Banned

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Banned

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: It's his guildmate. .
It is the stupid apple that fell from the stupid tree
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Demise server GM's are like trying to round up all the low level petty criminals like in real life (makes the clean up stats look great) while all the Dodgy Scriptor's (Big Corporate Companies) get away with murder (we all know who they are).
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Centurion wrote:Demise server GM's are like trying to round up all the low level petty criminals like in real life (makes the clean up stats look great) while all the Dodgy Scriptor's (Big Corporate Companies) get away with murder (we all know who they are).
I think you're over-complicating it. I think a more likely explanation is staff just randomly started afk checking more often and this is the result.

Look, everyone on this server has a hustle that is either boarder line against the rules or unapologetically in violation of the rules. It's the only way you can develop an economy as fucked as it is here and the only way a player can even remotely hope to progress at a reasonable speed. It's unfortunate, but that's Demise. We've talked on and on, thread after thread, about how the economy is in hot water and how we think it could be fixed. Try to see the beauty in the choas.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
pegasus321

Post by pegasus321 »

I have no hustle?
I got Jailed one time years ago for AFK Farming 1 tree outside my house (not even recalling around to be optimal, just sitting at this 1 tree trying to chop it every few seconds.) Since that i have not been AFK or broken any in game rules - I wish i could farm HW kits, but it is not worth losing ~10 yrs on this server and i don't have the patience to sit there not AFK watching that crap.

If i can do it so can you. If "we" all didn't AFK macro HW so much they wouldn't have cut the drop rates and we could still get kits in a non AFKable amount of time.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I think you misunderstood what i was trying to say. Anyway, they cut drop rates on runics because people were afking the quest? That seems irrational. Changing drop rates because people are cheating feels like they're treating the symptoms of the illness not the cause of the illness.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

The reason people afk it is cos the drop rates are crap and then to top it off you need hundreds of kits to get a decent bow.
Hiawatha

Post by Hiawatha »

Everyone wanted an economy fix. I stick with my 10% rule. Serious gold sink there!!! That would just be fun to watch. I appreciate all the help people give me though. Not discounting that but I don’t afk macro mostly because I probably can’t figure it out. I’m willing to give 10% though. I think I have 200 gold around here somewhere....
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

People would just make sure there isn't any gold on the account they're using to afk. You would have to have some kind of bail system. 20kk to unlock your character and spring him from prison lol.

Maybe some type of stat loss would be a good idea. It would be inconvenient to retrain fletching. If you go to jail for more than 10 hours, all skills greater than 50 now equal 50. Or make it account wide. Every character on the entire account. Boom 50 skills. It wouldn't "end all the cheating" but it would be funny.
pegasus321 likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The trick is to farm items that opy will buyout at just under market value. ;)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Mr Straitions wrote:People would just make sure there isn't any gold on the account they're using to afk.
I know that the staff do delete the Commodity boxes that the afk miners/lumberjacks use, not sure if they delete the stuff the quest scripters get. So it might not work even if you dont have gold, they will probably find it still and delete whatever it is that you are farming as well as jail you or temporarily ban, depending on how many times you've been caught of course.
Discord: Amish#1299
pegasus321 likes this.
Hiawatha

Post by Hiawatha »

All of the accounts are registered by IP right??? Promise the GM can see the true value of any persons characters. :). I still stick with my 10%. That’s an account wide number not character. Jail 10% for bail, 1 week ban 33.3% upon reinstatement. :) that would fix the economy in a hurry I think.....
The Silvertiger

It may seem like it works, but unfortunately it does not. More and more people are using vpns to do hw...
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Take away the hw/crafting quests, and put the runics as drops during events from simple mobs. :)
Discord: Amish#1299
The Silvertiger

There should have been a bod system for all runic drops.
Selling List & Vendor

Janky likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Hiawatha wrote:All of the accounts are registered by IP right??? Promise the GM can see the true value of any persons characters. :). I still stick with my 10%. That’s an account wide number not character. Jail 10% for bail, 1 week ban 33.3% upon reinstatement. :) that would fix the economy in a hurry I think.....
Vpn. It keeps getting deeper.

Let me save you some trouble. There won't be a system that won't be exploited. The key is to make earning fun and cheating hard. Hedge your bet.
Last edited by Mr Straitions on November 27th, 2017, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.