Economy Reset?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Shallan

Re: Economy Reset?

Post by Shallan »

Bama wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Loler wrote:http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_58

The revert Bama speaks of. Also if you think this will stop the gold from flowing in, you are pretty dense to think people cant find ways to bypass the need of a bag of sending. Then again I doubt the intelligence/knowledge of most people who play this server. Call me a pessimist.
Giant beetles? that's fine as long as you are not afk. Stacking powders? Also fine but it wont be as rampant as it is today. Gonna take much more effort to farm the same amount of gold.

Also, OSI had full time staff checking bots... we don't have that. And I think we have pretty much established that we won't replicate OSI 100%... may as well add in the nerf and keep it.

I watch players using multiple accounts to afk farm.
One account kills the monster the other account heals the first account
Do you really think any type of nerf to that bag of sending is going to stop them when they still have 2 more accounts to use

I see this kind of crap all the time
Staff says they are not afk
They certainly die or sit idle doing nothing quite a lot when I see them
Is being 2 accounts in combat situation wasnt allowed or smth changed?

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Shallan wrote:
Bama wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Giant beetles? that's fine as long as you are not afk. Stacking powders? Also fine but it wont be as rampant as it is today. Gonna take much more effort to farm the same amount of gold.

Also, OSI had full time staff checking bots... we don't have that. And I think we have pretty much established that we won't replicate OSI 100%... may as well add in the nerf and keep it.

Do you really think any type of nerf to that bag of sending is going to stop them when they still have 2 more accounts to use

Is being 2 accounts in combat situation wasnt allowed or smth changed?
Nothing has changed
It is the same crap going on for a very very very long time

The Staff tells us they do their checks
I believe them
I thank them
But I can show otherwise

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =2&t=11332

Take a few minutes and look through that thread

It’s the same crap over and over

Changing the bag of sending is not going to stop afk farming
Staff checking on farmers will but ..........

.........Staff saying psssst are you there and giving them time to respond isn’t the way to go about it any more the times have changed

Staff should actually move a player to an area and watch them cast enemy of one and consecrate weapon over and over before asking if they are there.

My buddy Sleepy Hollow now uses another account to farm daemons and still can’t kill the Balron when it spawns
I have posted screenshots of Sleepy luring the Balron away from the area only to die to one when I kill the one he lured away
So if he lured it away because he can’t kill it why does he die to one when it spawns? Why doesn’t he lure that one away?
The answer is pretty simple .......

......he is afk
But go ahead nerf the bag

Any nerf added to stop afk farming only harms the players that don’t

I don’t log in every freaking day but when I do why is it that I see this crap and the Staff doesn’t?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

But still is 2 account in same combat allowed? U posted 1 fight 1 heal. So its 2 in combat and should be jailed.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Legacy wrote:

The revert Bama speaks of. Also if you think this will stop the gold from flowing in, you are pretty dense to think people cant find ways to bypass the need of a bag of sending. Then again I doubt the intelligence/knowledge of most people who play this server. Call me a pessimist.

You are right it wont be as rampant, but as Necrodog and I have already said, you will widen the gap from the people with a brain and then all the poor people are really going to start crying. Also if you change bag of sendings just expect to see 80-90% of the gold farmers in heartwood, because they will still want to make money and do it afk. How do you think that will affect the economy when heartwood fletchers are worth 200k and 200-300 kits will be introduced every day?

Its like you guys never think of cause and effect. You just open your mouth and blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Bama wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Yes Bama, I see requiring 38x more powder of translocation to farm the same amount of gold as a good nerf. If you guys don't see how much more effort that is and think it's completely hopeless, we may as well just be like EasyUO's official shard and allow full all out scripting.

