Treasure Chest Suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Amish Hammer

Treasure Chest Suggestions

Post by Amish Hammer »

Since all the pvpers are complaining about the casting, ill complain about something that could benefit everyone if done properly.

So ive done some thinking about why it would be beneficial for everyone if the chests are updated, but it would have to be done properly to make it balanced for everyone and no one would get butthurt hopefully.

-The maps should be updated to every facet that we currently have.
-It would bring meaning and use to the Davie's Locker and the Skull/Dolphin rugs
-If the loot got boosted, it would be a more worth actually doing. As it is right now, you get better loot and gold from the mobs that spawn from the treasure chests. which is a bad thing since its a 'treasure chest' It should have better things on it.
-Importing some of the special rewards would benefit everyone, especially the Forged Pardon. That item alone would give reason for people to start doing it, it would help out the pvpers, and the trammies who go out of their way to farm them.
-Adding the skeleton keys would also be very useful, that way even people who dont have lockpicking could buy a key and go out and do some maps.
-Would give people a reason to do things together, they 'should' at least have a digger/locksmith and someone to fight off the monsters.
-If it were in all facets, it would give more things to do in malas and ilshenar
-Would give the chance to introduce the Grubber mob.

I dont know exactly how the the treasure hunting works in OSI, but I think just a slight upgrade would be useful. There are probably features added that we wouldn't be able to use with the current loot system sadly. I am just trying to think of non-game breaking things that could be added that would benefit everyone, and just give us more options of things to do that wouldn't be filling bods, or farming monsters or pvping.

If you did make it a slightly customized system, you could add things that are harder to get, like recipes and talisman. Maybe make it harder to do in Fel, but give it a luck boost so their is a higher chance of getting something nice. If its open to Ilshenar, paragon could spawn and it would be just that much more of a pain in the ass.

There is probably many other things that could be added, I just thought I would make this post to get the idea out there. Its not game changing like the osi casting everyone wants, its just a "new" thing to add so its more to do. Because as it stands, its pretty much as pointless as Herding.

Feel free to discuss it, not trying to jab anyone or make anyone mad. Just giving more ideas for everyone, especially those who dont pvp.

http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map
Last edited by Amish Hammer on February 9th, 2019, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: Amish#1299
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Treasure Chest Suggestions

Post by Bama »

You are greatly mistaken about herding

On OSI the chests spawn anywhere Which means the map you get today could have the chest under a house. If that is the case you have to wait 30 days until it updates and hope the chest isn’t in another blocked location

On OSI if you don’t kill the guardians the ones that pop up with the chests you can’t open the chest until they are all dead

Again you are greatly mistaken about herding
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The casting change will give you a new thing to do
It may help relieve some of your ho hum UO life.

And you are greatly mistaken about herding
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

Amish Hammer wrote:Since all the pvpers are complaining about the casting, ill complain about something that could benefit everyone if done properly.

So ive done some thinking about why it would be beneficial for everyone if the chests are updated, but it would have to be done properly to make it balanced for everyone and no one would get butthurt hopefully.

-It would bring meaning and use to the Davie's Locker and the Skull/Rose rugs
-If the loot got boosted, it would be a more worth actually doing. As it is right now, you get better loot and gold from the mobs that spawn from the treasure chests. which is a bad thing since its a 'treasure chest' It should have better things on it.
-Importing some of the special rewards would benefit everyone, especially the Forged Pardon. That item alone would give reason for people to start doing it, it would help out the pvpers, and the trammies who go out of their way to farm them.
-Adding the skeleton keys would also be very useful, that way even people who dont have lockpicking could buy a key and go out and do some maps.
-Would give people a reason to do things together, they 'should' at least have a digger/locksmith and someone to fight off the monsters.
-If it were in all facets, it would give more things to do in malas and ilshenar

I dont know exactly how the the treasure hunting works in OSI, but I think just a slight upgrade would be useful. There are probably features added that we wouldn't be able to use with the current loot system sadly. I am just trying to think of non-game breaking things that could be added that would benefit everyone, and just give us more options of things to do that wouldn't be filling bods, or farming monsters or pvping.

If you did make it a slightly customized system, you could add things that are harder to get, like recipes and talisman. Maybe make it harder to do in Fel, but give it a luck boost so their is a higher chance of getting something nice. If its open to Ilshenar, paragon could spawn and it would be just that much more of a pain in the ass.

There is probably many other things that could be added, I just thought I would make this post to get the idea out there. Its not game changing like the osi casting everyone wants, its just a "new" thing to add so its more to do. Because as it stands, its pretty much as pointless as Herding.

