Captchas for Resource-gatherers

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arthrutus

Captchas for Resource-gatherers

Post by Arthrutus »

With the massive amount of bots, are there any plans to implement a captcha targeted towards resource-gatherers? This is probably in the works but it might be good to talk about the type of interaction with the captcha itself. I know some captcha's utilize gold coins, gem, bones, etc to create random partial numbers. The player then must input the correct answer in order to continue mining, lumberjacking, etc. I'm sure this same captcha could be used after the completion of a quest, such as the heartwood quests that give saws and fletcher kits. This would considerably reduce the need of GM intervention in this area. Thoughts?
Ajani

Re: Captchas for Resource-gatherers

Post by Ajani »

No staff do not plan to add any captchas
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
deathviper likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Sure put captcha in there's already scripts to by pass most capcthass in uo
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

They should sell the resources for gold. Captcha's would be solved by easyuo scripts and be a hassle for people that were playing.

Put heartwood kits and resources on vendors for a reasonable price, takes gold out of the economy and puts a dent in some of the afk gathering.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

It'd only affect the technically inept, people like Loler would have methods to defeat it.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

deathviper wrote:They should sell the resources for gold. Captcha's would be solved by easyuo scripts and be a hassle for people that were playing.

Put heartwood kits and resources on vendors for a reasonable price, takes gold out of the economy and puts a dent in some of the afk gathering.
I think the problem with that is it takes out the player selling in a player run economy. Players will have to undercut the vendor just to sell items. This isn't a solo game. It's made for having a player run economy where players have to interact/buy from other players or craft themselves, but with OSI much less crafting for one's self is going on with the 1 account limit.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

The Silvertiger wrote:
deathviper wrote:They should sell the resources for gold. Captcha's would be solved by easyuo scripts and be a hassle for people that were playing.

I think the problem with that is it takes out the player selling in a player run economy. Players will have to undercut the vendor just to sell items. This isn't a solo game. It's made for having a player run economy where players have to interact/buy from other players or craft themselves, but with OSI much less crafting for one's self is going on with the 1 account limit.
I never mentioned selling cheap. For instance players are selling heartwood kits for 750k have vendors sell them for 1kk. You could do the same with ingots, leather, ecu's....

I'm just throwing suggestions out for an old game. The main reason there are afk people gathering items is people don't enjoy the grind.

Demise has never been a absolute clone of osi during the same time period. I think most people wouldn't mind it moving in its own direction to improve gameplay and entertainment.
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

it's not going to fix anything, economy is already destroyed.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

funny how people worrying about the bots when the staff has been driving players away for at least a year now, a good economy is a free economy. this server is like 12 years behind the times and most players have a shit ton of catching up to do to compete with 1/3rd of the population, put your staffing power into better things like a custom dungeon or something... this is not osi style server why we frontin here.
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

2 times a year we get event for items that are still 10 years behind real uo
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

i think having a fixed price economy for resources would take the point out of a large chunk of the game. there would be no price competition, and no reason to farm resources just to sell it, it would just be done to keep for yourself so you dont need to spend x amount to get it from someone else.

as for the captchas, i think it would be an interesting thing, but it would eventually get scripted and then it would just go back to being the same old server.
Discord: Amish#1299
Loler

Post by Loler »

most captchas are already scripted. most captchas can be scripted. just another way to make it harder for the players who play legit good luck with that. haven't seen it work on a server yet.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
deathviper likes this.
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

deathviper wrote: Demise has never been a absolute clone of osi during the same time period. I think most people wouldn't mind it moving in its own direction to improve gameplay and entertainment.
I agree as long as we don't venture into the realm of absurd. Some servers don't even look/feel like uo to me, but yeah resources, kits on vendors wouldn't be bad, as long as they were priced right. I also wouldn't care if they bumped up treasure loot to include a 2 charge barbed kit or something or had something cool drop on a champ spawns corpse. To me it just enhances the current systems. Even some new custom pet for taming I'd be ok with as long as it makes sense.
Lomita

Post by Lomita »

You could give ore elemental 100 colored ore.
That would also enhance the gargoyle pickaxe as a reward.
Or a significant bonus in dungeons.
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Lomita wrote:You could give ore elemental 100 colored ore.
That would also enhance the gargoyle pickaxe as a reward.
Or a significant bonus in dungeons.
What about keep 25 ore currently and add chance for mining gems with chance to drop scaling up based on ore type.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer likes this.