Halloween Town

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Halloween Town

Post by Calvin »

right, so i can make a character, give him an average suit, go into the pvp area, and stand a chance at getting the drop?

no ya cant, i can, but my character is kitted out (and technically a pvp build). the point is that for most pvmers it's not a reduced chance at getting one, it's zero chance.

if there is an area which prevents a group from getting access to it. then it should have equal items to another area which is only accessible to the opposite group. these can then be traded.

that's not what you're asking for though, you're asking to have access to all areas, and to have an exclusive area just for your group, which has the best item in it, that has no comparable trade item elsewhere.

can you see why that is not really fair?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and the thing is you already have access to the whole place, and a really good item in your exclusive zone (earrings). the pvp already has access to all pvm content, plus more.

but that's not enough for you, your 'plus more' needs to be the best item possible. it's ridiculous.

fuckin spoiled
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:right, so i can make a character, give him an average suit, go into the pvp area, and stand a chance at getting the drop?

no ya cant, i can, but my character is kitted out (and technically a pvp build). the point is that for most pvmers it's not a reduced chance at getting one, it's zero chance.

if there is an area which prevents a group from getting access to it. then it should have equal items to another area which is only accessible to the opposite group. these can then be traded.

that's not what you're asking for though, you're asking to have access to all areas, and to have an exclusive area just for your group, which has the best item in it, that has no comparable trade item elsewhere.

can you see why that is not really fair?
Yes you do stand a chance, make a char ask any 1 of the 3 guild in full open no question asked recruitment for h-town to join and your good to go. Stop being a bitch and join a group or go buy one.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vander Nars wrote: Yes you do stand a chance, make a char ask any 1 of the 3 guild in full open no question asked recruitment for h-town to join and your good to go. Stop being a bitch and join a group or go buy one.

me aside, can a tamer do that? can a sampire? can anyone that is not end game do that?
they cant.

it's like, you're surprised that they dont wanna just go and be your target practice with no chance of a drop. why is this surprising to you?

i can imagine it would be great fun with all these soft killable sampires and tamers running around. i can tell you it's not that much fun when everyone is a special built pvp mage or archer, running UOsteam scripts. which is what you all are. which is why you want this.

and stop saying "buy one" because at 300kk HOW, HOW do they buy one???
they cant. i mean do you just want people to not bother with the game? you're a king of the ashes type person.

you are practically saying "play our way or dont play, because no other way is worth playing", well that is not UO.
(oh, or afk farm with scripts, that's the other option isn't it? pvp for drops, or AFK script for gold. everything else is not worth doing. it's a good thing you're not a games designer.)
Loler

Post by Loler »

I'm usually more civil with retards of your caliber Calvin but it seems that you are (a) to stupid to read anything anyone else writes (b) read what everyone wrote and ignored it (c) a Zealot for on a mission against Trinket being an only PVP drop.

There was another recent Zealot on a mission, he is currently perma banned from the forums. The way your are posting completely ignoring everyone else's facts and suggestions makes me think you have a similar mind to this man.

It is a very simple thing that has been suggest time and time again. Join one of the very large pvp guilds for protection. By choosing a side you will in fact be in danger of dying or not being able to farm at certain times because the team you chose to side with lost. What you are going to lose if you die is some insurance money. As you make it seem you don't seem to have a pride issue with dying so all you will lose is a tad bit of insurance. What you have to gain is a 300kk item.

However, at the rate you are going you are probably going to agitate at the very least a majority of the PVP guilds in which case you probably wont be allowed to participate with said groups during this years Halloween event. In which case if the GM's don't feel generous this year to your cause, as they didn't to my PVP cause which I can assure you took more then 20 minutes to learn to duel acquire a suit and gain my knowledge in pvp, you will likely once again be up shits creek without a paddle.

That being said, hopefully you take the time to actually read this message before you go about banging on that object in front of you known as a keyboard. And, maybe while reading said message you will take more then 5 seconds to think about your reply. Which is probably 3 seconds longer then you took in the rest of your replies.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
AkaPwn and Necrodog like this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Calvin wrote:right, so i can make a character, give him an average suit, go into the pvp area, and stand a chance at getting the drop?

no ya cant
YES YOU CAN!

"Hey guys, I want to help you at h-town, and just for h-town. What char should I make?"
"Necromage"
"ok"

and if you have a suit that is even usable you will be able to join them. It's like Vander, Starlito, Morto, and I'm sure others have said, just join a PvP guild strictly for h-town.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I'd say make a Doom'ish system, with points and all.

So basically, the more you are active in Halloween town, the better your chances of getting that "rare" drop.

It would encourage people to be active in many area's of Halloween Town, instead of just focusing on the same mob again, and gives a fair chance to everyone.

The more dedicated player, will most likely get rewarded.

That's what I would do anyway.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I'm rather new to demise, is there any threads about what Halloween town actually is? I've seen the videos on YouTube of the pvp and choke points and of the champion spawn. But is htere any detailed info out there about what drops, drop rates, quests, ect?

I realize Halloween and Christmas town are a pretty big deal around here, but as the new guy i'm struggling to put together what it all means. and i'd like to prepare a character or two ahead of time.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote:I'm rather new to demise, is there any threads about what Halloween town actually is? I've seen the videos on YouTube of the pvp and choke points and of the champion spawn. But is htere any detailed info out there about what drops, drop rates, quests, ect?

I realize Halloween and Christmas town are a pretty big deal around here, but as the new guy i'm struggling to put together what it all means. and i'd like to prepare a character or two ahead of time.
Our very own Spok
Documents many Demise things/events

http://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/

http://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/locat ... _town/2016
Last edited by Bama on September 20th, 2017, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Mr Straitions wrote:I'm rather new to demise, is there any threads about what Halloween town actually is? I've seen the videos on YouTube of the pvp and choke points and of the champion spawn. But is htere any detailed info out there about what drops, drop rates, quests, ect?

dude, halloween and christmas town are awesome.

and can i just add one last thing to my previous rants:
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =8&t=14532
case and point.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Bama wrote:

Our very own Spok
Documents many Demise things/events

http://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/

http://uodemiseguide.spokland.com/locat ... _town/2016
My man
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Woman
I fixed that for you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
april0395 likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Bama wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:
Woman
I fixed that for you
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:

case and point.
He is trolling.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Vander Nars wrote:
Calvin wrote:

case and point.
He is trolling.
you sure?
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off