Nerf casting and remove pets in Occlo? :D :D

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

Re: Nerf casting and remove pets in Occlo? :D :D

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:Before Larson became Larson he did a lot of coding and testing for Demise during the “ must be OSI accurate “ era

So did many other people
this implies u know who the staff is... we await more information......
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:I think you underestimate people's ability to become great. I think if people practised dueling like they did when I started pvping, people would become great. Literally there was almost always someone at Chaos dueling. Many players had private dueling arenas and they were dueling constantly.
Is this some recent development?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:I think you underestimate people's ability to become great. I think if people practised dueling like they did when I started pvping, people would become great. Literally there was almost always someone at Chaos dueling. Many players had private dueling arenas and they were dueling constantly.
Before you were born.... on demise. Back in the good ol' days.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:
Bama wrote:Before Larson became Larson he did a lot of coding and testing for Demise during the “ must be OSI accurate “ era

So did many other people

Are you saying you don't know who Staff is?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arden

Post by Arden »

Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:

So did many other people

I’m saying Larson isn’t even on my level. People don’t realize I staffed other servers and have been around uo for a lot time. Most RunUO staff are re-treads.

Wouldn’t surprise me if some of them staff more than one server. Just like the guYs from pest.

I also would guess that silver is trying to be staff. If he is the new blood we def fucked. My real question is why isn’t there a pvp represnrive on staff? The lack of it is so obvious. Mb doesn’t count he’s just a script selling player who hasn’t been caught yet.

Wait. ... why did demise stop “must be accurate”??
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The “ must be OSI accurate era “ refers to when there was a group of players and staff members that
Reported bugs
Verified bugs
Coded
Tested code
Until it was OSI accurate or as close as it could possibly be

That all stopped when Xavier seized power and told us that he knows how to code everything and didn’t need any help.

He rallied the Demise players around him and they all agreed put the stuff in now and he would fix it all later.
That was the same plan they used before Xavier which ended up with a ton of bugs.

Lol
I remember when rune beetles could not regain their poisoning skill when they died.
Powder of fortification was wrong. It’s pretty bad when you can’t get an item to add 10/10 to an item.
Poison strike was an awesome spell at that time the castor took damage as well as the target.
Just to name a few there were many many more.

Now I don’t how long you have been on Demise but this place was crazy with bugs when I first came here in 2009

It still has many bugs but nothing compared to what it had.
The amazing thing about that era was the fact that there were players here that knew about the bugs but never did anything.

Anyway getting this casting like OSI casting was reported before Xavier took over. This has been going on for many years.

But here is a couple for you
Casting fixes
Stopped the casting while moving bug
Stopped the -1FC on a weapon being really 1FC yes if you equipped this weapon your 2/6 casting didn’t become 1/6 casting it became 3/6 casting and as stated above cast on the run
Stopped weapons with -1FC with protection bringing you to negative casting
2/6 casting cast protection have 0/6 casting equip a -1 fc weapon and your casting was slower than 0/6.

Tl;dr
Xavier was going to do it his way and the other way was taking up way too much time. So he got rid of that group of players.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Before you were born.... on demise. Back in the good ol' days.
you must be fucking old than considering im in my mid 30s
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Arden wrote:
Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: this implies u know who the staff is... we await more information......

I’m saying Larson isn’t even on my level. People don’t realize I staffed other servers and have been around uo for a lot time. Most RunUO staff are re-treads.

Wouldn’t surprise me if some of them staff more than one server. Just like the guYs from pest.

I also would guess that silver is trying to be staff. If he is the new blood we def fucked. My real question is why isn’t there a pvp represnrive on staff? The lack of it is so obvious. Mb doesn’t count he’s just a script selling player who hasn’t been caught yet.

Wait. ... why did demise stop “must be accurate”??
Was demise ever "must be accurate"? cause alot of these "old school demise" players are saying this shards been like this since the start as part of their defense on why it shouldnt change.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote: Was demise ever "must be accurate"? cause alot of these "old school demise" players are saying this shards been like this since the start as part of their defense on why it shouldnt change.
Which players?
Demise was the TEST SERVER for RUN/UO
All the free shards that got the code from run/uo got what was on Demise at that time.
Demise is full of players that never played OSI but will tell you how everything is right

I laugh when I read a post and the person writes " back in the day " because back in the day they were still shitting yellow
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: Was demise ever "must be accurate"? cause alot of these "old school demise" players are saying this shards been like this since the start as part of their defense on why it shouldnt change.
Which players?
Demise was the TEST SERVER for RUN/UO
All the free shards that got the code from run/uo got what was on Demise at that time.
Demise is full of players that never played OSI but will tell you how everything is right

I laugh when I read a post and the person writes " back in the day " because back in the day they were still shitting yellow
Pretty much anyone that has defended keeping casting as it is. Shake, Ajani, Outsider, some other random noobs whos names i forget at this point.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote: Pretty much anyone that has defended keeping casting as it is. Shake, Ajani, Outsider, some other random noobs whos names i forget at this point.
Ok you gave me 3 names
I don’t know who Shake is

Ajani wasn’t even born “ back in the day “ and never played on OSI so he is comparing Demise to what?

Outsider was known as Poker1996 “ back in the day” he either turned 23 or will turn 23 some time this year

So if he was here on Demise “ back in the day “ how old could he have been when he played on OSI if he played on OSI? Now remember he is a year older than the game.

I said it before I don’t pvp but I want the casting change because if nothing else it becomes a whole new game.

If nothing else they should just give it a try. They just might like it

I really don’t understand why the players that have played on OSI need to defend that. The players that haven’t played on OSI need or should try it before telling others how bad it is.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: Pretty much anyone that has defended keeping casting as it is. Shake, Ajani, Outsider, some other random noobs whos names i forget at this point.
Ok you gave me 3 names
I don’t know who Shake is

Ajani wasn’t even born “ back in the day “ and never played on OSI so he is comparing Demise to what?

Outsider was known as Poker1996 “ back in the day” he either turned 23 or will turn 23 some time this year

So if he was here on Demise “ back in the day “ how old could he have been when he played on OSI if he played on OSI? Now remember he is a year older than the game.

I said it before I don’t pvp but I want the casting change because if nothing else it becomes a whole new game.

If nothing else they should just give it a try. They just might like it

I really don’t understand why the players that have played on OSI need to defend that. The players that haven’t played on OSI need or should try it before telling others how bad it is.
I mean i dont write down every single persons name that disagrees with me lol. I gave u 3 i could remember and also said there was others whos name i dont remember. Im also not here to defend their claim of back in the day, i used that title as more of an insult than anything because thats what alot of them claim. Im clearly not talking about you when i mention these people, ur one of the few older demise players(im assuming u have played demise for a while, i honestly dont know) iv seen that is reasonable so dont take my comments as a slight towards you.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Morto is one who has played osi and would prefer demise casting.
Vander Nars likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Josh wrote:Morto is one who has played osi and would prefer demise casting.
that says alot about morto and why he lost that 3v3.