More event ideas for staff

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Fallen1

More event ideas for staff

Post by Fallen1 »

I know there is a similar thread for the Christmas town wishlist, but I think this thought was worthy of a thread of it's own. Staff really does a good job on here as it is, and I know it is probably a bit late for staff to do this for Christmas town, but I think they should look into adding some more context to events, to give players something more to do besides kill spawn. A perfect example would be having rare stealables in event towns with a random 8 hour spawn timer. The demon skull and dragon head in Arcaneum's spawn area are rather bad ass if you ask me, and would make quite a trophy for anyone's mancave(she shed). Add in a few more items and you have some totally new context for players to dive in to and makes the experience even that much better. Another idea from a fellow was maybe consider making a tameable mount that people could get to screw around with for a short time if not permanently, ex.( reindeer ). There are so many other endless possibilities to make our server even more desirable. I think we as the players need to help do our part more in giving them constructive ideas to pool from, for future events. So let's hear some idea's...
Last edited by Fallen1 on November 25th, 2017, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: More event ideas for staff

Post by Bama »

Fallen1 wrote:I know there is a similar thread for the Christmas town wishlist, but I think this thought was worthy of a thread of it's own.

Staff really does a good job on here as it is, and I know it is probably a bit late for staff to do this for Christmas town, but I think they should look into adding some more context to events, to give players something more to do besides kill spawn.

A perfect example would be having rare stealables in event towns with a random 8 hour spawn timer.

The demon skull and dragon head in Arcaneum's spawn area are rather bad ass if you ask me, and would make quite a trophy for anyone's man cave or she shed

Add in a few more items and you have some totally new context for players to dive in to and makes the experience even that much better.

Another idea from a fellow was maybe consider making a tameable mount that people could get to screw around with for a short time if not permanently, ex.( reindeer ).

There are so many other endless possibilities to make our server even more desirable.

I think we as the players need to help do our part more in giving them constructive ideas to pool from, for future events.

So let's hear some idea's...
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

man cave or she shed
Holy shit i laughed my ass off at that!! ... Quality!!
Fallen1 likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Maybe do town invasions or something different Instead of every event consisting of people standing around for hours waiting for a boss that takes 1 minute to die.

example> Invade moonglow with a bunch of the small turkeys, every time 20 die, spawn a big turkey in there, and at the end spawn 5-10 at once or something.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

How about constructing new areas in tram and fel for house placement but as a twist make the areas into new towns using the faction system so shops / npc vendors and other utilities can be bought and placed (this would act as a very good gold sink).

Also each month the fel towns could be attacked by other guilds and taken over so the towns would need defending ... the battles could be set to last between certain hours so all involved could be notified in advance.

As a bonus to the fel owned towns they would get bonuses to crafting so the towns would be well sort after and worth holding for the crafting bonuses.
Fallen1 likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

I know this would take some time to implement but it could be a long term goal to complete over the next 12 months.

The other ideas ppl are suggesting could be short term goals and / or future events.

Also extra volunteers could help code and they could be kept on a separate mocked up server to verify their code before it goes live or give each person separate coding to complete which can easily be managed and checked.
Fallen1 likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Do a generic survival mode. Make a fake little town, throw all the willing players into it, then spawn easy stuff then harder and harder stuff through out waves, if you die you are out of there. the last one to survival and live through the most rounds wins something random.
Discord: Amish#1299
Frasier and Rakka like this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Amish Hammer wrote:Do a generic survival mode. Make a fake little town, throw all the willing players into it, then spawn easy stuff then harder and harder stuff through out waves, if you die you are out of there. the last one to survival and live through the most rounds wins something random.
You should ask the GM's to drop 2 random items so you can get one to go with your other one :D
Amish Hammer and Fallen1 like this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Centurion wrote: You should ask the GM's to drop 2 random items so you can get one to go with your other one :D
Thats a great idea Cent, sadly they are not super giving. even to their friends. They just torture instead.
Centurion likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Amish JR says hi .... he's still wondering where is child support money is ... to go with his other one.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Centurion wrote:Amish JR says hi .... he's still wondering where is child support money is ... to go with his other one.
if he shows up he will get child support
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Dad im at your shop!
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

You avoiding me Amish?

I went to the shop you stood me up ... The Child Support Agency are after u now for non payment of child maintenance.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

do a PUBG style battle royal, that's a popular game mode these days
town invasions
riddles and a treasure hunt (one clue leads to next)
could do some NPC murder mystery stuff maybe
the maze was epic

maybe have a look here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7CAW5H1-oq
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

When I was a GM on another shard, I use to run horse races, and scavenger hunts which ended in huge huge invisible mazes which would grant one non bondable special colored horse to the winner.