I'm Just Saying ...............

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Grifo
Posts: 1387

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#271 » June 15th, 2018, 1:17 pm

No, I'm really Brazilian! As for the schedule you are correct. Our time zone is -3h. There are days that I do not work (3-4 days a week), these days I get logged in the morning and I use to distract myself in the game. Thanks for help in circle!
:arrow: MY BUYING LIST - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21679&p=96315#p96315
ECRU RING:
HCI 10 DCI 9+ EP 50 with DI/LMC/STATUS BONUS

User avatar
Chacal
Posts: 233

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#272 » June 15th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Image

That is a gif of Joesley Batista in tribute to Grifo.
Image
Chacal #5588
elder rigmarole philosopher
Grifo and Bama like this.
Top

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 3201

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#273 » June 15th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Chacal wrote:Image

That is a gif of Joesley Batista in tribute to Grifo.



This guy Batista isn't he involved in some sort of bribe investigation or something like that
Something about "resources" .............



..........it all starting to make sense now
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!
ortiz, Chacal and Grifo like this.
Top

Grifo
Posts: 1387

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#274 » June 15th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Exactly, denounces government corruption, exchange favors between the government and its group companies. $$$$$$
Image
:arrow: MY BUYING LIST - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21679&p=96315#p96315
ECRU RING:
HCI 10 DCI 9+ EP 50 with DI/LMC/STATUS BONUS

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 3201

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#275 » June 22nd, 2018, 1:40 pm

..................... hmmmmmmm

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... imal-lore/
Introduction
The animal lore skill has 3 distinct functions. Used actively through the skill gump (or a macro) it will give detailed information about a pet, or if the character’s skill is high enough, a tameable or wild creature. Used passively in conjunction with veterinary skill it contributes to determining amount healed and the chance to cure or resurrect the pet. Used passively in conjunction with taming skill it contributes to determining the level of control the tamer character has over his pet. All formulas, examples and statics given here are from official documentation.


Active Use of Animal Lore
With the animal lore skill you can see your pet’s statistics, skills, happiness, and some basic info. Using this information it is possible to monitor your pet’s progress and trigger Animal Training.

Characters with less than 100.0 skill points can view the statistics of any tamed creature – low skill may require several attempts.
Characters with between 100.0 and 109.9 skill can view the statistics of any tameable creature.
Characters with 110.00 skill or above can view the statistics of any creature
.




I have 115 Animal Lore skill points................

..........with 110 skill or higher I can view the statistics of any creature ............. I have never failed doing this

.........with 100 - 109.9 skill I can view the statistics of any tamable creature.......... I have never failed doing this

....... again I have 115 Animal Lore skill but using the skill to view statistics of MY pets I have failed .........often

I know it says with low skill it may require several attempts

What is considered low skill?
Is low skill anything below 120?
Why do I fail (at 115 skill points) using animal lore on my pet but not on say a paragon succubus?
Shouldn't I fail using the skill on "any creature" at 115 and not my own pet?


I have this pet I want to train so I wanted to see what needed to be worked on

I used the skill 3 times in less than 30 minutes
I failed twice

Syn_6-21_08.34.jpg
Syn_6-21_08.34.jpg (217.13 KiB) Viewed 683 times

Syn_6-21_08.59.jpg
Syn_6-21_08.59.jpg (237.58 KiB) Viewed 683 times



I used it again this morning and failed

Syn_6-22_05.21.jpg
Syn_6-22_05.21.jpg (207.26 KiB) Viewed 683 times





Why?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!
ortiz likes this.
Top

Sgfcat
Posts: 138

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#276 » June 22nd, 2018, 8:57 pm

the only real answer i guess is that anything below 120 skill still has a chance to fail, ive never really kept track of failed attempts

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 3201

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#277 » June 22nd, 2018, 9:07 pm

Sgfcat wrote:the only real answer i guess is that anything below 120 skill still has a chance to fail, ive never really kept track of failed attempts




I have 115 Animal Lore skill points................

..........with 110 skill or higher I can view the statistics of any creature ............. I have never failed doing this

.........with 100 - 109.9 skill I can view the statistics of any tamable creature.......... I have never failed doing this

....... again I have 115 Animal Lore skill but using the skill to view statistics of MY pets I have failed .........often
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Sgfcat
Posts: 138

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#278 » June 23rd, 2018, 3:58 am

Bama wrote:
Sgfcat wrote:the only real answer i guess is that anything below 120 skill still has a chance to fail, ive never really kept track of failed attempts




I have 115 Animal Lore skill points................

