OSI casting

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
desalonne

OSI casting

Post by desalonne »

The osi casting implementation is a wonderful addition to this server. Its great. could use work but its a great start.

But now lets talk about the broken archer mechanics/apples/cus. The casting changes are important, but without adjusting these other mechanics (30 second apple timers, cu's without taming, and full mana leech returns on box/lack of mortal diminishing returns) the casting wont work as intended. The casting changes need these additional changes to provide the outcome that the casting changes are supposed to do. Please adjust these fixes so that we can actually show the server (and the community we are hoping to get back) that its being fixed accordingly.
Legacy and Josh like this.
Llama Vortex

Re: OSI casting

Post by Llama Vortex »

Agreed, but even I, being as obnoxious as I am, can give those guys a break.

While we don't jump on the other fixes, there are a few consequences of casting that can improve the imbalance against archers.

With the new casting a skilled bushido mage can actually kill another mage and still be strong as fuck against archers. The same goes for parrying mages.

Additionally, bleed now is very effective against mages and still a great special against archers, so a high DCI mage with a war fork is a great contestant against both classes.

So, I vote for trying this new casting with our hearts and then working on the other stuff.
DG and The Silvertiger like this.
DG

Post by DG »

The new casting just arrived and it is not yet fel wide.Better to wait to see how ppl adapt.Seems not wise to nerf everything at one time.

Let the bullet fly a while.
Bad Religion likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yea I told desa I thought he should wait on this post, because they have to get casting right first, it currently isn’t correct, but it’s a great starting point.
kobra

Post by kobra »

No thanks, I'm good with thinks what are right now :)
alllex likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

kobra wrote:No thanks, I'm good with thinks what are right now :)
So an imbalanced server where there are no Melee dexxers and you can hold down an xheal script instead of play the game? Sounds fun.
royal kapero2 likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

one small step, but need the rest to want to actually play again. Casting cu mortals. Need all 3 together for it to work like I have been saying and posting about for 2 years.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bad Religion wrote:one small step, but need the rest to want to actually play again. Casting cu mortals. Need all 3 together for it to work like I have been saying and posting about for 2 years.
Yea, I agree, but I think they need to get the casting correct. Even inaccurate it’s still 900x better than demise casting.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Josh wrote:
So an imbalanced server where there are no Melee dexxers and you can hold down an xheal script instead of play the game? Sounds fun.
Are u surprized? Dom's claim to fame was holding down mini heal cross heal macro while we killed everyone cause he refused to go red.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:
Josh wrote:
Are u surprized? Dom's claim to fame was holding down mini heal cross heal macro while we killed everyone cause he refused to go red.
That is very honorable of him not to kill innocents. It would have been more honorable if he hadn't assisted though.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Cry for one thing - get's it - still not happy.

Cry again - hope you get something else - mad if you don't.

Give the GMs a fuckin' break guy.

Props for the tolerance of these rude, unappreciative shitbags.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
BeserkerX likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

It's not crying, it's about taking steps to balance the server, Desa is only suggesting those be the next steps the GMs take. I suggest they tweak the casting to increase accuracy. None of these are complaints, they're observations and suggestions, which is the point of them calling ocollo a testing area.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Tempest wrote:Cry for one thing - get's it - still not happy.

I know balance is prolly a hard concept for you to understand with ur lack of education but sometimes mutli changes have to be made to get the balance right.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Vander Nars wrote:

I know balance is prolly a hard concept for you to understand with ur lack of education but sometimes mutli changes have to be made to get the balance right.

Don't speak to me about education when you are struggling to spell four letter words correctly.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Tempest wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:

Don't speak to me about education when you are struggling to spell four letter words correctly.
"Cry again - hope you get something else - mad if you don't."
I know ur sister-mother raised u on that inbred education but pretty sure thats not a proper sentence.