Player Base + Events

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Scripted U IRL

Player Base + Events

Post by Scripted U IRL »

Since new staff has been recruiting and new members to their team, as we all can see that the new staff members are only checking AFK farmers they should look at other aspects of the shard, i.e events and so much more. We only see many players coming on during events and then couple weeks later they are off again, I suppose many have a day job to attend to but I'm sure whom ever is reading does understand my point here.

Giving us daily events would keep the player base at a good number and see many active players around the server.

Thanks,

Script Error - Your Nightmare!
Skrillex

Re: Player Base + Events

Post by Skrillex »

I played in other old shards where every day at the same hour, there was an event ( capture the flag ( 2 teams )) or team deathmatch ( 4 teams ) and there was some rewards when you win, like coins, tokens for exchange for other items ... Etc
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Mochizuki Shiryu

Post by Mochizuki Shiryu »

making events demands a admin access level, not all staff should have such power, so, ur idea is good but dont work like that :/
Yup, kapero biggest enemy in game is the trash barrel
Scripted U IRL

Post by Scripted U IRL »

Well whatever the case I do suggest to EOS & the Demise Team to put the foot down and get their shit together.... Make Demise more enjoyable. make it #1 again.
Scripted U IRL

Post by Scripted U IRL »

Mochizuki Shiryu wrote:making events demands a admin access level, not all staff should have such power, so, ur idea is good but dont work like that :/
You don't need admin access level to produce an event for a shard, I have seen Game Masters , Seers making daily events on other shards.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Mochizuki Shiryu wrote:making events demands a admin access level, not all staff should have such power, so, ur idea is good but dont work like that :/
Tycho and John were only gms and able to run events, so I think you are wrong.

As to the overall idea, I like it. I think it could be automated without the need for staff being online. Rewards should be decent but not overpowered. Maybe commodities like ecrus or peerless regs. You could then host a weekend event with a bigger reward and a monthly with an even bigger reward.

PS I like your castle.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Lannisters

Post by The Lannisters »

I agree, this is a great idea. I have seen automated events on other servers and I believe it is not out of question here.
Llama Vortex likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

I dont think people deserve a reward for killing 3 people on a tuesday night......
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Centurion and Tempest like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ajani wrote:I dont think people deserve a reward for killing 3 people on a tuesday night......
The idea is to expand it so that it's 4+ people on every night/day. I see nothing wrong with giving a few commodities out. I can get more by killing 1 monster in less time on keys that I've bought from someone else or I can kill 1 executioner, 1 grand mage, and 1 master thief followed by one travesty and obtain 8 taint, 1 cc, and one mask in the same time it would take for 4 good duels.

You have brought up an actual issue without trying: What time of day? We have a great multicultural community here. I think 2 events 12 hours apart would be ok to handle this idea.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

i have a feeling that there will not be events coming around ;/ although maybe a good idea just don't think this will happen
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Ajani wrote:I dont think people deserve a reward for killing 3 people on a tuesday night......
The idea is to expand it so that it's 4+ people on every night/day. I see nothing wrong with giving a few commodities out. I can get more by killing 1 monster in less time on keys that I've bought from someone else or I can kill 1 executioner, 1 grand mage, and 1 master thief followed by one travesty and obtain 8 taint, 1 cc, and one mask in the same time it would take for 4 good duels.

You have brought up an actual issue without trying: What time of day? We have a great multicultural community here. I think 2 events 12 hours apart would be ok to handle this idea.
to my understanding the prime time for demise is whenever kvg logs on (they said so)
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Players can make events too - simple, but fun. You can consult Skrilex if you lack ideas.

For some you need an organized group - for everyone to agree on certain rules for the event to work. But there are many ideas which will work regardless how many trolls will try to spoil the fun.

I remember when Ri the cook (hrs024) announced that he will open all the chests in his castle to public at a specified time... that was the best event I remember. Whole server was there. Maybe now it wouldnt work... people would run around with a script opening chests. Recently KvG brought all the champions to britt gate and announced this fact to the world to provoke a fight... House drop events (organized by SilverTiger, SGT, MB, Jim and many others). Elmo made an event where people had to bring him absolutely random, often ridiculous objects and would get rewards... Eternity hid Baracoon in Despise once and nobody could find it - although the boss was clearly spawned and had to be somewhere around the dungeon.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Scripted U IRL

Post by Scripted U IRL »

Alvin wrote:Players can make events too - simple, but fun. You can consult Skrilex if you lack ideas.

For some you need an organized group - for everyone to agree on certain rules for the event to work. But there are many ideas which will work regardless how many trolls will try to spoil the fun.

I remember when Ri the cook (hrs024) announced that he will open all the chests in his castle to public at a specified time... that was the best event I remember. Whole server was there. Maybe now it wouldnt work... people would run around with a script opening chests. Recently KvG brought all the champions to britt gate and announced this fact to the world to provoke a fight... House drop events (organized by SilverTiger, SGT, MB, Jim and many others). Elmo made an event where people had to bring him absolutely random, often ridiculous objects and would get rewards... Eternity hid Baracoon in Despise once and nobody could find it - although the boss was clearly spawned and had to be somewhere around the dungeon.
I think it would be more realistic for Staff to hold the events and come up with many more such as CTF and many other pvm events. - I don't see any good for a player to hold a event as their would be a cheat within the event hosted by the player.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Sorry to ad another server however its dead anyways so no harm no foul.

On ***** there was a PVP event on a random timer every 2-10 hours or something. Ontop of getting points on your normal dueling record you also had a PVP event score too which showed how many 1st places you got + accumulated points. It was 1 point additive per round. in a 2 round tourney(3 people) you would get 1 point for winning the first round and 2 for the 2nd. For a total of 3 points. with a 5 round tourney if you won you would get 1 point 2 point 3 point 4 point 5 point for a total 15 points. Even if you didn't win the entire tourney you still get points per round you win.

The setup was a no heal no cure pot setup. No mounts, no summons no fields. Pretty much everything else was allowed however it was a no skill cap server which means everyone had healing.

I would say it would probably be best to setup the tournament rules to the same we have on demise currently. If you change to osi casting then look at the rules again to see if anything needs to be changed.

The main thing is its an event that can run autonomously after created and requires no staff intervention or extra time and gives players something to do.

I recommend making all duels in the pits no consume as seeing someone lose due to running out of regs/pots/bandages is not really fun for anyone. If you don't turn on free consume then i recommend having a banker in range of the entire pit and the waiting areas to go into the tournament.

Tournament sign up on ***** was 15 minutes announcment that a pvp even would start and at 5 minutes people could join by typing [pvpevent.

Rewards were white tokens and or a small gold check from 5-15k. White tokens were used to turn in for things like ethies/goldsafes/pet dyetubs and several other things. You could also get white tokens from turning in power scrolls 105-120 and there were bosses in dungeons you could kill as well. The fastest/best way to acquire tokens was obviously threw power scrolls.

The white tokens idea doesn't need to be added a small check like given out at current pvp events is fine but adding a leader board for points would be a good idea i feel.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

I do have a free open 4th account, I can do another house maze if anyone would be interested. I would just need people to donate rewards, because I dont think people would be willing to do a maze just to win 1mill or some random deco.
Discord: Amish#1299