A thread not about casting

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: A thread not about casting

Post by The Silvertiger »

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:That sounds buggy to me. Listen to yourself:
holding a button down 2/5 is better than 2/6

You're supposed to recover faster on 2/6 whether timed right or not. I guess as Eos stated before implementing it to Occlo the overcast is buggy. If I were Eos and holding to the accurate without bugs, I would implement it without the overcast, but aren't you glad I'm not Eos even though you and your friends address us about the same.
I'm aware it sounds buggy, I am just pointing out the observations from testing, it's really not a matter up for debate so I dont get why you're arguing. Watch the video, 500 ms 2/6 > 2/5. If you watch eos's gif with 0ms delay 2/5 > 2/6. But timed correctly 2/6 > 2/5, that's how osi works and not how demise works currently (based on the video), and that is one thing that needs to be adjusted and I believe it's because the overcast feature is off, Morto pointed out at the beginning that the "random delay" they had implemented he didn't think was correct, maybe he was right, the video supports his hypothesis at least.
I thought there were some other issues as well, with certain spells casting to fast and recovering incorrectly. I will finally break down and do some casting tests, but you know I'm kinda thorough, so it'll take awhile.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:That sounds buggy to me. Listen to yourself:
holding a button down 2/5 is better than 2/6

You're supposed to recover faster on 2/6 whether timed right or not. I guess as Eos stated before implementing it to Occlo the overcast is buggy. If I were Eos and holding to the accurate without bugs, I would implement it without the overcast, but aren't you glad I'm not Eos even though you and your friends address us about the same.
I'm aware it sounds buggy, I am just pointing out the observations from testing, it's really not a matter up for debate so I dont get why you're arguing. Watch the video, 500 ms 2/6 > 2/5. If you watch eos's gif with 0ms delay 2/5 > 2/6. But timed correctly 2/6 > 2/5, that's how osi works and not how demise works currently (based on the video), and that is one thing that needs to be adjusted and I believe it's because the overcast feature is off, Morto pointed out at the beginning that the "random delay" they had implemented he didn't think was correct, maybe he was right, the video supports his hypothesis at least.
I thought there were some other issues as well, with certain spells casting to fast and recovering incorrectly. I will finally break down and do some casting tests, but you know I'm kinda thorough, so it'll take awhile.
i think the only thing i've seen is maybe the ma/fb missile speeds are off.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Talking about casting is so 2008. Seriously we've been talking about this for years can we come to an agreement or something.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
The Silvertiger

Mr Straitions wrote:Talking about casting is so 2008. Seriously we've been talking about this for years can we come to an agreement or something.
Either way OSI or not we need to fix some things or at least verify.
Each spell casts at the right speed
Damages are correct.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

The Silvertiger wrote:I will finally break down and do some casting tests, but you know I'm kinda thorough, so it'll take awhile.
I guess I won't. I keep having some sort of synchronization error and it's DCing me.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:I will finally break down and do some casting tests, but you know I'm kinda thorough, so it'll take awhile.
I guess I won't. I keep having some sort of synchronization error and it's DCing me.
You can't connect? u have to have remove encryption and encryption required selected to join osi (if thats the problem)
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
You can't connect? u have to have remove encryption and encryption required selected to join osi (if thats the problem)
I connect fine, but it keeps DCing and when I try relogging it says something about "client and world are desynchronized. Please restart your client and try again."
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

I've stated problems with the casting. I've been ignored on all but the delay spell timing and even there they ignored the issue and did testing which showed "random" damage intervals even though i can go 100 for 100 casting magic arrow then trying to cast gheal on osi and get the cursor. But i can go 100 for 100 failing on demise. I showed a clip of both not the full 100 out of 100 cause its literally identical results every time.

The "tests" they are doing have human error in them either related to ping or something else which makes sense of constantly getting a variance of 250 ms on several different tests they've done throughout the years on osi.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh and The Silvertiger like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Shit results ....

Shit in shit out
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Seems like we’re going to lose OSI casting to a 14 year old with a mass amount of spam accounts?..
The Silvertiger and Alvin like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote:Seems like we’re going to lose OSI casting to a 14 year old with a mass amount of spam accounts?..
Lol, hey man ajani/polu win again!
Shallan and Alvin like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Anthony File wrote:Seems like we’re going to lose OSI casting to a 14 year old with a mass amount of spam accounts?..
Everyone knows this except the people running the poll
Josh likes this.
Duque

Post by Duque »

crying again......the server is more than the 10 forum active members with an endless complaining claim (i know more demise players that don't like OSI casting than OSI fans)......that supposed accusation could be used for OSI fanboys too....but i think it's more like bad loser stuff.
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Duque wrote:crying again......the server is more than the 10 forum active members with an endless complaining claim (i know more demise players that don't like OSI casting than OSI fans)......that supposed accusation could be used for OSI fanboys too....but i think it's more like bad loser stuff.
And i know more people in favor of the OSI casting than the Demise one hehe. You, with all due respect, might be one of the very few people i know who actively play (and played) the server and support the old casting.

I dare to say that the people who want to keep the OSI casting are people who actually play UODemise, while the other side are the people who pretend to have quitted because of the change (sorry but thats bullcrap), people who log in only to run some macros, people who play some other game/server whole week just to log in with other 30 people like them to gang normal players on an event/raid for 5 minutes and then log out.

So far the people 'crying' were the ones badly refusing to make progress and learn how to play with the new casting. And literally non of them made any serious arguments why should the Demise casting be brought back... Except for maybe Kobra, who seems to have a simple, but valid, reason why he votes for it - 'he wants to cast faster on spawns'.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
The Silvertiger

Alvin wrote:"he wants to cast faster on spawns'.
I actually voted no due this. To quote myself "I'm a lazy spawner." Love it for dueling, but can't stand it for spawning. May have voted yes, if I were in a pvp guild not getting ganked by every guild on the server playing together.
Selling List & Vendor

Bad Religion and Duque like this.