Halloweentown

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Halloweentown

Post by Bad Religion »

Hi thanks gms for trying your best to police illegal behavior and put on a good event with a new and exciting item for pvp and lots of nice decos. A couple small things that I would like to suggest making changes to that would limit afking/dual clienting and giving people actually playing a stronger chance at getting an item even if they are a casual player:

Champ- artifact chance should be based on damage to the entire spawn or to all the bosses and not just Gomez. I got several artifacts by just invising in the corner and only hitting Gomez. Seemed very unfair for the people actually working the spawn.

PVP Area- Would love to see this changed to the DOOM point system where your artifact chance is based on your damage to the rooms with an increasing chance based on how many bosses you have killed without getting an artifact. Obviously the boss would carry more weight, but it would encourage people to work the rooms/pvp area in general knowing they will eventually get something if they try hard enough.

Freddy- Your best addition by far. Think how hard it would be to afk multiple bosses at once or dual client if all the bosses were like freddy? It's impossible to do afk unless the whole server is sitting there stacking wildfire/wisps/thunderstorms. Consider adding more bosses like this but still making them playable for new or less skilled players.

Again, thanks for the cool event!
The Silvertiger

Re: Halloweentown

Post by The Silvertiger »

I agree on all but the Freddie section. Freddie and gravedigger were nightmares [pun intended, maybe?] this year. I think with the "afk" checks this year that people weren't trying to do those unattended.

I would also like to see a rotation on the champ similar to the other champs staff puts on.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:Hi thanks gms for trying your best to police illegal behavior and put on a good event with a new and exciting item for pvp and lots of nice decos. A couple small things that I would like to suggest making changes to that would limit afking/dual clienting and giving people actually playing a stronger chance at getting an item even if they are a casual player:
What is the "casual" player? Someone who works a 9-5 job then has dinner with the family followed up by a board game and some intimate time with the wife, who then comes and plays uo for a couple hours before hitting the shower and off to bed?
Bad Religion wrote:Champ- artifact chance should be based on damage to the entire spawn or to all the bosses and not just Gomez. I got several artifacts by just invising in the corner and only hitting Gomez. Seemed very unfair for the people actually working the spawn.
I don't understand why it ain't like this already.
Bad Religion wrote:PVP Area- Would love to see this changed to the DOOM point system where your artifact chance is based on your damage to the rooms with an increasing chance based on how many bosses you have killed without getting an artifact. Obviously the boss would carry more weight, but it would encourage people to work the rooms/pvp area in general knowing they will eventually get something if they try hard enough.
That would be great, I did the pvp area for many hours and only got the pants and shirts and some plants
Bad Religion wrote:Freddy- Your best addition by far. Think how hard it would be to afk multiple bosses at once or dual client if all the bosses were like freddy? It's impossible to do afk unless the whole server is sitting there stacking wildfire/wisps/thunderstorms. Consider adding more bosses like this but still making them playable for new or less skilled players(cough cough Ajani).
I dont like freddy or gravdigger these bosses are not noob friendly and i am a noob player. They always hurt me and i usually avoid these bosses.

I like your suggestions, Epicurus, keep it up!

I am Ajani and I approve these messages!
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Thx for the exausting and funny event. Familly is happy that is over so they can see me again ^^

My 2 Cents

- Champion spawn - As OP said. It should be changed so it would work like normal spawn - aka dmg the spawn not only leech on GOMEZ (not even need to dmg Morticia). That way ppl could really use a healer outside the basement not need for fast resss (downstairs )- some of them were leeching there but some got not fair (but with rules jail) jailed cause stayed there to ress her/ him self.

- Bosses pvp / pvm - big rewards. For my opinion and ppl that i know played more then me ( like 36h strait - 5h sleep ;D at the end), and they didnt got any GARB ( luck or without). The big rewards should be "Sold" for some currency that would drop from the bosses.
It could go like

PVP boss drops - 3 currency
Normal boss drops - 1 currency
Currency is not tradable

For lets say Garb u need 150 currency - its the amout that 6 bosses drops for 3 days - and if u attend the 80% of the bosses [ if we count boss resets evry 2h.]

That way ppl that spend time would get smth - and if they work more they will get more then the ones that works less :)

- PVP Area - sadly no option to beat the ZERG option that some guilds used. Maybe the amount of dmg should scale "live" with amount of ppl - so with 20+ numbers the aoe of the last boss would one shot ppl...