And I don't mind one or two very knowledgeable guys doing it. The problem is when it's rampant and wide spread. Staff can't keep up with the current situation.
Lucifall
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

SCV wrote:
Calvin wrote: i mean does anyone farm gold except by automation? it's boring as hell

Now just hold up! How dare you to insult all the people that take pleasure in doing that... You are basically saying we are boring?!? That's stupid and a dangerous thing to say...horrible

Nothing gave me more pleasure on a friday night than to order some Domino's, have a steady supply of pop and just click away killing monsters left and right with my powerful warrior character.
I used no macros as well, not even a shortcut key... If you build your character right like i did with Lola you don't need no hacking macros..
The veterans here know I am a man of truth, I killed reefer by just pointing and clicking...

If you have the apm you dont need anything else son
i apologize and stand corrected :)
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Legacy wrote:
Bama wrote:
Legacy wrote:

Yes Bama, I see requiring 38x more powder of translocation to farm the same amount of gold as a good nerf. If you guys don't see how much more effort that is and think it's completely hopeless, we may as well just be like EasyUO's official shard and allow full all out scripting.

And I don't mind one or two very knowledgeable guys doing it. The problem is when it's rampant and wide spread. Staff can't keep up with the current situation.
All you do by making afk farmers use 38 times more powder is screw over the players that do not afk farm
So now they have to use 38 times more
How is this a fix?

As for the easyuo server comment and the rampant comment look around

Let’s not forget this 1 or 2 people with knowledge doing it comment
All I can say is 3 people can keep a secret if 2 are dead

Kind of like when assistUO (?) was on this server long before it became “OK” to use. I don’t know the whole story about how that got to this server or who introduced it I’ll leave that to the person(s) that know

The answer is Staff
Staff doing checks in 2017 should be doing them a little different than when they were doing them last decade

If I can mess up an afk farmers script imagine what can be done when one has Staff power
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

LOL@ rampant and widespread

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... len#p29001

Maybe change the zoogi to powder ratio from 2:1 to 38:1 because that gets farmed afk as well
WTF change the weight of the zoogi as well make it 38 stones per

How about a different approach
All Trammel rule set facets get gold bump and spawn rate reverted

Let them kill a wisp for 200 gold every 2 minutes

Also get rid of instance loot
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Bama wrote:LOL@ rampant and widespread

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... len#p29001

Maybe change the zoogi to powder ratio from 2:1 to 38:1 because that gets farmed afk as well
WTF change the weight of the zoogi as well make it 38 stones per

How about a different approach
All Trammel rule set facets get gold bump and spawn rate reverted

Let them kill a wisp for 200 gold every 2 minutes

Also get rid of instance loot
yea i gave up farming zoogi because everytime id go there it was a race against a afk recalling to every spot, it was bullshit. might aswell just farm it in fel, id probably have a better chance there.
Discord: Amish#1299
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Alright guys. You win.

Let's simply sit idle when a potential solution is right there. :lol:
Lucifall
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

As for Steam there's a time difference of one month before it was created and before it was allowed by Ryan. And I was agaisnt it being released as it is, because I foresaw how scripting everywhere would become rampant.

In fact... that's actually a very nice comparison. Before UOS, only a a very limited handful had access to scripts. Now everyone does.

See the difference?
Lucifall
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Amish Hammer wrote: yea i gave up farming zoogi because everytime id go there it was a race against a afk recalling to every spot, it was bullshit. might aswell just farm it in fel, id probably have a better chance there.

well if it's a recall based macro, just block their spots with some crates
Amish Hammer likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

WHAT IF, they put in a speech command to give a target cursor.

then the target cursor summons an AFK check. but it can only be done once per hour or 2 to the same person, and can only be issued once per day by the sayer if the person passes it?

just requires someone to say some words maybe. can only be done in certain areas? ones with known spawns?

if you fail the afk check then you get jailed. 50k bounty for catching one? :P
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Eos already said there wont be anti-macro systems.
Lucifall
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Legacy wrote: In fact... that's actually a very nice comparison. Before UOS, only a a very limited handful had access to scripts. Now everyone does.

See the difference?
Wow I must have been one of the very limited handful that had access to scripts

Are you really going to tell me scripts were not being used before steam?

If you are there really is no point talking about this any more
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Haswell likes this.