Are all the gms on the same page for efields?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Loler

Are all the gms on the same page for efields?

Post by Loler »

Today tycho told me it was illegal to block ghosts with efields. I would like to know from Eos if this is the server stance or GM specific. I know using objects to block tiles was illegal, but I've always been under the understanding that efielding ghost was legal.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Maloskies

Re: Are all the gms on the same page for efields?

Post by Maloskies »

I think its always been that you couldn't purposefully block ghosts with efields, people kinda just stopped caring because it wasnt policed.
JlM

Post by JlM »

E fields drop... its not like every guild has not used this tactic to slow people down. Has happened countless times in the past...

Get out of the everyday business of the server... police afkr's… police cheaters of stated rules... but get out of the everyday game play.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

I agree for the most part, efields are abusable in cases such what we saw at htown, could potentially efield ghosts off for 45 minutes +
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Today Tycho announced to Hz that it was illegal for a player to use 5 of his accounts to hit the boss and another 3 to automatically parafield and x-heal. Please, dear staff, let them know if this is the server stance or GM specific. Loler would really like to know.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
JlM

Post by JlM »

Maloskies wrote:I agree for the most part, efields are abusable in cases such what we saw at htown, could potentially efield ghosts off for 45 minutes +
No, you cant. Unless you are trying to run 10 miles. Would you like me to demonstrate for you. So you can change your stance.

Please don't make new rules based on ignorance.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Cries that no one comes to raid, spends 20 minutes trying to efield the less than half numbers that showed up to fight. Hz so bad and all cowards lol
Alvin likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I was just returning the favor that kvg/req/loop did to me.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
JlM likes this.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

JlM wrote:
Maloskies wrote:I agree for the most part, efields are abusable in cases such what we saw at htown, could potentially efield ghosts off for 45 minutes +
No, you cant. Unless you are trying to run 10 miles. Would you like me to demonstrate for you. So you can change your stance.

35 seconds per field, multiply by how many tiles are between the boss room and the gate out
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Maloskies wrote:
JlM wrote:

35 seconds per field, multiply by how many tiles are between the boss room and the gate out
you can actually hold them off for a hour and 2 minutes maybe more if they stop paying attention and dont move instantly when the field drops
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Bad Religion likes this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

JlM wrote:E fields drop... its not like every guild has not used this tactic to slow people down. Has happened countless times in the past...

Get out of the everyday business of the server... police afkr's… police cheaters of stated rules... but get out of the everyday game play.
This is in the stated rules...I copied this from the "shard rules" post by the Demise News Network...Notice the first rule for Felucca

"Do not grief other players.

In Trammel ruleset facets this includes:
Luring monsters, pet releasing
Note: you will receive murder counts for this.
Blocking ghosts
Blocking off game play areas with items or boats, making them otherwise inaccessible
Vulgarity/Racism
Note: UO does offer a player speech filter.
Harassment

In Felucca it is limited to:
Blocking ghosts
Blocking off game play areas with items or boats, making them otherwise inaccessible
Vulgarity/Racism"
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Loler wrote:I was just returning the favor that kvg/req/loop did to me.
Had nothing to do with the fact yall lose fights with double our numbers im sure.
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

No one was alive and there weren't any alternative exits in that part of the pvp dungeon. No way to help stuck in pvp dungeon either. If you're just following ghosts out fielding them over and over then yeah I can see why a GM stepped in. If one member of the team was alive then by all means field away till you get everybody.
The Silvertiger and Alvin like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

it's better than being stuck in those holes around the bridge though
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

so, thats ilegal, right?
Attachments
Katarina Vivaldi_11-4_13.28-1.jpg
Katarina Vivaldi_11-4_13.28-1.jpg (218.98 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time