Economy Reset?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Legacy

Re: Economy Reset?

Post by Legacy »

koziar wrote:Ok, they change now this charge and what? It change price for exemple orny from 90 kk to 20kk? Price still will be the same So i dont know how they can fix ecenomy now. Maybe idea with transmog item etc is good
Deflation. Cut off the gold supply and prices will drop due to scarcity.
Lucifall
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

for example if there is event item i want to buy or something, good runic craft, etc:

and i have used all my gold to buy status item, then i will have to sell something for gold to buy the new item.

so i think i will sell ornament.

so other guy also wants to sell ornament.

there is only 1 buyer for ornament that has the gold.

so we compete to give him best price.

this is how prices go down.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote:There has been griping about gold skull prices, but as it's less annoying to farm it's not as prominent. In fel, you can farm one bos in 5 minutes or less. In tram, 15-30 minutes. So if we go with the fast track fel, that's 12 per hour. 12 per hour vs 40 per hour.... May just have to start direct sales to jerk the rug out from under him.

you know if you actually think about it, gold skulls costing 200k. ornament costing 90kk.

it's basically double price for everything, and it kind of works out. gold skulls are like direct time > gold conversion, so it works out that if ornament costs twice as much, then people get twice as much for their time spent.

runic tools are kind of an exception, but their value has gone down due to more people farming them, not up due to inflation.

i used to buy golden runic hammers at 3.5kk each. now they are 2.3kk each
but if you take inflation into account as well, they are actually selling at about 30% the price they used to sell at.

you shouldn't judge the economy based on runic tools, because they dont have a normalized drop rate like ornament, the prices are more determined by how many people are farming them

so who is gonna do me a good price on bulk bronze hammers so i can make some mana leech slayers for profits? ;)
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Legacy wrote:
Shallan wrote:
Legacy wrote:I PM'ed Eos the BoS bug that should nerf sampire afk farming very hard, but no bite so far.
Bag of Sending fixed to handle items’ weight ranges properly:
1 – 10 stones cost one charge
11 – 20 costs two, etc.

Publish 50 is answer for ur problems :)

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... 10th-july/
Yup. That's the one.
58k gold weight is 388 STONES it means 38 charges. PROBLEM SOLVED.
And the publish is in Server Range :)
Next?

The gold would have the value :P instead just go more more for items. Its not the items that have more value but gold have less.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Shallan wrote: And the publish is in Server Range.
........so is the revert
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_58

The revert Bama speaks of. Also if you think this will stop the gold from flowing in, you are pretty dense to think people cant find ways to bypass the need of a bag of sending. Then again I doubt the intelligence/knowledge of most people who play this server. Call me a pessimist.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

They may find a way, but is that way as efficient as a bos? I doubt it.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

Probably more efficient for some people. Once again making the gap that much bigger for the better scripters then the worse, and possibly causing more harm then good to the economy.

As it stands right now anyone can find macros on easyuo to auto farm monsters. Which does everything from attack the monster to loot items and send gold.

Policing the problem is probably the best outcome with more stringent rules against afk gathering. Currently I feel the punishments are to lax is one of the main problems.

Also allowing players to eliminate with extreme prejudice said afk sampires in tram, and not being punished by luring mobs or releasing pets on specifically afk farmers. For this to work the GM's would specifically have to make an announcement with an addendum to the rules, stating thusly, "The luring of monsters on such players that are to be found afk gathering is no longer frowned upon nor punishable, however the active harassment of a player who responds to their fellow players will still not be tolerated."

Meaning, you can lure/release pets on afk gathers, but not on active responsive players. This will probably take a while for people to fully understand the meanings of both terms, however an active player will have a lot easier time dealing with monster luring or pet releasing and could properly respond by moving locations or paging a gm. If the player is obviously found to be attended then the GM's could take action against the player harassing said active player.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Loler wrote:Probably more efficient for some people. Once again making the gap that much bigger for the better scripters then the worse, and possibly causing more harm then good to the economy.

As it stands right now anyone can find macros on easyuo to auto farm monsters. Which does everything from attack the monster to loot items and send gold.

Policing the problem is probably the best outcome with more stringent rules against afk gathering. Currently I feel the punishments are to lax is one of the main problems.

