Mortal change people are requesting

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
royal kapero2

Re: Mortal change people are requesting

Post by royal kapero2 »

Loler is right. Mortal works as intended.. Also cu sidhes are working correctly like on OSI, unless you have different information.

Edit: also before the pet change, it was possible to set a cu sidhe on guard, he would lose a command If you died, or If you stabled it. Now it loses all commands. The guard command is a clue that pets are fixed 100% now, and it's possible to give them all follow me command but it may lose it, if you die or stable it.
Ajani likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:Also as I am for removing some of the previous changes as long as they are in line with our timeline. Removing the apple timer and instead making them being linked to hunger. then you can use a few apples back to back but then you will be locked out for multiple minutes instead of a solid 2 minute cool down.

Also for removing tactics requirement for specials. Allowing sticky specials when casting. and removing the requirement to have hiding and stealth for deathstrike to do maximum damage.
One is a question of balance, what you describe is a question "this is what i want." There's a difference. Neither proposals are at the timeline mark but the mortal request is a question about balance. Explosion pots were able to hit people while running until SA, doesn't mean they'd be balanced or it's a good idea.

Allowing 120 ninja = 40 or 50 damage deathstrikes is dumb (most of my templates would have ninja if this were the change implemented).
Sticky specials are dumb and take 0 skill, fuck those, they're trash. it'll literally become like pest except way worse (hold explo, run up parablow, drop, but then we have 50 damage trap pouches).
Removing tactics is retarded too, makes book mages virtually useless.
Last edited by Josh on March 31st, 2019, 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Loler wrote:There was never a DR for mortal during ML. Mortal functions now like it did on OSI during ML.

If casting is changed you won't be able to teleport faster then someone can run. And you could ride cusidhes on OSI without taming.

Hell during zerg days I remember certain people grabbing greater dragons on guard soul stoning off taming/lore and using them at grinders. that was atrocious. walking into a 50 man grinder vs 10-20 greater dragons and being the first person to wither == instant death.
I thought about doing that on this server, but people would just kill each other with the crossheal script when they go to clumsy someone through fields.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Josh wrote:
Loler wrote:Also as I am for removing some of the previous changes as long as they are in line with our timeline. Removing the apple timer and instead making them being linked to hunger. then you can use a few apples back to back but then you will be locked out for multiple minutes instead of a solid 2 minute cool down.

Also for removing tactics requirement for specials. Allowing sticky specials when casting. and removing the requirement to have hiding and stealth for deathstrike to do maximum damage.
One is a question of balance, what you describe is a question "this is what i want." There's a difference. Neither proposals are at the timeline mark but the mortal request is a question about balance. Explosion pots were able to hit people while running until SA, doesn't mean they'd be balanced or it's a good idea.

Allowing 120 ninja = 40 or 50 damage deathstrikes is dumb (most of my templates would have ninja if this were the change implemented).
Sticky specials are dumb and take 0 skill, fuck those, they're trash. it'll literally become like pest except way worse (hold explo, run up parablow, drop, but then we have 50 damage trap pouches).
The difference between what i posted and the Mortal change is. All of my changes fall within the timeline of ML. They are pre publish 46 all changes were made during publish 46. I do not go past cut off for the changes i was requesting. And the explode pots heat seaking was a bug which they say they remove things they deem bugs which is why we don't have perma trap boxes that do 4-8 damage even though they are still on osi and used to this day.

I really don't see much of a difference for people holding specials and dropping spells with auto special scripts on. Not really that much of a skill difference. The biggest issue i have with this is chiv/bushido spells drop specials as well so it hurts pvm more then pvp. If they made it so only spells that made you freeze make your specials untoggle I'd be happy with that change as well
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The difference is your proposal isn't balanced. Neither fit the timeline. Also, the idea is OSI but better (according to eos i think), which arguably mortal nerf could be the but better option.

Regardless they're dumb changes. They don't promote balance at all, which should be the focus of changes. Yes and bugs are considered bugs bc they're unintended and generally are considered op.

Also the skill difference is pretty big, instead of holding down your fb/ma macro and just waiting for a swing with mortal proc'd and having to time swings is pretty drastic. Also, the difference between explo para blow ebolt is you have to drop ur spell when u miss which gives the opponent the more ground to run, instead of just running full speed with a bone harvy swinging. It's dumb.

