Elf vs Human - Sampires

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tempest

Elf vs Human - Sampires

Post by Tempest »

Need to hear some opinions since i'm building my first "True" sampire.

let's hear the opinions from all you samp experts.. :D
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Shallan

Re: Elf vs Human - Sampires

Post by Shallan »

depends vamp or wraith.
With Vamp u want be human to LL from 20 ss from human pasive
with Wraith u can be elf for more mana :)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Tempest likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

make both. elfs rule the spawns if you are using bushido parry and wep skill.

humans win if you arent using parry as well or are doing gaunt.

for wampire you need 20 necro to stay in wraith form so elfs you have to burn an extra 20 skills if you want to stay wraith.

also you dont need 20 spiritspeak for vamp to gain any more LL bonus. you only get the 6 second duration of curse weapon with it, as elf you get 1 second so 100% pointless to cast as elf in vamp.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Tanya and Lead44 like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... f=10&t=312

II. Creating your Sampire

A question I receive a lot is the infamous "Elf vs Human" debate.
Feersum played an elf sampire, I play a human. Both have strong attributes and I will discuss them here and later on in the gear section.
Elfs have a few more gear choices over humans, nothing too strong besides Fey Leggings but the innate +20 mana seems pretty cool. This would give you 30 base mana versus the 10 that humans have. When it comes to building your suit this makes it a LOT easier, let me tell you. I honestly believe that Elfs make a better sampire if your only intention is to champ spawn. However if you try to go solo doom, you may find yourself locked into the 4th room because you cannot track and detect via Jack of All Trades. That is why I prefer human over elf. But being an elf isn't too bad as a sampire, either.

10/12/16 Update - Another overlooked bonus of Human is "Strong Back" for carry weight, as well as clutch Curse Weapon. With 0 Spirit Speak as a Human you still get 6 seconds Curse Weapon, and that to me is a huge lifesaver. I almost considered changing from Human to Elf, but Curse Weapon, Strong Back, and Tracking + Detect were enough to make me stay human, and I am wearing a luck suit with absolutely 0 Mana Increase...

Update 9/18/13 Male vs Female:
Not a huge difference in this but I was asked about it and realized I didn't cover it in the guide. Female armor is no different than male armor unless you like the look but most armor is crafted for males and females to wear. Violet Courage seems better to me than Heart of the Lion so that is why I picked female for my sampire. Also Being a female at Semidar is a lot more tolerable than being a male, here is the tooltip from UOGuide on Semidar:

Semidar has the area effect of a normal succubus. However, this area effect does much more damage to male characters than female characters. It is not uncommon to be killed immediately by the area effect. Male characters are advised to either polymorph into a female, or take on the necromatic Wraith Form. Doing so will eliminate a certain amount of damage dealt to male
characters.

***She also does double damage reflect to male characters who attack her with direct damage, again unless they are polymorphed into a female.***

Hopefully this answers any questions pertaining to the differences to Male vs Female as far as picking your gender for your sampire because other than what I mentioned there is virtually no difference between genders for this class.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Agree with Loler, better to have both. Now I am making my second samp as elf.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Loler wrote:make both. elfs rule the spawns if you are using bushido parry and wep skill.

humans win if you arent using parry as well or are doing gaunt.
Can you expound on this? Why are they better in those situations?

I personally prefer human for curse weapon. If you're doing anything serious I feel like you're going to want curse weapon to recover from a bad situation.
Lead44

Post by Lead44 »

Jus go human sampire... Easier for all around situations.. But you have to have the suit and weapons to support the charc..
Tanya likes this.
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

I played as human for years , switched to elf and I will never play human again
BannerBruce likes this.
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

What's pros have elf ? Only mana?
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Les Stroud wrote:I played as human for years , switched to elf and I will never play human again
why?
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Loler

Post by Loler »

20 mana 5 extra energy max.

cons. lose jack of all trades. if you dont have 300 points in Weaponskill/Bushido/Parry/Stealth/Ninja/Lumberjacking/Poisoning then your specials will cost 5-10 more base mana.

lose 20 med if your suit is medable most arent using banes, lose 20 focus for mana regen.

cant detect in doom. thus if you are spawning with parry/bushido/wep in vamp form playing elf is better.

its so easy on this server to just make both types a human and an elf and use whichever is best for any situation.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Woo

Post by Woo »

if u want play whammy - human is better option
if u want play sampire - u better choice elf :)
Loler

Post by Loler »

elf is still better for wammy depending on what you are doing. you just need to throw 20 skill into necro as well.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
kobra

Post by kobra »

human to farm gold, jewelry because human can carry more stones
everything else elf
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Elf female, with Spellweaving :)
4/6 wraith with slayer is op.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.