Also allowing players to eliminate with extreme prejudice said afk sampires in tram, and not being punished by luring mobs or releasing pets on specifically afk farmers. For this to work the GM's would specifically have to make an announcement with an addendum to the rules, stating thusly, "The luring of monsters on such players that are to be found afk gathering is no longer frowned upon nor punishable, however the active harassment of a player who responds to their fellow players will still not be tolerated."

Meaning, you can lure/release pets on afk gathers, but not on active responsive players. This will probably take a while for people to fully understand the meanings of both terms, however an active player will have a lot easier time dealing with monster luring or pet releasing and could properly respond by moving locations or paging a gm. If the player is obviously found to be attended then the GM's could take action against the player harassing said active player.
So what if I dont want to respond to you in game? Than your just allowed to openly harass me cause you have decided im afk? Yeah that idea sounds like shit. Im not required to respond to other players in game and I shouldnt be forced to either, as long as I reply to staff than that's all that matters.
Bad Seed likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Loler wrote:http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_58

The revert Bama speaks of. Also if you think this will stop the gold from flowing in, you are pretty dense to think people cant find ways to bypass the need of a bag of sending. Then again I doubt the intelligence/knowledge of most people who play this server. Call me a pessimist.
Giant beetles? that's fine as long as you are not afk. Stacking powders? Also fine but it wont be as rampant as it is today. Gonna take much more effort to farm the same amount of gold.

Also, OSI had full time staff checking bots... we don't have that. And I think we have pretty much established that we won't replicate OSI 100%... may as well add in the nerf and keep it.
Lucifall
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Legacy wrote:
Loler wrote:http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_58

Giant beetles? that's fine as long as you are not afk. Stacking powders? Also fine but it wont be as rampant as it is today. Gonna take much more effort to farm the same amount of gold.

Also, OSI had full time staff checking bots... we don't have that. And I think we have pretty much established that we won't replicate OSI 100%... may as well add in the nerf and keep it.

I watch players using multiple accounts to afk farm.
One account kills the monster the other account heals the first account
Do you really think any type of nerf to that bag of sending is going to stop them when they still have 2 more accounts to use

I see this kind of crap all the time
Staff says they are not afk
They certainly die or sit idle doing nothing quite a lot when I see them
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Amish Hammer likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

So you want everyone to sell items cheaper which makes AFK farming gold even more effective, but you also want the GMs to implement an AFK check system which will inevitably be beaten by scripters (or at least the ones who are good at scripting) so that they can become super rich and make an incredibly wide gap between rich and poor?

Stuff being expensive is a good thing, because it's not as easy to AFK farm fel champs as it is to AFK farm wisp dungeon making 1GP per hour.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Necrodog wrote:Stuff being expensive is a good thing, because it's not as easy to AFK farm fel champs as it is to AFK farm wisp dungeon making 1GP per hour.
fair point

Necrodog wrote:Stuff being expensive is a good thing
actually that in itself is an interesting point, cos i play properly and i dont really care about the gold on the monsters, so who actually does? who is actually complaining...

i mean does anyone farm gold except by automation? it's boring as hell
SCV

Post by SCV »

Calvin wrote: i mean does anyone farm gold except by automation? it's boring as hell

Now just hold up! How dare you to insult all the people that take pleasure in doing that... You are basically saying we are boring?!? That's stupid and a dangerous thing to say...horrible

Nothing gave me more pleasure on a friday night than to order some Domino's, have a steady supply of pop and just click away killing monsters left and right with my powerful warrior character.
I used no macros as well, not even a shortcut key... If you build your character right like i did with Lola you don't need no hacking macros..
The veterans here know I am a man of truth, I killed reefer by just pointing and clicking...

If you have the apm you dont need anything else son
Necrodog likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

SCV wrote:Now just hold up! How dare you to insult all the people that take pleasure in doing that... You are basically saying we are boring?!? That's stupid and a dangerous thing to say...horrible

Nothing gave me more pleasure on a friday night than to order some Domino's, have a steady supply of pop and just click away killing monsters left and right with my powerful warrior character.
I used no macros as well, not even a shortcut key... If you build your character right like i did with Lola you don't need no hacking macros..
The veterans here know I am a man of truth, I killed reefer by just pointing and clicking...

If you have the apm you dont need anything else son
Thank you for setting him straight, noble savior of felucca and trammel.