- Act 3 - really counted on act 3 - got tons of water and food to cross the FELL This way and that way. Sadly it wasnt there :( :( :(

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Bad Religion and Calvin like this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

That PvP boss grind was rough. Glad it only lasted two weeks now I can have my life back
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it was so much fun, but i had to sleep for like 30 hours solid at the end. soo tired lol

but i got garb, and i got raised garden bed, and i got mandrake. some other stuff. it was a happy sleep. :)

thanks very much to staff for another great holiday event :D
all round awesome, tho i still haven't been to britomas lol
and i forgot to get the peerless done before the end, but never mind.

all in all i think you had the drop rates pretty spot on.. if they were higher there would be no point doing the other things, but it was a real tough decision where to spend your time, and that's great because the time feels so valuable.

at the end of the day people aren't guaranteed to get everything. i missed trinket the first year, i bought ankh pendant, and i still dont have luck statue.

REALLY.... boss camping was not a good strategy. to be honest. the best things i got were from luck at the champ spawn, and grinding the seed quest. the boss drops are not that great, nice items, sellable, etc. but the best things i got were not from bosses at all.
at least not the easy ones, maybe brit and the peerless. freddy and grave digger have better things. but it's right. good job :D

only negative for me was the corpse spam at grave digger.. drove my client insane trying to open the corpses of the spawn, and all my hotkeys would stop working, had to log out and in to get it all working again with like 280 queued actions. :S
not so bad once you had auto-open turned off, but even then double clicking one opens them all.. i actually lost a body just cos i couldn't find it in the pile of corpses, luckily emptied my pack like 10 mins earlier. but there was such a hoard around the stairs that killing them meant more/fresh corpses :S
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Calvin you can run a corpse hider in easyuo, I'm pretty sure it's legal but if you're a stickler you might wanna double check.

to your point, I got 6 garbs and 1 trinket boss camping. Nothing from pvp area where I was actaully doing a lot of work and having to fight for, and only a few decos from the champs I worked/sniped the boss when it came up(only started doing this after got frustrated of people doing it to me).

Although bosses like freddy and GD had rooms you could afk in nearby, it still required you to actually play the game to kill, whereas the other bosses you literally could just have a character there and as long as you looked over at it every few minutes or listened for gm checks you were fine.

But I also did like every heap for the first 5 days or so before everyone knew it was dropping garb and spawning so fast. Went from like 10 people camping it to 50 by the end of the event.

I just really really liked the addition of Freddy, thought they fucking nailed it and would love to see more bosses like this.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think maybe i was unlucky on the bosses, but then lucky on the champ spawn :D

and unlucky on the raised garden beds, but lucky on the trees! funny how it goes.

im happy with the outcome anyway :)
im not greedy... just lazy lol (ref. trades/prices)
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

me too, 90% of the work I did was trying to get a luck one, but the 10% of work got me all that other shit so cant complain lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i got 101 mondains legacy artifacts lol

you can sort of figure out how many bosses i killed from that

like double it for tots and power scrolls.. call it 50% no drop at all, and that's 400 bosses... then there's actual decent deco drops that i got.

probably about 500-600

but yeah i got the luck robe after about 4 hours realistically, and honestly my champ spawn character needs a dragon to carry her own weight

there is a big random element to it, but i dont really mind that. i got like 50 deco drops. some really nice ones. and the quest rewards (trees) are always really nice sellers, got a nice drop rate on those for solid cash.

hammered the quest tbh, but i always think the same after Htown, wish i had done the quest more... but then i suppose i wouldn't if i had gotten a non-luck garb, so yeah. that's the trade off innit, perfectly fair, just it's a gamble and sometimes you lose gambles. sometimes you win tho :mrgreen:
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

yah for sure, def should be rng on the drops so casual players have a chance to still get crazy nice items, but think there should be some rewards for putting actual effort and thats what these suggestions/comments were about.

There were a few people in my guild that played as much as me but since they didnt have characters all the time at the right bosses and were kinda just running around and pvping a lot they didnt really get anything.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's why i hate wasting precious time in the pvp area :P

it must be a nightmare to balance that, some people hardly able to go, and others monopolizing the spawn.

tbh the seed quest was the place to get solid rewards for your time, the drop rate on that was good, but it was always busy with more than 1 person. but anyone can do that really, nubs, casuals, etc. it's not a jackpot, but it's a decent 20-30 mil if you get a seed bed or a tree...

i have like 600 black and white seeds now :S
but that's from like the last 3/4 years. was pretty desperate for a raised garden bed lol

but the last 2 years it was bee hives that were dropping, and the first year those were 35 mil each. got 3 more of those fire seeds for the unique cactus too, so i've got 4 now. might sell 2 if anyone is interested in making a good offer.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

there was a big divide between what was worth it (garb) and what was worthless (everything else), regretted the time i played, 10/10 won't even login next year.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

See Calvin, this is what I was talking about when I said no one appreciates good deco anymore. I love when new shit drops especially the paintings. Back in the day we had more people like me, you, Misa, indi that actually built houses other than boxes or mostly empty classic houses lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Amish Hammer and Calvin like this.
scatman

Post by scatman »

Big thanks from me as well,
I really enjoyed this halloween, I liked the fact that everyone had a chance for a garb.
Calvin likes this.