As for pvm, you're just bitching to bitch at that point.

edit: also if this isn't a testament to how broken mortal is, they nerfed it in an era that has way better versions of healing (cleanse winds, healing stone, hpr pots, etc.)
pimpinez

Post by pimpinez »

See you at Starbucks plebs
Josh likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Loler wrote:
Josh wrote:

The difference between what i posted and the Mortal change is. All of my changes fall within the timeline of ML. They are pre publish 46 all changes were made during publish 46. I do not go past cut off for the changes i was requesting. And the explode pots heat seaking was a bug which they say they remove things they deem bugs which is why we don't have perma trap boxes that do 4-8 damage even though they are still on osi and used to this day.

I really don't see much of a difference for people holding specials and dropping spells with auto special scripts on. Not really that much of a skill difference. The biggest issue i have with this is chiv/bushido spells drop specials as well so it hurts pvm more then pvp. If they made it so only spells that made you freeze make your specials untoggle I'd be happy with that change as well
The difference is a lot of people dont want to play using scripts to do everything for us as the game actually was during this era. The problem is we now have to balance the game around the availability of such scripts which means having mechanics that arent 100% era accurate for the sake of balance.
Maloskies, Les Stroud and Josh like this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Pets will remain same, it's 100% correct..
Mortal is an arguable thing, but it's not that OP.. There are many counters, although spirit speak is bugged and should be buffed, remove curse works. Apples.. People forget about talismans..
OSI casting is the only thing I am not certain If it comes. If it comes, mortal strike won't be the only OP thing, but bleed attack is OP too..Armor ignore spam.. Mortal shouldn't be the problem, If the team has a support character.. Same, you can crossheal if someone is bleeded.. Thats why sync dropping matters.

I know many people want to balance the server, but in my opinion we should stick to OSI correctness, otherwise we make a custom server because subjective perspective is involved..
Last edited by royal kapero2 on March 31st, 2019, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

royal kapero2 wrote: People forget about talismans..
I didnt :] (but shhhh dont tell people!!!)
Loler

Post by Loler »

Actually the sticky specials for me has always been about the pvm aspect more then the pvp aspect. A lot of my requested changes are pvm oriented. as it stands with queued targets and scripts you can special all the same minus comboing a special while holding explode or efield wait for para. because you are swinging while casting the spell and as long as your spells are queued to auto go off u can queued ur special to toggle on 100% of the time.

Like i said it affects pvm more then it does pvp because u can swing while casting chiv/bushido spells.

Pot kettle black though talking about people bitching to bitch.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote: Pot kettle black though talking about people bitching to bitch.
No I don’t bitch just to bitch, everything I complain about has reasons why the changes will benefit the server and isn’t just based on a preference or I’m just calling people trash for scripting.

In contrast you’re bitching your script doesn’t use a special sometimes when you use a spell in pvm (pvm isn’t that hard).

The changes you describe are dumb and have little benefit and I think would be more harmful than good in pvp atleast.

The publish you want has a ton of broken things in it outside of sticky specials, and sticky specials are dumb and broken, you played pest, pvp on there was dumb bc of it, the only saving grace was 20 damage pouches so you could pouch immediately.

#MakePVMEasyAgain LOL

Edit: tbf I like your monsters run away change post
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Josh wrote:
No I don’t bitch just to bitch, everything I complain about has reasons why the changes will benefit the server and isn’t just based on a preference or I’m just calling people trash for scripting.

In contrast you’re bitching your script doesn’t use a special sometimes when you use a spell in pvm (pvm isn’t that hard).

The changes you describe are dumb and have little benefit and I think would be more harmful than good in pvp atleast.

The publish you want has a ton of broken things in it outside of sticky specials, and sticky specials are dumb and broken, you played pest, pvp on there was dumb bc of it, the only saving grace was 20 damage pouches so you could pouch immediately.

#MakePVMEasyAgain LOL

I think you enjoy bitching or you would not have done it non stop for 2+ years
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:
Josh wrote:

#MakePVMEasyAgain LOL

“Does this child look like a girl?”
Ajani likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Nah I don’t enjoy bitching, just didn’t ever get a response so I didn’t stop. I’m persistent that’s for sure.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Josh wrote:
Ajani wrote:
Josh wrote: No I don’t bitch just to bitch, everything I complain about has reasons why the changes will benefit the server and isn’t just based on a preference or I’m just calling people trash for scripting.

#MakePVMEasyAgain LOL

“Does this child look like a girl?”
that is a weird comment
Last edited by Ajani on April 1st, 2019, 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit