Proposed PvP Changes

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Legacy

Proposed PvP Changes

Post by Legacy »

Hello players and staff,

I urge everyone, specially staff, to take the time to read and consider what's written here so that we can have some players return playing here instead of migrating.

The purpose of this topic is to gather in a single post the most important changes that the PvP community seems to want with sizeable demand. Please avoid any flaming in this topic and instead discuss this on the Demise PvP discord here: https://discord.gg/7C4xyUf

Stuff that can be done with minimal coding effort:
- Reduction of the faction loss timer from 20 to 5 minutes.
- Accurate faction point decay, as reported by Arden and Bama. Report here: https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 14&t=28665
- Moving Server Wars back to Saturday for better attendancy, as the event basically died after the move.

Things that needs work, but is reliant on new code:
- Leech fix, as reported by Bama.
- Swing timers for archers.
- Pets fix. They can still be used without taming by abusing the invisibility glitch as demonstrated by Llama Vortex.
...- Report here: https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 73#p128873
- Trap box fix, as reported by Epicurus.
- Cure chance changes, as mentioned by Vander Nars.

Stuff that is controversial but is often mentioned:
- Felucca Champion Spawn difficulty. The current speed basically demands having automated bot verification methods to find out where someone is spawning instead of the old "Run and check" style which sparked a lot of PvP.

This list will be updated as time goes.

Stuff that is already done:

Thank you very much, Eos!

- Activating OSI casting Felucca-wide. Trammel can stay as is so PvMers aren't affected. Done
Last edited by Legacy on April 5th, 2019, 10:40 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Lucifall
Bad Religion

Re: Proposed PvP Changes

Post by Bad Religion »

I am Ajani and I approve this message.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

I alter ego approve of the current changes so far and gladly back further changes to making demise a better and more skilled shard.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

The trap box proposal makes paralyze / paralyze field / paralyzing blow completely useless in all aspects, I don’t support that change.

Pets were already hotfixed again, they now require taming/lore and the ‘All Follow’ command in order to get them to follow you again. People are soul stoning taming skills on, commanding their pets and then swapping skills again in order to get their pets to follow them, which from my understanding is OSI accurate.

Again, as far as I’m aware the champion spawns are OSI accurate. (Thanks Opywang).
I seem to have no problem stumbling upon people spawning either. You may just have bad timing, currently I see CHN & Hz (Turks) spawning the most lately which isn’t in your (Loop’s) normal playtime.

I’m otherwise in favor of everything else posted here, as many others are as well. The staff are aware of the changes we’d like to see and I don’t think creating another Discord server is going to get any further points across and it will likely end up another channel avenue for KvG to harass players and bad mouth the shard/staff.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Anthony File wrote:The trap box proposal makes paralyze / paralyze field / paralyzing blow completely useless in all aspects, I don’t support that change.
Go ahead and try to trap box urself thru about 4 or 5 para fields and see how that goes, long story short u gonna die from us attacking you and the 40-60 damage you took from popping that box repeatedly.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I like trap boxes with infinite charges and low damage like it was on osi. It doesn't actually ruin para fields it does make para on the open field pretty weak though.

Haven't tested the pet bug since the changes don't know if they are fixed.

I'm pretty sure the spawns aren't accurate to ML but I can't find documentation to support me. The range reduction is proper. The total spawn you have to kill is to little though. I also think if the spawn doesn't count towards your progress it shouldn't count against total monster that can spawn. Currently when you hit a new level you have to clear the spawn from the level before before new mobs spawn on the next tier. When the next tier goes up it should spawn the maximum monsters it can spawn for the next tier. even before you kill the previous tier.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Les Stroud, Legacy and Josh like this.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Make fields and teleport osi_like.

Up AI monster osi_like.

Ajust craft nerf (new player need craft good things too without 600 bots farming hw, bods, resources)
DG

Post by DG »

Make OSI casting fel wide asap.Imo,OSI casting is overall good for the shard.https://uogdemise.com/community/viewtop ... 2&start=15

At the same time,don't forget about pvm things.Pvm is an important pillar of shard prosperity.
Legacy and Josh like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Anthony File wrote:I don’t think creating another Discord server is going to get any further points across
It's not a new discord. It's the same one Alter(?) created when mb shutdown the pvp channel of the staff administered and formerly owned discord. The idea is for people to give constructive criticism and good debate or go spew trash on the discord.
Loler wrote:I'm pretty sure the spawns aren't accurate to ML but I can't find documentation to support me. The range reduction is proper. The total spawn you have to kill is to little though. I also think if the spawn doesn't count towards your progress it shouldn't count against total monster that can spawn. Currently when you hit a new level you have to clear the spawn from the level before before new mobs spawn on the next tier. When the next tier goes up it should spawn the maximum monsters it can spawn for the next tier. even before you kill the previous tier.
From my spawning experiences, it seems I am gaining progress with the old tier even though Eos said I shouldn't.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

