How much taming is needed to comfortably handle a cu sidhe?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bug

How much taming is needed to comfortably handle a cu sidhe?

Post by Bug »

I am just about to reach 100 taming and need to go shopping for a powerscroll. Will 105 taming be enough with 100 lore? These scrolls are not easy to find.
Tiffany

Re: How much taming is needed to comfortably handle a cu sidhe?

Post by Tiffany »

The Stratics pet taming/control calculator or the UO Craft pet control chance calculator are useful for working out your chance to tame or control a pet. The maximum control chance for every pet is 99%.

With only 105 Taming and 100 Lore, you'll only have a 74% control chance over a Cu Sidhe which is risky. The cheapest combination of power scrolls for maximum control chance would probably be: 105 Taming, 110 Lore. You'll have 99% control chance but only have an 8% chance of actually taming one though, which is pretty low. I recommend shooting for at least 110 Taming/Lore for a better Cu Sidhe taming chance and the ability for 99% control over a Greater Dragon too.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Bug wrote:I am just about to reach 100 taming and need to go shopping for a powerscroll. Will 105 taming be enough with 100 lore? These scrolls are not easy to find.
I have hundreds of them if you need
xG00BERx and Tempest like this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

i like that calculator. I was able to find a cheap 110 taming and lore scroll. Seems that makes all the difference.

Too bad someone started up a tame and kill script in Delucia wiping out all the bulls there. Going to have to wait till they are gone before I can finish training it up now.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bug wrote:someone.
unicorns or ki rins
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Tamashiiken likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The N A guild member isn't there any more and I don't know why
Syn_12-4_08.45.jpg
Syn_12-4_08.45.jpg (220.16 KiB) Viewed 6667 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kobra

Post by kobra »

110 animal taming + 110 animal lore works great for me
pimpinez

Post by pimpinez »

i wouldnt go over 105 taming just wasting points. eat a scroll and use a jewel fc3 +taming when taming cu or gdragons.
april0395 likes this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Finally got my skills high enough to tame one of them cu sidhes then realized that I forgot I need to go elf myself. Wearing those shoes only allows you to ride the thing.

Anyone out there got a surplus cu? I will trade you one of my greater dragons or something for it.