We need a new Demise ( without Riding Swipe )

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
MarkHunt

We need a new Demise ( without Riding Swipe )

Post by MarkHunt »

It must be patched
Even if the horse's hit is not 100%, it should be able to be ridden after a certain period of time

The effect of a riding swipe must always be the same as the dismount skill
Discord :: MarkHunt#1372

There is no future for the people who have forgotten history
jings

Re: We need a new Demise ( without Riding Swipe )

Post by jings »

I agree
Riding swipe is unfair
MarkHunt likes this.
Chad Reed

Post by Chad Reed »

AGREE
ARGENTINA

Discord: Chad Reed#6568
MarkHunt likes this.
MarkHunt

Post by MarkHunt »

Chad Reed wrote:AGREE
Riding wipe has to change
Discord :: MarkHunt#1372

There is no future for the people who have forgotten history
Chad Reed

Post by Chad Reed »

AGREE, AND LOG OUT KAPERO
ARGENTINA

Discord: Chad Reed#6568
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I'm sorry, riding swipe isn't going to lose the inability to ride a pet until pet is healed. I would suggest making a macro for casting close wounds or miniheal and mount hotkey.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on February 20th, 2019, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

Are alchy archers asking for a buff? Lmao
Vander Nars likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Imagine if it was like it was when it was released. The riding swiper could instantly remount after using the ability with no dismount timer for themselves. Also if the person who was riding swiped healed their pet they could instantly remount as well.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eh Riding swipe shouldnt be removed. I think it needs to be fixed, if your pet is half hp and u get dismounted riding swipe u have to heal it full, I may be wrong but I think that is incorrect. But overall i think it's fine to keep. It's meant to make melee dismounting better, melee dexxers need something to keep them strong. #dontnerfmeleechars
Arden

Post by Arden »

Nah it’s osi accurate @josh

Diff is Demise allows you to ride cus ... most pets in pvp can be healed to full in 1-2 g heals. (Beatles being the excsption with 3)

Removing cus would actually fix riding swipe...

But what do I know about osi... pvp... and helping Demise
DG

Post by DG »

MarkHunt wrote:It must be patched
Even if the horse's hit is not 100%, it should be able to be ridden after a certain period of time

The right way to request a change

According to Eos(https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... &start=105),i think,there are THREE steps to ask for a bug fix or a balance fix:
  • [1]It is different from OSI,espcially not OSI era accurate.As far as i know,riding swipe on OSI works the same way as on Demise.I have never tested it on OSI,but here is the offical information.https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... cial-moves

[2]It is an OSI bug.The special looks bugged on OSI?Humm....

[3]It greatly affects Demise pvp balance.The special is very effective for dexxers to dismount.All templates are vulnerable to dismounting.Especially non-casting templates,a dismounted archer/dexxer is usually a dead archer/dexxer.Even Cus cant help.The special is one of the key control abilities of dexxers.If nerfed,dexxers will be weaker and likely go extincted.Besides,riding swipe is completely counterable.
I think the best shot of you is to prove on OSI Cus will heal itself to full hp.Right now on Demise,Cus are very likely to stop banding itself when its health is at about 99%.In this case,you cant re-ride for ever unless you heal it...

The right way to counter riding swipe

I DONT WANT TO SHOW THE METHODS ANYMORE.....

A bit offtopic

Dont take pvp too seriously.Its just a game.We are glad to see SWAT rising.Now asian nights are the most active pvp time.Many of your ppl are new to server and have bad gears.You guys will gradually be more competetive.Most time My CHN guildmates are not in voice(i usually cant log on at nights).

Numbers are always important.You cant find even numbered fights very easily these days.But if you do wanna even fights,i will gladly arrange it.We can have archers 1v1,2v2 or anything you want.We even can have OSI casting mage duels.Under OSI casting,ping is no longer a huge influence on casting.Last time i asked for an osi casting duel,one of your guildmates said:"Piss Off".... :lol:
Last edited by DG on February 22nd, 2019, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeroHui

Post by HeroHui »

DG wrote:
MarkHunt wrote:It must be patched

The right way to request a change

According to Eos(https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... &start=105),i think,there are THREE steps to ask for a bug fix or a balance fix:
  • [1]It is different from OSI,espcially not OSI era accurate.As far as i know,riding swipe on OSI works the same way as on Demise.I have never tested it on OSI,but here is the offical information.https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... cial-moves

[2]It is an OSI bug.The special looks bugged on OSI?Humm....

[3]It greatly affects Demise pvp balance.The special is very effective for dexxers to dismount.All templates are vulnerable to dismounting.Especially non-casting templates,a dismounted archer/dexxer is usually a dead archer/dexxer.Even Cus cant help.The special is one of the key control abilities of dexxers.If nerfed,dexxers will be weaker and likely go extincted.Besides,riding swipe is completely counterable.
I think the best shot of you is to prove on OSI Cus will heal itself to full hp.Right now on Demise,Cus are very likely to stop banding itself when its health is at about 99%.In this case,you cant re-ride for ever unless you heal it...

The right way to counter riding swipe
  • Actively unmount yourself when there is a possiblity of being dismounted.
  • Immediatly heal your cu after being hit by riding swipe.Remember if your mount is fully healed once,you can re-ride it no matter how badly hurted afterwards.Its easier for mages to do this. However archers still have chance to close wound your mount,just like Silver Tiger said.
  • When being hit by riding swipe and unable to heal your mount,do not panic.Find chance to cast protection then ride an ethereal-mount.Right now,when with protection on,your remount attempt cant be disrupted even by para-blow(Bama has proved its a Demise bug,but now you still can use it).
  • Have a mage friend to help heal your mount right after being dismounted.
The methods above may not work every time,but they do save you time to time.

A bit offtopic

Dont take pvp too seriously.Its just a game.We are glad to see SWAT rising.Now asian nights are the most active pvp time.Many of your ppl are new to server and have bad gears.You guys will gradually be more competetive.Most time My CHN guildmates are not in voice(i usually cant log on at nights).

Numbers are always important.You cant find even numbered fights very easily these days.But if you do wanna even fights,i will gladly arrange it.We can have archers 1v1,2v2 or anything you want.We even can have OSI casting mage duels.Under OSI casting,ping is no longer a huge influence on casting.Last time i asked for an osi casting duel,one of your guildmates said:"Piss Off".... :lol:
Profession! Upstairs is a personal talent LOL :lol:
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

It's very serious.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
MarkHunt likes this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Riding swipe works just like it does, and always has on OSI.

Learn to heal your pet.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Eos and alllex like this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Nerf melee!
Last edited by royal kapero2 on February 21st, 2019, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.