..........with 110 skill or higher I can view the statistics of any creature ............. I have never failed doing this

.........with 100 - 109.9 skill I can view the statistics of any tamable creature.......... I have never failed doing this

....... again I have 115 Animal Lore skill but using the skill to view statistics of MY pets I have failed .........often


I am fully aware of what you said, thank you for reiterating your statements, they further assisted me in confirming my reply.

If you want you can always just go test 120 lore on a tamed G.dragon on the test server and see what happens.

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 3201

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#279 » June 23rd, 2018, 5:43 am

Sgfcat wrote:
Bama wrote:
Sgfcat wrote:the only real answer i guess is that anything below 120 skill still has a chance to fail, ive never really kept track of failed attempts




I have 115 Animal Lore skill points................

..........with 110 skill or higher I can view the statistics of any creature ............. I have never failed doing this

.........with 100 - 109.9 skill I can view the statistics of any tamable creature.......... I have never failed doing this

....... again I have 115 Animal Lore skill but using the skill to view statistics of MY pets I have failed .........often


I am fully aware of what you said, thank you for reiterating your statements, they further assisted me in confirming my reply.

If you want you can always just go test 120 lore on a tamed G.dragon on the test server and see what happens.




A couple of things
Test center is down and with 120 Animal Lore I am pretty sure I would not fail using that skill in any of those 3 situations


What I find strange is the following
You need 29.1 taming to tame a horse

If you lore your horse with 119.9 or lower lore you can and will fail

You take said horse and transfer it to another character
And just for fun make that character an elf
The elf character has 0.0 taming and 0.0 lore
Now if that horse goes wild your elf can re- tame it on the first attempt
Apparently because it was your pet
This change was put in a couple of years ago on Demise and was changed on OSI a couple of decades ago
But you need 120 in animal lore to never fail to view the statistics of a pet you own?
I can understand failing to lore your pet or a succubus or an imp or anything I do not own at only 115 animal lore ..................but my pet?


Oakville_6-23_00.14.jpg
Oakville_6-23_00.14.jpg (228.67 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Oakville_6-23_00.14-1.jpg
Oakville_6-23_00.14-1.jpg (230.02 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Oakville_6-23_00.15.jpg
Oakville_6-23_00.15.jpg (226.7 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!
ortiz likes this.
Top

Sgfcat
Posts: 138

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#280 » June 23rd, 2018, 7:07 am

its possible something in the code is backwards, for example the % chance to lore your own pet is for some reason swapped with the % to lore a monster
Bama likes this.
Top

User avatar
Lady
Posts: 63

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#281 » June 24th, 2018, 10:24 pm

i have 110 taming and 115 lore - i failed to lore 1 out of 100 tries on my bonded cu (got bored to count more)

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 3201

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#282 » June 24th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Lady wrote:i have 110 taming and 115 lore - i failed to lore 1 out of 100 tries on my bonded cu (got bored to count more)


If a miner is transferred a fire beetle (93+ taming needed to tame) and that fire beetle goes wild
That miner with 0 taming and 0 lore (or with J.O.A.T) can re- tame that fire beetle on the first attempt
Apparently because it is/was his/her pet


Now with 115 lore why would you EVER fail when you lore YOUR pet
I can understand failing at 99.9 but not at 100 or higher
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 3201

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#283 » June 24th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Lady wrote:i have 110 taming and 115 lore - i failed to lore 1 out of 100 tries on my bonded cu (got bored to count more)



I failed on my 10th attempt
And again on my 12th attempt


Syn_6-24_18.01-1.jpg
Syn_6-24_18.01-1.jpg (196.82 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Syn_6-24_18.02.jpg
Syn_6-24_18.02.jpg (199.92 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

User avatar
Lady
Posts: 63

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#284 » June 24th, 2018, 11:07 pm

my other tamer is 106/115 and is failing like mad to lore(my pet), So i guess it counts the taming skill too.

User avatar
armintamzarian2
Posts: 279

Re: I'm Just Saying ...............

Post#285 » June 24th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Well if you couldn't fail to lore your own pet it would be more difficult to macro lore to 120 so if there is an upside...just sayin..
Solo = Got no friends. :lol:
Discord - Armin#8701

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shallan and 7 guests