.