Halloween Town

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Halloween Town

Post by Calvin »

Loler wrote:The pvmers are more then welcome to join any of the 3-4 factions current in contention for said items.

also where do you think the trinkets dropped last year? They started dropping in the pvp zone of htown after a week or so of people like yourself bitching non stop eos felt sorry for you and made the trinket also spawn on the pumpkin lord.

I said this in another post to you but please stop talking about shit you have no clue about. This is where one of the main problems on these forum come from. People like yourself spouting fictional thoughts and ideas as Fact. You are in fact wrong once again.
i dont care, i need void for my build, i fucked trinket off to farm the chest of sending cos i thought you could use it in your pack lol
still be nice to get one to sell.

"You are in fact wrong once again"
stop "spouting fictional thoughts and ideas as Fact" :P

but it really depends if you follow the school of 'pvp is the end game', or the school of 'pvp is a choice'. that's all there is to it.

(btw it's a choice, cos this is UO, not WoW; you can choose your own end game, and holidays are for everyone.)

if you think pvp is the end game though, and believe you are better than everyone that doesn't pvp, then yes, it should be in the pvp area.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Loler wrote:You did get to 8% from me(several times) just casting ma fireball on a char with no scribe or anything special. And had you not ran off screen several times during this surely would have died.
3 button point proven?

On topic:
Let's all become zerglings...

Best zerg to join by order of strength/numbers:
1. Hz (sheer numbers with ability to press some of the right buttons at the right time.)
2. Nwo/kvg (kvg boasts the best skilled pvpers on the server, while nwo has more numbers and the coolest guild name [if this were wrestling we'd all have to spend some time in nwo.]
3. Req/Loop (first off I'm not sure this alliance is still in place, but let's break it down: loop has the greatest numbers on the server[maybe not when Hz rolls out at htown], but they lag very much. Req is a fun guild to join due to the relaxed atmosphere and funny guild leader. They also can boast great numbers and have had great pvpers dip in and out of the guild.[will we see the European community arrive in force this year?]
4. QA (wild card... Boasts skilled players that aren't very good at our arcade casting. Will likely join an alliance to be carried by numbers.[look for qa/loop or qa/Hz.]
5. China (usually plays on the off times of most PvP guilds, but has been known in the past to have enough players to fill every tile on a 800x600 resolution.)

When joining as a zergling remember ultimately to have fun. Yes, when people start yelling it can get annoying, but just do your job. The most important things I can tell you is to stay as close to the shotcaller as possible and obey his commands unless otherwise instructed.

On an aside: someone revived the PvP reward issue to which my reply would be all drops occur because of pvm. It's basic game mechanics.

Good day and may there be many drops for you and yours.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on September 19th, 2017, 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin likes this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Please stop typing GIANT walls of text, I and many others won't read it.

Second, staff made a huge mistake by making trinkets spawn during a 1-time deal for a month. People who hoarded them can now charge 300kk, an amount most people do not have.

It should've been thought out a lot more.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

Tempest wrote:Please stop typing GIANT walls of text, I and many others won't read it.

Second, staff made a huge mistake by making trinkets spawn during a 1-time deal for a month. People who hoarded them can now charge 300kk, an amount most people do not have.

It should've been thought out a lot more.
Should I break mine up into 3 posts?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Calvin wrote:sorry was gettin a bit pissed off, thing is dude, the pvpers CAN get any of the items, what they are asking for is that the PVMers cant get something, so as they have to pay butt loads for it.

i dont really see the justification for it, other than "pvp is more difficult"
well imo pvp is not supposed to be more difficult, it's not supposed to be the top level of the game, and the only place you can find the best drops. that's what i mean by a limited perspective, because that's what pvpers think.

that's why they think they're better than everyone, they literally think that if you could pvp you would, and the only reason you dont is cos you cant. so being better than you, they should get the fast easy money, and you should have to work your ass off to afford it.

well, fuck that. lol

it's just makes people script farm stuff to afford it.
Weird. I'm seeing you say hey I'm not good at something but I want the end game item anyway so give me something for free. Meanwhile....your saying pvpers are mean because they want something special for putting in the work to fight for it.

Makes sense.

