We need a new Demise.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arden

Re: We need a new Demise.

Post by Arden »

1.25 + fireball should beat mini heal spam

Add in bleed and mage should be moving
royal kapero2 likes this.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

https://goo.gl/forms/B8TjAY7a0moKDWGp2

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Hello, I made a form to get everyone's inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP. I will share the results as soon as we have a decent number of peeps surveyed.

I will also be opened to adding some other questions, so PM me if you have any suggestions.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

nice survey
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yea survey is cool, need more people to do it though, 4 isn’t a lot. Hopefully it’ll pickup
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Loler wrote:
Arden wrote:
Shake wrote:Eos the opinion of Demise casting being broken is only coming from a small group maybe 4-5 individuals that recently came to this server from OSI and does not reflect the opinion of the rest of the server.
I find this not true. Barcode asked for osi casting. So did Anthony file and even morto. All of which have been here much longer than myself (well morto and i got here around the same time)

I’ve seen most of kvg, many of the 1410 guys, and even China. If you played more than 10mins at a time and stopped running non stop to talk to people you’d know that.

You’re experience is with msby and nwo. Both groups exploit the hell out of steam/Demise casting. Shit man ask Jeff he prob supports it.

The only person in pvp that I’ve seen post against it is AJani (be he admits he can’t pcp without it) and you. Why are you against it?
I do not endorse the osi casting change. The people it might bring are all known server hoppers. They will be here 2-3 months max and server health will probably be worse after.
Also demises osi casting function is closer to osi then pest was the problem is all in the timing. The time between being able to cast before you overcast is to long. And fb ma mindblast fs meteor chain light ebolt all damage .25 seconds faster then they should. I don't know how the casting speed stacks up compared to osi its just been to long for me persobally
False, I've played Demise since 04 and so did alot of the people I originally played with. The turning point for our group was Paul's castle being deleted and all of the hardcore scripts coming with Steam, a program on Demise that makes it so you don't have to think for yourself when you are psned or damaged.

Back then the Scripts being used by EUO when it was just razor was tolerable because the scripts fucked up on people half of the time and they were alot slower. For instance I would mortal someone named Blackhole and I would watch his script go cure cure cure cure untill he shit the bed because of it. You could actually have a competitive pure mage duel with this casting and Razor and not have a match last for hours from someone holding down a heal button and basically needing mortal to kill someone.

I would infact come back to Demise/UO full time again if alot of these changes were implemented because I'm sure a few of my old guildies I played with would come back as well and those would obviously be the people I would want to play with and that would make this server fun for me once again.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

7 isn't enough. I noticed some questions were pvm/ nonpvp based for a "form to get everyone's inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP." On this basis I would say the 2 hz, 2 kvg, 1 loop, and 1 barcode is a bit lackluster on the pvmers input.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:7 isn't enough. I noticed some questions were pvm/ nonpvp based for a "form to get everyone's inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP." On this basis I would say the 2 hz, 2 kvg, 1 loop, and 1 barcode is a bit lackluster on the pvmers input.
I doubt the poll will matter regardless of numbers but pvmers can/should take it to, they can put any changes llama didn’t think of in the other: suggestion

It’s just to get feel for what people want.
koziar

Post by koziar »

guys, what you think about change weight pots? than mage / warrior can't carry 50 ref/ cure str etc... so poisoning will be much more usable in field? I feel that GM will not change anything we're fighting for, so i try find other solution for buff meele:D Archers will be much more carefully, maybe they stop use autodrink macro?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eh I think that’s a bad idea. Because mages who use regs will get fucked over bc they are already close to overloaded with regs + pots, increasing pot weight will make them more vulnerable.
The gms just need to do the right thing and disable some steam features.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

koziar wrote:guys, what you think about change weight pots? than mage / warrior can't carry 50 ref/ cure str etc... so poisoning will be much more usable in field? I feel that GM will not change anything we're fighting for, so i try find other solution for buff meele:D Archers will be much more carefully, maybe they stop use autodrink macro?
Great IDEA!

So mage will just put poison and spam archer to death with posion - and get him out of pots! :D

ps. fencer vs mage - mage will always have a chance to cure with minicure spam or tele + arch cure.

Such a great idea... i hope they will implement it!

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
koziar

Post by koziar »

Josh wrote:Eh I think that’s a bad idea. Because mages who use regs will get fucked over bc they are already close to overloaded with regs + pots, increasing pot weight will make them more vulnerable.

I was expecting this, you have right it was huge problem for tact mag without regs ;/
Shallan wrote:Great IDEA!

So mage will just put poison and spam archer to death with posion - and get him out of pots! :D

ps. fencer vs mage - mage will always have a chance to cure with minicure spam or tele + arch cure.

sure, so for exemple if they do it delay beetwen cure pots it will be ok?:)
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

koziar wrote:
Josh wrote:Eh I think that’s a bad idea. Because mages who use regs will get fucked over bc they are already close to overloaded with regs + pots, increasing pot weight will make them more vulnerable.

I was expecting this, you have right it was huge problem for tact mag without regs ;/

There is diffrence between no ability to cure and timing ability to cure. To Cure before bandage hits.

koziar

Post by koziar »

Shallan wrote:
koziar wrote:

There is diffrence between no ability to cure and timing ability to cure. To Cure before bandage hits.
where you have no ability to cure? You can carry less explo pots/ ref or conf and more cure/ heal... now most people use macro bandage with auto drink ref pots if stam < 120 (some ppl use <150 :D and carry +100 ref :D). It was only one of the ideas, but it would be big problem for mage without lrc :)
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The answer to fixing poison is already on osi, they adjusted the the cure chance years ago and iv already posted that begging the staff to consider it. We dont need to change the weight of potions or add any extra funky timers, just add the osi changes that made poison viable.
Josh and koziar like this.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

koziar wrote:
Shallan wrote:
koziar wrote:

where you have no ability to cure? You can carry less explo pots/ ref or conf and more cure/ heal... now most people use macro bandage with auto drink ref pots if stam < 120 (some ppl use <150 :D and carry +100 ref :D). It was only one of the ideas, but it would be big problem for mage without lrc :)
No ability = no cure pots.
Ok lets do like this archers can only use cure / heal /ref and bandage ...

Mage META ftw... zzz