GM please do something

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Legacy

Re: GM please do something

Post by Legacy »

Loler wrote:Damn calvin with your mindless rambling i think you finally figured something out.
They should put garb and trinket drop on everything. (lower chance of course) If people arent farming the other content because it doesnt drop garb or trinket put it on everything and announce the drop rates per boss/area.

Boom entire htown will be farmed instead of 4 spots.
I have no idea why the Hell this wasn't done to begin with. Current model is stupid and has been giving problems for three years now.
Lucifall
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

the gms also give them like 5 minutes to respond too, kinda stupid
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

stop crying
Vitek- likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bad Religion wrote:stop crying
could be worse, could be named after a terrible punk band... ;)
hrs024 likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Its not the first time it was suggested. I think its been suggested every year the gms just keep choosing to ignore the request. All good. Just makes me laugh at how staff handles the afk problem. They legit just need to remove the rules and let it be a free for all at this point. I've watched several times people multi hitting bosses and nothing happen.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

spawn a boss with the same id, but make it 100% reflect damage

give it a different name. let that be the AFK check ;)
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Calvin wrote:spawn a boss with the same id, but make it 100% reflect damage

give it a different name. let that be the AFK check ;)
that just punishes people that use scripts, not people afk. stop typing on here you only say dumb shit
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bad Religion wrote: that just punishes people that use scripts
riiight..... so, lemme get this staight, if i walk away from my keyboard to like make a cup of tea, then i can be jailed. even though im not gonna be getting any drops on any bosses, and might die.

but i can leave my character playing itself, and just watch the screen, and that's fine?

is that not maybe like... a bit fucked...?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

like why even bother if the game is playing itself? it's literally just for the items. but why do you want the items.

im starting to think that people play this game purely to troll.. and that they make bots to get the items for them so they don't have to play the 'game' and can get straight onto the trolling...

i mean you have made a bot basically. there's no 2 ways about it. it's a bot.
im not sure if just saying you have to watch your bots is really solving the issue..

one of these days i will get steam and show you what a real bot is ;)
give that shit statemachines and a* pathfinding... it's not the same game though, we are not playing the same game, and that's kind of a problem.

+ make top drops call up a captcha before being given? lol
bit excessive that tho... could do that actually. make it a locked box with a decay timer...
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote:
Bad Religion wrote: that just punishes people that use scripts
riiight..... so, lemme get this staight, if i walk away from my keyboard to like make a cup of tea, then i can be jailed. even though im not gonna be getting any drops on any bosses, and might die.

but i can leave my character playing itself, and just watch the screen, and that's fine?

is that not maybe like... a bit fucked...?
That's the rules, laddy.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you guys understand that once everyone moves onto UOSteam, and that becomes standard, the game WILL die, right?

simply because we will be unable to ever get new players, or even old players. we will just have the players we have, and that's it. everyone else missed the boat...

urgh, im pissed off because im out of smokes til tomorrow, but it doesn't make it less of a legit point..

the afk rules are necessary because of the botting... im just speculating that it's only tackling half the problem, while also having negative side effects.. staff are doing a great job imo, but perhaps there's a more efficient way.

hahaha, Tycho needs to get GMSteam :D
send some ban bots around xD
Last edited by Calvin on October 26th, 2018, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger

Um... uosteam is the standard... what hole have you been in? What rock have you been hiding under? What century are you in?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote:Um... uosteam is the standard... what hole have you been in? What rock have you been hiding under? What century are you in?
well im playing uo...
Lomita likes this.
The Silvertiger

Calvin wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Um... uosteam is the standard... what hole have you been in? What rock have you been hiding under? What century are you in?
well im playing uo...
Apparently, you're playing ultima 7, otherwise you would already know that uosteam is the standard.

How many razor macros you find on this forum?
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

people think they are making classics more accessible like:

but they're actually just fucking ruining everything turning it into something shit:

this present future has an upside, and a down side...