How about you stop being an ignorant entitled person. It's like if you went to your boss in real life as let's say a police officer. You sit behind a desk...do some paperwork. Nothing outstanding....but another officer just ran into a burning building and saved 10 people. The mayor gives him a reward for his effort and heroics....and now your bitching because you filed that paperwork real well and want a similar reward. Shit doesn't make fucking sense. You must have grown up with the participation trophy mentality :/
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

As a better arguement just to be like you calvin. Why isn't there a fel doom arty drop? Why is it only trammel blue pvm players can get doom arties? It's not fair the only place to get them is trammel on a pvm character. They are charging 90kk for an orny and only they can get them. It's ridiculous.

I demand we get a doom arty drop in fel some where so the pvp players are able to get them. It's only fair. PVMers thinking they are just better than us because we can't go to tram and farm doom arties. It's not fair.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

They do let reds into Trammel rule set facets during certain events don't they?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I'm going to join a zerg so I get my artifact, many of you I see bitchin' should do the same.

It's not rocket science. Join a team and get your shit.

Hell, all you pvmers that are whining, you should consider making a guild and start practicing choke point fights, you'll be surprised what a ragtag team can do.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

The Silvertiger wrote:
Tempest wrote:Please stop typing GIANT walls of text, I and many others won't read it.
Color coded for you. ;)
Selling List & Vendor

Amish Hammer likes this.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The Silvertiger wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Color coded for you. ;)
Fire.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:sorry was gettin a bit pissed off, thing is dude, the pvpers CAN get any of the items, what they are asking for is that the PVMers cant get something, so as they have to pay butt loads for it.

i dont really see the justification for it, other than "pvp is more difficult"
well imo pvp is not supposed to be more difficult, it's not supposed to be the top level of the game, and the only place you can find the best drops. that's what i mean by a limited perspective, because that's what pvpers think.

that's why they think they're better than everyone, they literally think that if you could pvp you would, and the only reason you dont is cos you cant. so being better than you, they should get the fast easy money, and you should have to work your ass off to afford it.

well, fuck that. lol

it's just makes people script farm stuff to afford it.
You sound so stupid, but please tell me how I can get doom or peerless artifacts with pvp?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if they allowed reds in gauntlet and peerless, it would change nothing because the pvpers would not farm them anyway.

you do not enjoy farming, so you do not have to do it. we do not enjoy pvp, so we should not have to do it. it's that simple really.

i'd love to see you guys grinding stuff, but you dont have the patience "i invested hours!" omg really?? that's so much time! pvmers invest weeks you fuckin numbnuts

spoiled brats tbh

right, you complain about the darkside and rewards given for the maze. which the winners played as a group anyway, which is kind of cheating. that took 3 to 4 hours. how much time did your pvp tournament take? 20 minutes?

yeah, well, i'd like to play for 20 mins and get something worth 300kk too. but that's not what im asking for. it is what you are asking for.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

You dont have to pvp. Just buy whatever item drops from pvp zone. I dont understand why this is so hard to understand?
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ortiz wrote:You dont have to pvp. Just buy whatever item drops from pvp zone. I dont understand why this is so hard to understand?

yeah but the point is, if we can only drop items priced up to 30kk, and you are dropping 50 items worth 300kk

how do we buy them exactly? you want us to grind 3 ornaments to pay for one of those?
i've only dropped 2 in like 15 years...

so what's my option here, afk script gold?

and you wonder why the economy is how it is...

(to be fair if i played as hardcore as i used to i'd have gotten more)

pvmers are not asking for supremacy over pvpers, they are asking for equality for their invested game time.
you are asking for your game time to be worth more than the pvmer's game time, because you believe pvp is a higher level than pvm.

right, fine. lets put the trinket in the pvp are. but reds are not allowed in the rest of the town. would that do you?

no it wouldn't would it? cos you dont want equality, you want supremacy. well no, i dont think you are superior just because you want to pvp, if i wanted to pvp, i would, but i dont want to. it is a choice.
Last edited by Calvin on September 20th, 2017, 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:
ortiz wrote:You dont have to pvp. Just buy whatever item drops from pvp zone. I dont understand why this is so hard to understand?

yeah but the point is, if we can only drop items priced up to 30kk, and you are dropping 50 items worth 300kk

how do we buy them exactly? you want us to grind 3 ornaments to pay for one of those?
i've only dropped 2 in like 15 years...

so what's my option here, afk script gold?

and you wonder why the economy is how it is...

(to be fair if i played as hardcore as i used to i'd have gotten more)
Your option is the same as mine, I want a orny and cant afford it? Ok i suck it the fuck up and go to doom and try and get one. You want an h-town drop and dont wanna pay for it? Than suck it the fuck up and come get it.