Future Holiday Town Event Suggestions?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mr Straitions

Re: Future Holiday Town Event Suggestions?

Post by Mr Straitions »

The Silvertiger wrote:Tbh, I disagree with any method where you yourself have to have teammates to get you to a particular area. I understand that a team/lots-of-people are required to kill a boss, but I think the solo guys need a fair chance as well.
This is a MMO bro...
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The Silvertiger wrote:Tbh, I disagree with any method where you yourself have to have teammates to get you to a particular area. I understand that a team/lots-of-people are required to kill a boss, but I think the solo guys need a fair chance as well.
See, I think that's a double edged blade.

In my proposition, there is nothing that makes it compulsory to have a team, just that only the people you decide can join in with you.

That being said, it could certainly be designed to be solo'able, but if you do that then you open the door to a group of people to team together and easily defeat all the challenges over and over again.

So there you have to make a decision, make it hard enough so that you need at least a buddy or two, or make them weak enough to be solo'able and then you'll have teams that run them 24/7 milking it of as many drops as they can.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Mr Straitions wrote:
This is a MMO bro...
Also @cue

What I mean is a solo player joining in with others, such as a new player. One who is unable to solo, but isn't part of a group yet. There's always been room for the solo guys cause not everyone is socialable. This is a game where theives, idoc'ers, and scammers thrive. This is a game where anyone can join in a tram-ruleset champ spawn. This is a game where one group can push into another group in a fel champ and get a chance at the rng gods.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:
This is a MMO bro...
Also @cue

What I mean is a solo player joining in with others, such as a new player. One who is unable to solo, but isn't part of a group yet. There's always been room for the solo guys cause not everyone is socialable. This is a game where theives, idoc'ers, and scammers thrive. This is a game where anyone can join in a tram-ruleset champ spawn. This is a game where one group can push into another group in a fel champ and get a chance at the rng gods.
Great!

Then it will encourage the new player to work on getting better.

It will encourage him to socialize, perhaps find another loner in which they can get along.

Perhaps they will even marry in a few years, and they will be forever thankfull that they had to team up for an Halloween boss event!

Jokes aside, it will always be realisticly impossible to find a secret recipe that will cater to 100% of the population. All you can do is try something, stick if it works for the most part, or change it if the negative effects are too numerous.

Finding a solution that is great for everyone, without causing any issues, is a task I would consider impossible to perform.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Flaws in my suggestion?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The Silvertiger wrote:Flaws in my suggestion?
Eh,

I'm not really arguing against your suggestion, but merely defending mine ;)
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

I SIT AT GRAVEDIGGER WAITING FOR HOURS BUT AFTER IT DIES I HAVE A 2 HOUR PERIOD WHEN WHICH I CAN THEN DO EVERYTHING ELSE ID WANT TO DO
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
jackie moon2

Post by jackie moon2 »

Didn't read all the post but the guild was talking and the monster wouldn't need as long of a timer if it had alot more hp and was harder to kill.. Say if the tentacles from a narrower popped up everywhere then afking the boss would be much harder. As far as multiclient go, continue doing the good checks ur doing. Maybe there can be some code written that wouldn't allow another account enter the holiday gate from the same IP. I'm not a coder but seems like it would be doable. Just my opinion.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Deathviper is absolutely spot on with his suggestions. I'd only add that bosses should have specific novelty items for themselves, just like the Grim Reaper does. Maybe special colored cloth related to the boss being killed which you can craft whatever you want, stuff like that. Those are merely aesthetic modifications which don't affect the game balance in any way but would be highly sought after due to their rarity.

Here's my suggestion for said novelty items:
- Special colored cloth which you can use to craft whatever you want.
- Special colored swamp dragon armor deeds.
- Novelty pets:
* Pumpkin Lord = harmless killer pumpkin pet that has 1 each stat
* Grave Digger = pet zombie/skeleton
* Clawser Jr = pet blue clawser eagle
etc.
- A deed for a Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon paint job (pigment colors or just shadow black, rum red, and other more tame colors)

Most of those can be done with current in-game stuff.

As for the afk part, the easiest way you can hinder that is by creating enviroments that simply can't be afk'ed at. A place that constantly respawns 10 skeletal dragons is very hard to afk at, even with a lot of people. And that would require sane spawn rates for bosses, like two hours.
Lucifall
The Silvertiger and Ajani like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

royal kapero2 wrote:ey… tentacles of the harrower… ekhm ehkm ….do area attack.. ekhmehkm ...kill noobs….
Why do we allow players to post racist shit, then edit it a few minutes later?

Just perma ban this guy already. The fact that his name has a #2 in it is proof enough mods on the forums arent taking racial/discriminatory comments seriously enough.
Legacy likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Arden wrote:
royal kapero2 wrote:ey… tentacles of the harrower… ekhm ehkm ….do area attack.. ekhmehkm ...kill noobs….

Just perma ban this guy already. The fact that his name has a #2 in it is proof enough mods on the forums arent taking racial/discriminatory comments seriously enough.

Like say ummm Jackie Moon2?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Mr Straitions wrote:One IP address in a dungeon at a time. Including Htown.
That's completely garbage for the players who have more than one person who play Demise in a single household.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

april0395 wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:One IP address in a dungeon at a time. Including Htown.
That's completely garbage for the players who have more than one person who play Demise in a single household.
The idea isn't garbage just because you thought of an exception.

99% of the population do not have other people in their household that play Demise. For the sub 1%, staff can make an exception. I know this is plausible because I setup a VPN to my own network for someone to play with because their connection to Demise was shit after the hardware changes. We spoke with staff, they made a note, and all is well.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

If you are going to make a script that restricts same IP, then may as well implement a way to add exceptions... which staff could make for people who live in the same househood.
Lucifall
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:
Bama wrote:
Arden wrote:

Like say ummm Jackie Moon2?
shut your foul mouth about such a good person!

Easy now there dude
I don’t write the jokes I just read them

I think your guild mate is the one that wants someone perma banned because his forum name has a #2 in it
And some how this #2 means mods don’t take stuff serious enough

I just added another name to the list

And why stop at the number 2
That “n” at the end of Arde does that stand for infinity?

Hmmmm Vander Nars? That “s” is it making your name plural? Is your name really just Vander Nar
Perma ban you as well I guess

Now The SilverTiger see that’s ok that is singular and he never posts anything racial/discriminatory

So I guess Arde(n) is correct
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