PvP Gaunlet still ruined

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

PvP Gaunlet still ruined

Post by Vander Nars »

I know admins have confirmed there is some super rare drop that has apparently almost no chance of ever dropping. iv done over 100 rounds of h-town doom since week 2 and we haven't see any drop of anything other than nightshade. While im thankful you tried to add something to the pvp gauntlet to entice the players to come you also killed it again by removing the 2 items(undead spellbook and luck statue) that had a considerably higher drop rate than whatever this new super rare item is. If you had atleast left something that had a semi decent chance of dropping other than the super rare item that shall not drop than im sure people would be more inclined to do this but honestly how is 10+ people suppose to split 1 item that takes a whole week of constant pvp gauntlet running to drop? No one wants to put in 1000 rounds just so some random guildmate who only shows up to kill the boss can get this super rare drop.
Last edited by Vander Nars on October 31st, 2017, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zulu2401

Re: PvP Gaunlet still ruined

Post by zulu2401 »

Just go to the PVM areas where you can be red and looted in 0.00015 of a second when you die.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:splint
Opy's back!

And the crowd goes wild!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I put 6 and a half hours into the gauntlet the first Monday of the event and earned nothing. Since then Hz has spent MANY hours doing the same thing as Vander and I agree with this post. Gaunlet is useless. If I want objectiveless PVP (which we all love) I would go to brit gate.We certainly wouldn't do it in what i consider a CHOKE FEST. In all my years of UO, I would be willing to bet that 99 percent of hte choke fights that have ever been played was done so for an objective. That's why gate pvp is so fun. It's in the open. But i digress.

Stand in one spot. Cast wildfire a hundred times. Gift up and push. Soooooo fun.

The PVM alternative is just as laughable. Stand in one spot with a thunderstorm script and every 4-8 hours you have a chance to get a best in slot item valued at approx 100 million gold. And then for week two they removed it! Couldn't play week one you say? Well screw you. Meanwhile multiple people have posted screenshots of 9 trinkets in a bag. Smh.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
The Silvertiger

zulu2401 wrote:Just go to the PVM areas where you can be red and looted in 0.00015 of a second when you die.
C'mon... You mean to tell me the great Lord Imposter Captain Poopy Pants Zulu dies?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

The Silvertiger wrote:
zulu2401 wrote:Just go to the PVM areas where you can be red and looted in 0.00015 of a second when you die.
C'mon... You mean to tell me the great Lord Imposter Captain Poopy Pants Zulu dies?
Yea vampire bat thing ate my dick
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

In my defense though I was dual clienting while killing Hz on their dual clients at ice west spawn.
Bama likes this.
The Silvertiger

Several people have cried about the "you couldn't play week one screw you" What if I couldn't play week one or two? Screw me? The opportunity was there for everyone able to logon. DC problems? Talk to Ryan. Spam hybrid chat until you get an answer.
Selling List & Vendor

The Silvertiger

zulu2401 wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Yea vampire bat thing ate my dick
This is the one time it's ok to stand in the enemies wildfire. ;) Also goes well with my succubus base script theory. :D
Last edited by The Silvertiger on October 31st, 2017, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

The Silvertiger wrote:Several people have cried about the "you couldn't play week one screw you" What if I couldn't play week one or two? Screw me? The opportunity was there for everyone able to logon. DC problems? Talk to Ryan. Spam hybrid chat until you get an answer.
How do i get to hybrid chat? I've considered simply trying to have a conversation with Ryan but was discouraged when everyone says he will just ignore you.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
The Silvertiger

Mr Straitions wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Several people have cried about the "you couldn't play week one screw you" What if I couldn't play week one or two? Screw me? The opportunity was there for everyone able to logon. DC problems? Talk to Ryan. Spam hybrid chat until you get an answer.
How do i get to hybrid chat? I've considered simply trying to have a conversation with Ryan but was discouraged when everyone says he will just ignore you.
Go to the official uogamers discord and click the hybrid channel. Or you can go to the official uogamers forums and post underneath files dono store complaint here: http://www.uogamers.com/community/threa ... -2.603423/

You can also pm him there as several players have done. (Thank you guys for that. A lot of good it did you.)
Selling List & Vendor

Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I sent him a PM. we'll see what happens. The answer is certainly "no" if i don't ask, right? lol
jackie moon2

Post by jackie moon2 »

I messaged Ryan on discord and got an answer within a day, but I wasn't messaging about complaints of disconnects or anything.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:DC problems.
I was running 4 clients at a time and the only time I would disconnect was when I was using my easyuo auto looting script
For some reason I if I run past a corpse I haven’t looted yet it will disconnect me

I can’t wait for Christmas Town
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arden

Post by Arden »

Back on topic - PVP Area

Im not going to repeat what is obviously agreed upon above.

Nor am I going to discredit any of the work the staff did, bc it was tremendous im sure.

All I ask is to know what specifically drops and at what rate in the area. I am enjoying some aspects of H-town so far, but as an event that only fully functions for ~14 days a year, Id like to spend my time wisely and every hour I spend in the gauntlet currently feels wasted. And the random staff comments about :

"there is an item"
"its a rare drop"
"its a good item"

keep me in there. But not knowing what for is aggravating.

Anyways, I look forward to the last few days of this, and the xmas events in the future.
Kayak likes this.