Forget buffing pets...

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Forget buffing pets...

Post by The Silvertiger »

There's actually a system I saw on some website where you could turn in 10 of a certain artifact for a buffed version.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Josh wrote:Reduced timer would be great in order to get factions popping. There’s no incentive other than horses and the penalty outweighs the benefits tbh.
-or add faction Arties bc those are cool too :)
Staff has already stated in the past the faction arties are a no-go because they would, in their own words, "ruin the economy".

I vote for 3 minute stat loss. if you have it too long people will just stay out of factions and use swampies instead.
Where was this stated and who stated it?
I'd have to mine it in the old forums.

Not a good use of my time. :lol:
Lucifall
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote:
Dwn Wth Vwls wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Where was this stated and who stated it?
They also stated that they'd never touch the casting. I remember that comment being made about 2 years ago.
Faction arties would not ruin economy if you followed Morto's idea - turn in regular arty for exchange in faction arty. This way - there's really no different rarity to the item than regular artifacts. As for balanced pvp - if everyone has the opportunity to level up their gear in unison w/ faction arties it shouldn't imbalance the pvp - this just creates opportunities for better gameplay, increases likelihood of players being enticed to join Demise, and aligns a casting adjustment w/ players who don't have end game gear to be more competitive (i.e. more viable competition in the field) instead of 4 or 5 main zergling guilds. You'd see people start to break off into pairs or quad groups instead of 5-15 people trying to stay on one tile while calling closest target - that shits no fun anymore.

Anyway - thanks to Eos and staff for considering casting change. It's not hard to tell there's a buzz among the UO pvp community - people are taking interest. Keep the train running :)
Yeah but that requires some very complicated coding. For now I'd be happy with just shorter faction loss timer (3-5mins) and just using the already available OSI-like faction artifact. Perhaps not even allow the strongest ones, just the basic ones like kasa RBC feys that help a lot of people.

I personally don't care if we have faction arties or no. In the brazilian shard I played before coming back to Demise it was hardly an issue with a much smaller playerbase.
Lucifall
Loler

Post by Loler »

Really need to make it so you have to turn in your own arty for faction arties or everything loses value. Right now if you make it so you have to turn in your artifact for a faction arty only 2 things lose value. Sc-0 hci dci shields and trinket. Although trinket will still hold value for undead slayer all sc-0 shields will lose value. Probably for the better as hci shields no longer spawn.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bdiddy11

Post by Bdiddy11 »

Idk why they took HCI shields out. :(
Vitek- likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

Could anybody do me a favor and show me a link or something so i can see what these faction arties look like.....

Totally clueless on faction thing.but from my understanding,archers/dexxers wont take warhorses as their first option as long as warhorses cant cure itself.
Loler

Post by Loler »

PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Loler wrote:Really need to make it so you have to turn in your own arty for faction arties or everything loses value. Right now if you make it so you have to turn in your artifact for a faction arty only 2 things lose value. Sc-0 hci dci shields and trinket. Although trinket will still hold value for undead slayer all sc-0 shields will lose value. Probably for the better as hci shields no longer spawn.
Pretty sure faction arties could be balanced without destroying the demise economy by either lowering value of doom or exploding value of doom arties. Put a durability on faction items. Make them only work in fel. Make them unable to be repaired. And make them only work for faction members. Have them require silver to purchase and put a faction mob(or change faction mobs to reflect spawn mobs (only in fel) for farming silver, thus encouraging pvp at spawns) and wallah. Normal doom arties keep value for pvm players and people who dont want their stuff breaking. You now have a reason to spawn after you have scrolls (as the arties will break and you will need to replace them) and the economy doesnt go to crap. Also when i say a durability on faction arties im talking like 50/50. Something low that allows them to cycle out within a reasonable amount of time so that you keep the relevance of farming silver and insiting the spontanious pvp.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Make them account/character bound and cursed
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Bama wrote:Make them account/character bound and cursed
I see you to are a woman of siege perilous culture.
Legacy and Bama like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

desalonne wrote:
shhhhh

Put them on a vendor so they can buy them back
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arden

Post by Arden »

Bama wrote:
desalonne wrote:
shhhhh

Put them on a vendor so they can buy them back

Do i know you?! When and who on siege ?
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Speaking of stat loss - what class loose less from stat loose?
And isnt it a mage ? Can it be nerfed by using +skill items? Or it cuts the cap ? For how much ? Or to the line for example 75skill ?

Was like 10 years when i was in faction :)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Arden wrote:Do i know you?! When and who on siege ?
I don’t think we knew each other on SP.

I went to play SP around 2002 Ajani was still in diapers I guess. I stopped playing there when I left osi in 2009. Pretty sure Ajani was out of diapers by that time and taking his Batman lunchbox with him on the school bus.

I played solo there because the people I played with on Atlantic and Baja didn’t want to play there. Once my character was done I played there maybe 3 times a week

Morganna ( I remember about 5 others named that )was my character’s name but I was always in disguise because SP could be a very cruel place.

And for the people here who complain about how hard some skills are to gain..........

...........PFFFFFFFT
Let me introduce you to RoT though there are some benefits to it
http://www.uoguide.com/Rate_Over_Time

Rate over Time (ROT) is the skill gain system used on the Siege Perilous and Mugen shards.

ROT doesn't kick in for a given skill until it reaches 70. Any skills above this range will be subject to the following rules:

Skills between 70.0 to 79.9 can gain 0.1 every 5 minutes (each).
Skills between 80.0 to 89.9 can gain 0.1 every 8 minutes (each).
Skills between 90.0 to 99.9 can gain 0.1 every 12 minutes (each).
Skills between 100.0 to 109.9 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
Skills between 110.0 to 120.0 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
15 Statistics points can be gained per day.
The end of the ROT "day" is 8pm EST/1am GMT.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
medamaude

Post by medamaude »

Bama wrote:
I went to play SP around 2002 Ajani was still in diapers I guess. I stopped playing there when I left osi in 2009. Pretty sure Ajani was out of diapers by that time and taking his Batman lunchbox with him on the school bus.
My Batman shower curtain and I take exception to this.
Bama and The Silvertiger like this.