Publish 45 Changes

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Necrodog

Publish 45 Changes

Post by Necrodog »

So there had been a discussion in a thread on TC regarding some suggested changes to PvP, most of them being about getting rid of publish 46 changes and reverting some things to publish 45:

>no tactics requirement for specials
>sticky specials (you can cast a spell while a special is active and it stays active)
>death strike does 35 dmg with jack-of-all-trades hiding and stealth and tracking, and if you track with JoaT it does 40-ish
>make parrying not require dex (wasn't publish 45 I don't think but it was suggested. PLEASE DO THIS!)
>nerve strike is unbreakable 2-second parablow
>no cooldown on evasion (I don't like this but it was suggested)

I can't remember any others off the top of my head but if someone else wants to post one that I forgot then by all means.

My question to the GMs is are you considering making some of these changes? I like all of what was suggested except for the evasion having no cooldown, and I think it would be really fun to have on the shard. I never saw a GM reply to the original thread to say whether or not they thought about the changes so I'd like to get some sort of discussion going that involves the GMs.

Like this comment if you want at least one of these changes, discuss below.
Mr Straitions

Re: Publish 45 Changes

Post by Mr Straitions »

I, much like a lot of other players here, have many opinions on these changes and feel very passionately. What we can all agree on is this will shake up templates reaaaaal fucking quick.

My thoughts:
>no tactics requirement for specials

This opens up another viable template for mages. I like it. Since I come from playing primarily AOS, i always thought tactics requirement was silly anyway.

>sticky specials (you can cast a spell while a special is active and it stays active)

No. Teleport, dismount, dismount special scripts will run rampant on an already script heavy server. It's all fun and games until you get chased down by someone who teleported 1 tile in front of you, hopped off his cu, and footed you with a lance all within 0.23 seconds. f that shit.
>death strike does 35 dmg with jack-of-all-trades hiding and stealth and tracking, and if you track with JoaT it does 40-ish

Heck freaking yes. Death strike mages used to be so much fun. If nothing else, allowing this will give us one more template to choose from. DS is not OP if it's capped at 40ish. I see no problem here.

>make parrying not require dex (wasn't publish 45 I don't think but it was suggested. PLEASE DO THIS!)

Yet again. This adds a new template option. No harm done. Additional DCI is offset enough (IMO) by sacrificing your offhand slot.

No opinion.

My opinion isn't educated enough to weigh in on this one.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Kayak and The Silvertiger like this.
Kayak

Post by Kayak »

Your forgetting this is not a PVP server... if you want to make a change you have to pretend you want it so you can kill the dark father better or you can gather flowers quicker. The fact you mentioned it for PVP means it got ignored or better yet they will give you a .000001 chance.
Discord - Kayak#4467
Arden likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I would love sticky specials, no tactics, and no cool down evasion for killing df and gathering flowers in the presence of dragons.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Posted in Demise Discord. He can't post, but I thought this deserved some recognition:
desa_post.PNG
desa_post.PNG (14.66 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Mr Straitions wrote:No. Teleport, dismount, dismount special scripts will run rampant on an already script heavy server. It's all fun and games until you get chased down by someone who teleported 1 tile in front of you, hopped off his cu, and footed you with a lance all within 0.23 seconds. f that shit.
They were also considering putting delay after teleport to use specials, so they could make teleport the only spell that deactivates a special. This would fix it.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Necrodog wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:No. Teleport, dismount, dismount special scripts will run rampant on an already script heavy server. It's all fun and games until you get chased down by someone who teleported 1 tile in front of you, hopped off his cu, and footed you with a lance all within 0.23 seconds. f that shit.
They were also considering putting delay after teleport to use specials, so they could make teleport the only spell that deactivates a special. This would fix it.
Healthy compromise. I'm on board.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

I will add one more thing as a topic: Lots of people have suggested changing mounts so you can't bond a cu and ride it around with no taming. I think this is necessary for PvP, as it could quickly turn into bola gank city on Demise if they disable this.

People argue that it's too strong to have a mount with 600hp, but a mount with around 100-200hp is really weak. even Nightmares are trash compared to cu.

You can say something like, "If someone dismounts they are vulnerable too!" But it doesn't matter for a gank since you outnumber your enemy anyways. That's not to mention that you could use a stealther to bola/dismount.

Another argument may be that you can dodge bolas. With attack scripts and target scripts it's really easy to target a pet and instakill it even if you dodge a bola. Just be in range with a heavy xbow or a spell loaded and then when they go to dodge target the pet with the script and it should die in 2-3 hits if it is a swampie.

I've even heard the argument that the pet is overpowered because it can heal you for free. While this is true, by the time the bandage goes off on the cu, the player will either be mounted or will be dead.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I've had the op pet argument a bunch. I like cool looking shit in video games. Don't take away my swaggy pet. Seriously.

But I see your points.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Necrodog wrote: >no tactics requirement for specials
I dont see fix wildfire on the list... :P

All those things listed make pvp VERY VERY interesting. However also very broken. But you will see more templates, and the coordinated players will be able to kill literally anyone in a combo. Those were the days of the OTK. (well one hit kill i guess if we not talking card games)

Im down for w/e just fix wildfire.

But if it was my choice i disagree with these changes.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Sure. It will be fun to play my instant killing swords ninja tamer mage again.

Now for real, just fix pets. There's good reason why those nerfs were put into place and why you don't see players running around on Cu sidhes on OSI.
Lucifall
Kamus

Post by Kamus »

Imho the wildfire stack , 11 tile teleport and being able to use weapon abilities right after teleport ( archer mages ), are priorities, agreed with most of what was said above, but these 3 things should be priorities, which i'm certain if they fix, the pvp would already be much better.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Bama has listed several times the only differences between pets on osi and pets here. It would just take alot more usage of soulstones but you can still use a cu on osi exactly like you can use it on demise.

Also thanks for bumping my old thread after opy got banned i quit bumping it. On a side note deathstrike was 40 damage at 120 ninja max 52 with joat track.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Loler wrote:Bama has listed several times the only differences between pets on osi and pets here. It would just take alot more usage of soulstones but you can still use a cu on osi exactly like you can use it on demise.
You can't use soulstones in combat. Good luck using it "exactly like" here.
Lucifall
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ignorance is bliss?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."