Economy Reset?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Amish Hammer

Economy Reset?

Post by Amish Hammer »

The economy seems to keep getting worse and worse on demise and I cant figure out an easy way to get it reset except for one way. But it would have to be done by the players, and I know for a fact a huge percentage wouldnt want to part take in it. But my idea would be to across the board start selling thing cheaper then the current market, set all of the prices lower so its not as intimidating and hard to get for normal casual playing players. The things I find a problem with this though, most people probably wouldnt want to go along with this because they would be lossing money, but also there would be those people that would buy the items that are at a low price at the start, buy them, then resell them for a much bigger profit. For example with the bags of sending issue, a couple of months ago they were 40k fully charged, but because of the people that automate afk farm for gold, people have sky rocketed the price for something so simple and easy to get just to make a profit because they know that the afk farmers need it to continue their free farming, and they know the afk farmers arent afraid to pay that price because it doesnt hurt their bank account at all. I was planning on trying to reset this small thing just by myself but I know people will take advantage of it, it really isnt hard to get the bags of sending, people just dont like to take the time to get them for some reason. I was planning on getting atleast a vendor full of them and selling them for the old price of 40k each, but with just me doing it alone would not make a dent, people would just buy them and resell them and profit off of others work.

So my point is to ask if anyone else would be willing to take the big step of trying to fix the economy, or if I am in this by myself? I will still eventually be getting around to the 40k BoS, but I am not looking forward to the outcome if its not going to make any progress. I personally cant say anything about the prices of artifacts and power scrolls since I rarely try for any of those things, they all seem to be monopolized by a small group of people on the server, I am not sure those people would be willing to lower the prices at all to try and help others out. I just know I could make the BoS easier to get and cheaper for new players. I am also planning to eventually bring back my starter suit vendor to make it much easier for new players to get their foot through the door.

If anyone is interested let me know, id like to see peoples opinion on this topic. It might not matter to some people and the afkers, but for some people that play casually or just started on this server its quite hard to get things youd like through sheer will power and following the rules.

We need to fix this economy. :)
Discord: Amish#1299
The Silvertiger

Re: Economy Reset?

Post by The Silvertiger »

I'm in
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

I personally love Demise economy.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Tanya and Bad Religion like this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Nah, I'm out.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Alvin and april0395 like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Amish Hammer wrote:afk farmers )
I don’t know Amish.......

A Staff member has commented on this and has stated they do checks for hours and hours and hours and punish them accordingly

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =30#p54058

Now just because you or me do not see the Staff doing their checks doesn’t mean they are not doing them

You know it’s like that thing.......

.......if a tree falls blah blah blah and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound

The answer is no it doesn’t make a sound whether someone is there or not
The Staff has tested this over and over
The problem is when they tested it with someone standing by the falling tree they used Opy

They have destroyed a rainforest testing this and Opy has yet to tell the Staff that he heard something
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote:They have destroyed a rainforest testing this and Opy has yet to tell the Staff that he heard something
maybe he's deaf?

disable bag of sending for a couple of days and see what happens? :P

the economy is not so bad, it goes boom and bust with darkside dyes. the problem is that people are now afk farming monsters like miasma, not just whisps. so it's going up a lot faster than it used to.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:
maybe he's deaf?

You think?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
MaZa

Post by MaZa »

Server Wipe + anti afk gump in doungeons
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Let me know when yall start this!
Burnhazel

Post by Burnhazel »

The only prob I see with the economy in this shard is that it is hard for a new player to get started if they don't have friends on here to help them out. Which might make them want to choose another server. So population growth will slow down.

Me though I'm more of a solo player. Like doing temps and SOS so good for me. My hobbies are cheap lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah i played a free 2D mmo on steam for a lil bit, and one of the things it had was a capcha pop-up request every hour or so, and if you filled it in you got a bit of xp
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Gold sinks. Economy fixed.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Calvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Unfortunately, gold sinks just don't work as well. If I got 3 guys doing dread spiders and one guy scratching tickets [the last gold sink], do you think a gold sink is really going to bother me? Yes, there are people multiclient gold farming all day long.... The only thing keeping this server noob friendly, at this point, is people dropping armor in Luna. Or adding people to the decepticon army in hw...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

The problem is there is too much gold in the game. A gold sink gets rid of gold. I don't see how this can fail. Maybe it's not a magic bullet, but it's a step in the right direction.

You're right about one thing though. The server isn't very new guy friendly.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

gold sinks work fine tbh
take a couple of billion gold out of the server and the prices drop for everything because people need to sell things to get gold to use

what about letting players buy statues in the vendor mall or something?

honestly it's just cycling too fast now, i see people afk farming miasma, if you made it run when it was low hp this wouldn't happen.
Last edited by Calvin on September 29th, 2017, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.