Elf vs Human - Sampires

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
gonthrax

Re: Elf vs Human - Sampires

Post by gonthrax »

Loler wrote:20 mana 5 extra energy max.

cons. lose jack of all trades. if you dont have 300 points in Weaponskill/Bushido/Parry/Stealth/Ninja/Lumberjacking/Poisoning then your specials will cost 5-10 more base mana.

lose 20 med if your suit is medable most arent using banes, lose 20 focus for mana regen.

cant detect in doom. thus if you are spawning with parry/bushido/wep in vamp form playing elf is better.

its so easy on this server to just make both types a human and an elf and use whichever is best for any situation.
Yea I'm tracking now. I wasn't thinking about weapon special mana reduction. I didn't get the "if you have parry" bit but I'm tracking now.

I guess my reasoning for being human is one that most folks here don't face. I have 700 skill cap and no soulstones so I can't move things around or fit in 20 SS for curse without loosing more resist then I'd like.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

OP wants to build his first "True" sampire.
Wraith form, spellweaving, whammy, curse weapon - all that are examples of "weak sampire noob". :mrgreen:
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Loler

Post by Loler »

A true sampire knows there is no one best template for every situation, be versatile and gear/skill towards what you plan on fighting.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

What is Best skill choice for bedlam? I talk with Someone who dont use parry so what skill is better than parry?
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Tanya wrote:OP wants to build his first "True" sampire.
Wraith form, spellweaving, whammy, curse weapon - all that are examples of "weak sampire noob". :mrgreen:
Hey! :x
Tanya likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

gonthrax wrote:
Tanya wrote:OP wants to build his first "True" sampire.
Hey! :x
LOL that was a joke, but Lorer is 100% correct.
Loler wrote:A true sampire knows there is no one best template for every situation, be versatile and gear/skill towards what you plan on fighting.
Peerless Hunter
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

BannerBruce wrote:What is Best skill choice for bedlam? I talk with Someone who dont use parry so what skill is better than parry?
He was probably using lumberjacking instead of parry... in bedlam is very hard to survive without parry if you are trying to solo it...
Can try 1-handed weapon and shield, get to max 45 dci but then will be too low damage.
Also parry in a combination with bushido gives you more counterattacks...
Peerless Hunter
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

I know that. He cant use lumber bcs is not make sense with no axe... He use radiant ooo
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

BannerBruce wrote:I know that. He cant use lumber bcs is not make sense with no axe... He use radiant ooo
Then he has probably anatomy + resist?
But I am doing something else, I drop resist to 0 and take anatomy + parry.
Peerless Hunter
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

weak sampire is sampire with black /quater staff:D

2h axe and pew pew! :)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

I change my skills resist anat via soulstones and dont Take off parry
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Why is the Hulk on demise?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

So I have 2 sampires 1 elf 1 human, my main... Having the extra 20 mana is very nice, but since I multiclient a lot having the human hide is so useful... I actually just converted a mage to human just for the human hide. Going back to the doom issue, if you don't plan on going to doom alone, ever!, elf is probably the best choice unless your Babylonian king is going to afk in crazy places... Now if you create a wammy... 100% human... sampire depends on the situation...

So let me break it down:

Elf: 20 mana, 5 energy resist, looks cool, get to wear the cheap version of ml arty's, and get to wear certain armors humans don't.

Human: human hide, can carry more gold, 6 sec cw w/o ss, track/detect(probably wouldn't matter if elven perception worked better,) 2 mr, 1 sr, idk what the hpr is but there's one unless it's broken, can tame your own horse, wraith form(aka wammy,) gift of renewal, and can cast protection/reactivearmor/tele from scroll.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
gonthrax likes this.