Good to see this place is still alive and kicking.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Old Man Ferris

Good to see this place is still alive and kicking.

Post by Old Man Ferris »

I don't know what it is that compelled me to check this website this morning, but something did and here I am. It's been a long time since I've been here, though less time since I thought about Demise. I'm glad to come here and see there is still activity, still festivals (hopefully with a healthy dose of an asshole staff member making things difficult on the Trammies), and still arguing, joking and staff hassling alive here on the forums.

I don't know who runs this place these days, but I hope whoever it is does a better job than I did. It's nice to look around and see so many of the rules Crimson and I discussed and wrote still posted and in use with very few changes, I guess we must have done something right eh? If anyone is still around from the old days, I know I just kind of vanished. For the remaining staff, it was a pleasure to work with you, for the remaining players, it was always a joy to sit around and BS with reds, mess with people in the Gauntlet and throw bogus events just to gather people and troll them in Luna.

The years I spent with Demise were awesome, and the majority of the players and staff were as well. I hope that's still the case, and I hope it continues for a long time. Whenever I think of playing UO, this is the place I think of even though the majority of my time here was spent dealing with pages and watching people do things they shouldn't. Interestingly, when you see the worst of people in a game, it helps you appreciate the best of people that much more in life.

When I think about Demise, I think about the work I put in both as a staff member and as a player, and I'm glad I did it.

Shut the hell up or I'll ban you,
Ferris

P.S. Does my rune house still exist in Luna? Is it still called Runes Galore?
Ajani

Re: Good to see this place is still alive and kicking.

Post by Ajani »

Old Man Ferris wrote:P.S. Does my rune house still exist in Luna? Is it still called Runes Galore?
Yes
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Old Man Ferris wrote:It's been a long time since I've been here
Very few people know who you are anymore, or crimson. :(
Old Man Ferris wrote:P.S. Does my rune house still exist in Luna? Is it still called Runes Galore?
Anna and April have been keeping Runes Galore up to date.

It's great to see you, tho. Demise these days is nothing like the days when you played and staffed. This new generation of Demise players has no clue. I miss the old days.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Corn
Location: Brit Gate Tram - Home of the Brit Gate Runes & Vendor Co. - The most happiest place in Sosoria!

Post by Corn »

Us old timers are still here bud.

Hows Lady Crimson? I miss her </3

My first & only UO crush.
Cornwallis - Community Organizer
UOGamers: Demise

Cornwallis | Corndog | Corlath
Joined Demise: December 8th, 2006
If you would like a free vendor at the Brit Gate Runes, please message me!
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Old Man Ferris wrote: P.S. Does my rune house still exist in Luna? Is it still called Runes Galore?
It all makes sense now

Ferris at the ridgeback pit “ WTF is going on here?”
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Corn
Location: Brit Gate Tram - Home of the Brit Gate Runes & Vendor Co. - The most happiest place in Sosoria!

Post by Corn »

"Do all of the Demise staff live together in one household? Like one giant happy family?"

I'm still waiting for the next episode of Pages of our Lives...
Cornwallis - Community Organizer
UOGamers: Demise

Cornwallis | Corndog | Corlath
Joined Demise: December 8th, 2006
If you would like a free vendor at the Brit Gate Runes, please message me!
Old Man Ferris

Post by Old Man Ferris »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Anna and April have been keeping Runes Galore up to date.

It's great to see you, tho. Demise these days is nothing like the days when you played and staffed. This new generation of Demise players has no clue. I miss the old days.
I thought I left it in good hands, April was always pretty involved with community stuff and I'm very glad they kept it going for all this time, it was one of my favorite projects as a player, because I could work on it while I was answering pages in another client. UO doesn't have to be like it was to be fun though, when I started with Demise I hated the server and I only really ever dealt with the PvPers because those were my kind of people, but the Trammies won me over eventually, probably due to Crimson nagging me all the time and telling me that Trammies were people too(I'm still not 100% convinced).

It's not a huge deal if anyone knows me anymore, there were people that came before me that the players during my reign forgot as well, it's more important that the staff that is around is active and having fun while the players are active and having fun.
Corn wrote:Us old timers are still here bud.

Hows Lady Crimson? I miss her </3

My first & only UO crush.
I haven't had a full conversation with her or anyone in a while, we ping each other back and forth on facebook from time to time just to make sure the other is still alive.
Bama wrote:
It all makes sense now

Ferris at the ridgeback pit “ WTF is going on here?”
I remember that day, it was during the initial marking of a lot of runes when I was double checking the mark locations a lot to make sure they were safe, I walked by there on Dirty Sanchez and went "What the hell?" when I switched over to the staff window there were a couple of pages in the queue about the activities there. I don't remember exactly what was going on, but I do remember there was *something* going on.
Corn wrote:"Do all of the Demise staff live together in one household? Like one giant happy family?"

I'm still waiting for the next episode of Pages of our Lives...
I still insist that Pages of our Lives didn't have nearly enough tormenting or murdering of players in it.
Corn likes this.