You definitely aren't gaining progress with lower tier spawn. It does make more monsters spawn though when you kill off lower tier mobs more of the current tier mobs will spawn.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
joaodasneves

Post by joaodasneves »

lets make demise great again , come BACK MB
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote:The trap box proposal makes paralyze / paralyze field / paralyzing blow completely useless in all aspects, I don’t support that change.
Parablow is already either auto-weakened or auto-trap boxed, meaning the para part normally doesn’t matter the question is why should paralyze blow get a free unpredictable 15-55 damage bonus (assuming you use the pouch)?
On pest, they had 20 damage trap pouches, parablow was still used and useful and we auto trapped pretty much everything.

Parablow isn’t going to be useless, it just won’t be an auto-kill. And it’s pretty much useless now considering the miniheal teammate script.

Fixing boxes, opens up more field templates, parafields will still matter, and takes away parablow being the end-all-be-all of specials (outside mortal) and makes other specials more appealing.

Pvp is too one-dimensional on this server, let’s add some diversity!

Edit: pets, what brunus is referring to is an unintended thing which someone needs to check on osi that staff didn’t remedy yet.
Legacy likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Yeah, but it's OSI-like. We want balanced or OSI-clone/OSI-like? That's the real question that needs to be asked. If we go strictly OSI, then a LOT needs fixing, specially things many don't like. Afaik, we are OSI-like ("Like OSI, but better"), hence pointing out some flaws, some things that need improvement and some things that (some) people want changed. For now, it's what's more of a consistent demand.

For me, I simply prefer balanced OSI-like, not OSI-clone.
Anthony File wrote:Pets were already hotfixed again, they now require taming/lore and the ‘All Follow’ command in order to get them to follow you again. People are soul stoning taming skills on, commanding their pets and then swapping skills again in order to get their pets to follow them, which from my understanding is OSI accurate.
You can attack your pet, it will follow you. Once you mount it up and hide for a bit (about 20 seconds), it will follow you automatically as it defaults to the all follow command. No soul stone involved.
Anthony File wrote:Again, as far as I’m aware the champion spawns are OSI accurate. (Thanks Opywang).
I am aware it's OSI accurate. But if you are gonna claim OSI-accurate, then you can't be against fixed trap boxes. Hence the need for discussion.
Anthony File wrote:I seem to have no problem stumbling upon people spawning either. You may just have bad timing, currently I see CHN & Hz (Turks) spawning the most lately which isn’t in your (Loop’s) normal playtime.
Or you are lucky. Who knows!

Was much easier to find and spark pvp before, tho. It was one of the things me and MB discussed a bit when I came back and we agreed on how it was better before for the purposes of PvP.
I’m otherwise in favor of everything else posted here, as many others are as well. The staff are aware of the changes we’d like to see and I don’t think creating another Discord server is going to get any further points across and it will likely end up another channel avenue for KvG to harass players and bad mouth the shard/staff.
The Discord was created by GM John before his leave from staff, after he deleted the PvP section from the official Demise one. He promptly quit afterwards it. We didn't really create anything. :beathorse:

And I am not sure if staff is aware of what we want. There are conflicting points of view everywhere (your very post is a good example of this). There's very little communication besides Eos occasionally posting updates.
Loler wrote:I'm pretty sure the spawns aren't accurate to ML but I can't find documentation to support me. The range reduction is proper. The total spawn you have to kill is to little though. I also think if the spawn doesn't count towards your progress it shouldn't count against total monster that can spawn. Currently when you hit a new level you have to clear the spawn from the level before before new mobs spawn on the next tier. When the next tier goes up it should spawn the maximum monsters it can spawn for the next tier. even before you kill the previous tier.
Yeah the range is correct. Speed I don't remember it being as fast as this. It was faster than before but not I don't remember it being this fast. OSI has no real official documentation on this tho, so we either have to hit the TC and test as a group and see or just slow it down until we see somewhat of a balance.
Last edited by Legacy on March 22nd, 2019, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucifall
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Anthony File wrote:I’m otherwise in favor of everything else posted here, as many others are as well. The staff are aware of the changes we’d like to see and I don’t think creating another Discord server is going to get any further points across and it will likely end up another channel avenue for KvG to harass players and bad mouth the shard/staff.
I like how file implies only kvg harasses players, yet its almost always an hz player that making comments to me about weight or burgers. Very few loop/msby/Chn/1410/Req make these comments but plenty of HZ do.
Last edited by Vander Nars on March 22nd, 2019, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

joaodasneves wrote:lets make demise great again , come BACK MB
Had the history's spring bends had a different drawing
today we would be rehabilitating Stalin.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
royal kapero2 likes this.