A thread not about casting

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

A thread not about casting

Post by The Silvertiger »

Eos wrote:The following change has been made, effective immediately at the time of posting:
  • OSI casting has been enabled in all of Felucca.
Eos wrote:Listing suggestions and/or issues you experience while playing is always welcomed. Thank you for your feedback.

The way you are posting them, however, is unhelpful and rude. If you want to begin an actual discussion, please try again. ;)
Hi, I hope this doesn't come across as unhelpful or rude, but could you please fix recovery? 5 is apparently faster than 6.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on June 9th, 2019, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Re: A thread not about casting

Post by Vander Nars »

2/5 is not faster, its recovery just works unlike 2/6s weird delay they decided to add.
Eos likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

She just needs to take her time, maybe do a little more research on how casting functions and fix casting fully, because if she keeps doing hotfixes it’s gonna create new problems and it’ll feel like a never ending cycle.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote:2/5 is not faster, its recovery just works unlike 2/6s weird delay they decided to add.
Is that better?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Technically, 2/5 and 2/6 are just as fast in OSI casting mode. While 2/5 has a 0.25 second cast recovery delay, 2/6 triggers the overcasting mechanic (i.e. broken spell) if a spell is cast faster than 0.25 seconds after the last one. In theory, they both incur a 0.25 second cast recovery delay. Though, in practice, you will start overcasting if you're not overly careful with 2/6 which will require you to re-cast and lose a lot of time. In that sense, it is indeed slower, and 2/5 is much more convenient to use.

After testing this on OSI we concluded it is in accordance with OSI casting. There is no additional overcasting time for 2/5 casting, thus 2/5 being more convenient (or "faster") than 2/6 is accurate to the casting being emulated.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

royal kapero2 likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Should there be a penalty for an interuption?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yeah this casting isn’t osi-like. Do more tests. Try using an osi server to test on this time.
Grifo likes this.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Josh wrote:Yeah this casting isn’t osi-like. Do more tests. Try using an osi server to test on this time.
In reference to your earlier post, your behavior on Demise is exactly what happens on OSI if you spam the spell. Have you tried it on OSI to compare?

Edit:
Image Image

(Macro used: "miniheal self", holding down the button. Recorded on OSI Test Center 1.)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eos wrote:
Josh wrote:Yeah this casting isn’t osi-like. Do more tests. Try using an osi server to test on this time.
In reference to your earlier post, your behavior on Demise is exactly what happens on OSI if you spam the spell. Have you tried it on OSI to compare?

Edit:
Image Image

(Macro used: "miniheal self", holding down the button. Recorded on OSI Test Center 1.)
Just did, I'm pretty sure the osi casting in general is slower than demise casting. But yall are right, 2/5 is better than 2/6 when spamming the key, the real question is it better when timed properly, on demise it is, on osi I dont believe it is. I cant get 2/5 though, had to test 1/5.

edit: found a helm of swiftness, resuming tests
Josh

Post by Josh »

I think your 2/5 is very close to accurate, I think the 2/6 is slightly inaccurate.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Hahahahahahahahahaahhahaahah

Hahahahahaha

Sorry ... one sec

Hahahahahah
Bad Religion and Josh like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eos wrote:

Edit:
Image Image

So, I did some testing as you requested. I use the same macro on each server (not the miniheal self macro), different results occur. I believe your 2/6 is incorrect, I think the overcast penalty is too much compared to actual osi.
I did pause 500 because it was the lowest to cast without saying "you're already casting a spell" consistently, although I think it bugs out at some point during the video (maybe due to lag, not sure).

Here's a side-by-side comparison

edit: it looks like the demise one overcasts some and eats up a few heals.

idk, come to whatever conclusions you want about the video, but it seems the way the overcasting penalty functions on demise is different than how it works on osi.

like, comment and subscribe if you wanna see videos similar to this one.
The Silvertiger

Much love Eos!

Nice bug find Jose! Can you report it to OSI?
Selling List & Vendor