Feel free to discuss it, not trying to jab anyone or make anyone mad. Just giving more ideas for everyone, especially those who dont pvp.

making actual rewards for t-maps , sos would be a good idea
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Ajani and Amish Hammer like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

-Doesn't do anything for rose rugs [Edit for your edit:dolphin]
-As it stands it is one of two ways to obtain a dread pirate's hat, which is a decent starter head piece for new warriors.
-It is currently something to do other than filling bods, or farming monsters or pvping. Do you need an incentive to go earth elemental farming as well?
-I support some of these changes.
*Make the loot as good or slightly better than an ancient wyrm.
*Make it to where you have to kill the guardians to open the chest.
*Give me paragon guardians!
*Give me a reason to kill things in Trammel.
*That's about as much as I wish to comment at this time.

Last edited by The Silvertiger on February 10th, 2019, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani and Bama like this.
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

I had been treasure hunter in other shards because it was worth, and funny, there was a talisman called " mana phasing orb " wich could appear with randon mods, so you keep looking for the best one, scrolls of aclarity also good idea, but i think the talismans would be broken, so ...

+1 to amish
Forget pardon
Skeleton keys
Grubber
Scrolls of aclarity
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Great idea, absorb players with new objectives, and perhaps it should be a great source of the high tier items for pvpers as well. 6 modded jewels and weapons? :D
Bama likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Skrillex wrote:I had been treasure hunter in other shards because it was worth, and funny, there was a talisman called " mana phasing orb " wich could appear with randon mods, so you keep looking for the best one, scrolls of aclarity also good idea, but i think the talismans would be broken, so ...

+1 to amish
Forget pardon
Skeleton keys
Grubber
Scrolls of aclarity
sadly im trying to make it more balanced, so i left those talisman out and just left in the things that wouldnt be to game breaking for demise. The talisman I was talking about are like the ones you get from doing like the hw quests. it would just give another random thing to drop for those that dont do hw. Same with the recipes, they drop in them on osi, and the recipes are hard to come by, but I dont think it would become a huge increase if they were added into the treasure chests. I dont see a TON of people doing it like hw, so it wouldnt increase their drop rate that much. The good thing would be, it would be extra hard to afk farm this, especially if they make it so you have to kill the guardian before you can unlock the chest. Itd be a decent challenge and it would be something new.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

royal kapero2 wrote:Great idea, absorb players with new objectives, and perhaps it should be a great source of the high tier items for pvpers as well. 6 modded jewels and weapons? :D
naa no 6 mod stuff, maybe decent high tier 5 mod stuff if its a diabolical tier map. Just aslong as you can get better stuff then you would get from the mobs that spawn from digging it up.
hrs024 and royal kapero2 like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Amish Hammer wrote:Since all the pvpers are complaining about the casting, ill complain about something that could benefit everyone if done properly.

-It would bring meaning and use to the Davie's Locker and the Skull/Dolphin rugs

You know there is nothing wrong with wanting or asking for new things. But it would be pretty cool to have other things fixed. I don’t think that there was one thing from ML implemented correctly on Demise. You know Amish it’s sad that they still don’t have JOAT working correctly yet

Age Of Freaking Shadows still is not complete!!!!

I do not PvP but I would like the casting changed on every facet.
I would like the pets fixed hindrances and all.
I would like the AI of monsters fixed.
Hey not being able to leech mana from things that either don’t have mana or have zero mana left changes the game.
Those changes alone make Demise a whole new place.

When the Bedlam spawn was changed I read some interesting things which pretty much sums up a large portion of Demise

We are bored
We want new content
We want new pixels
We really don’t want to put in the effort though
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... lam#p25330

Poor Opy took a lot of heat for it from a lot of players that never played OSI.

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... lam#p40194

Tl;dr
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Bama wrote:
Tl;dr
im not mistaken about herding, i have a herder myself actually, I just find very little use to it, other then trolling and dragging mobs around when you need to tame a certain creature.

As for the rest, I know alot needs to get fixed, you dont need to remind me, I see it in all of the posts when someone suggests something new, I am just suggesting an update to a features that is barely used, just so people have something new to do. It wont fix other problems, but it would if implemented correctly would benefit all who are interested in it. Its just something minor to pass the time, and its unlikely to be changed, but I just thought I would throw the idea out there to get some feed back.
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Amish Hammer wrote:
Bama wrote:
Tl;dr
im not mistaken about herding, i have a herder myself actually, I just find very little use to it, other then trolling and dragging mobs around when you need to tame a certain creature.

As for the rest, I know alot needs to get fixed, you dont need to remind me, I see it in all of the posts when someone suggests something new, I am just suggesting an update to a features that is barely used, just so people have something new to do. It wont fix other problems, but it would if implemented correctly would benefit all who are interested in it. Its just something minor to pass the time, and its unlikely to be changed, but I just thought I would throw the idea out there to get some feed back.
You are still wrong about herding
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Amish Hammer wrote:
Bama wrote:
Tl;dr
im not mistaken about herding.
Did you know you can Solo oaks with herding?

TS;PR
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Valkyrie and Bama like this.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

After few minutesi think i know how solo oaks with herding lol.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Valkyrie wrote:After few minutesi think i know how solo oaks with herding lol.
u cant solo oaks with herding.

yes i tried.
i even lured Para Ancient wyrm that was destroyed in few sec.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.