Voting results ..

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Voting results ..

Post by The Silvertiger »

I also find the 400 ingame votes to be interesting. We have always understood that 300+- ingame logins to be 4x active players give or take 20ish, but apparently we were wrong or their filtering process was/is incorrect. I don't really care about the vote. I just want balance even if that means I can no longer play a pure or necro mage solo because of lack of skill.

The question is how far are they willing to go to balance it? As much as I hate to nerf it, a mana leech fix will go a long way. Do they want to continue OSI accurate pets in regards to ride ability without control chance? Do they want to nerf paralyze[Does it bring balance?] These are the real questions they need to ask themselves in regards to pvp balance.

When I see other games continually tweaking their code for pvp, even with a 5-10%, or maybe even less, pvp player base[PoE], it really tells you how important balance is. Balance should be the focus not popular opinion. The old casting just wasn't balanced.

Another thing we need to focus on is content. As I was running around fel last night, it dawned on me: at this point there's no reason to go to fel at all. Replicas drop in tram rulesets. You can pick up PS's off the Luna floor, or buy them. There's not any content that is solely spawned in fel that anyone cares to farm. The server needs new content. I'm fairly certain that noone would be upset with balanced custom content. Some rewards for this content include account bound cosmetics including being able to set sashes to be visible over robes, give shrouds a lower hood option, and spawn robes and shrouds in the opposite option of robe and shroud [example: ari as a robe, conjurers as a shroud.]
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Josh wrote:Yea ban proxies.
There were a lot of votes but both sides obviously had fake votes.
Also, it was serverwide not fel. And people logged in to vote, who arent playing rn.

The poll in general was a bad idea, they should balance pvp that should be the priority, not based on popular opinion unless popular opinion is overwhelming.
I'm aware it was account wide and not fel. You're missing the point. Typical KVG not reading to comprehend; just reading to reply. Anyway. My point if it wasn't clear enough already was that so many people voted yet no one plays.

The poll was fine. Staff at least is giving the impression that they're listen to the population. Which i didn't think was always the case since this whole mess was started by a handful of whiny bitches. I digress.

I also want to point out this hilarious little tid bit:
Arden and Vander literally said hundreds of players would come to Demise from OSI if Demise staff fixed the casting. lol.
First off, I comprehended your statement dumb fuck. Don’t give me this “typical kvg” shit like I don’t read or comprehend your retardation, don’t worry I completely understand what you’re saying, it’s just retarded. My response was “people who aren’t playing rn came back and voted” meaning yeah there aren’t people playing but they still voted. I said the poll was dumb because people got pissed off about it being optional so they stopped playing. Let me simplify it: people quit Bc the poll = uncertainty but those same people voted because they want OSI Casting.
doing a poll is retarded, the discussion to improve pvp should be focused around balance not focused around shitty players like you who only use scripts to play, scripts are cheating, they’re trash and should not be allowed Honestly, but they allow them so they need to create balance between non-automated casting and automated casting (aka scripter vs non Scripter). But you’re too baby-brained to understand the concept of balance.
Quote Vander and Arden if they said that. I don’t remember it, I never claimed it.
The time I thought a lot of people would come was around 2017 when QA, SAS came over, Bc a lot of the osi dudes were looking for an OSI Casting server like paith, aekyo, randy, bane, etc (and they’d bring their respective guilds or part of their guilds) but most of those dudes stopped looking at demise at after it took over a year to get the discussion back up.

P.s. the numbers only come when you actually balance things on the server, including cu’s, mana leech, etc. Casting barely just got guaranteed, it’ll take time before numbers are gained if they’re gained. Honestly, I think staff hesitation has hurt them the most if they did this to gain players. Numbers were way up in April/May until people found out casting was fucky still, but you can omit that if you want.

*note: incoming “wall of text” comment because alter is to baby brained to read.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Mr Straitions wrote:I also want to point out this hilarious little tid bit:
Arden and Vander literally said hundreds of players would come to Demise from OSI if Demise staff fixed the casting. lol.
Quote that post of me saying that.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Hundreds will come if they fix Demise

They are working on casting ...

Cus, mortal, trap pouches, etc need fixing still
Maloskies and Josh like this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

In my opinion those fixes would help the server:

- fixing mounts, cu sidhes..

- randomize and increase archery shot pause according to OSI,

- reduce skill loss timer and points requirement for war horses
Alvin likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

royal kapero2 wrote:In my opinion those fixes would help the server:

- fixing mounts, cu sidhes..

- randomize and increase archery shot pause according to OSI,

- reduce skill loss timer and points requirement for war horses
OSI isnt random...it feels random bc of ping. its like a baseline 1.5 sec I believe. Swing timer on archer is very similar to FCR for mages.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Some ppl could use brain.

Forum VOTE required to login on forum...

In game VOTE just shown when u log...

80% of ppl are so lazy they dont log on forum and post on discord etc (thats why forum is so dead).
Now see the diffrence?

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
The Silvertiger

Shallan wrote:Some ppl could use brain.

80% of ppl are so lazy they dont log on forum and post on discord etc (thats why forum is so dead).
Now see the diffrence?
Can you pls explain why fel is so dead. Thx
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

The Silvertiger wrote:

Now see the diffrence?
Where i said smth about fel ?
Thx.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
The Silvertiger

Shallan wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

Now see the diffrence?
Where i said smth about fel ?
Thx.
You didn't. I did. Thx
Selling List & Vendor

Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Shut up Josh I'm not reading all of that. I saw the word balance though so I know what you're going to say. If you knew anything about development you would know that you also need to account for playability and fun factor. Some people prefer a faster paced game. Osi casting slows down the game to a snail's pace and you know it. Does it require more skill and finesse? Sure. But it's less fun unless you're a purist and only care about dueling.

Demise was stable for 15 years or so with their casting then died a sudden death with osi casting changes. You can't deny that.

Cry scripts all you want though it's a good excuse for losing.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Duque and april0395 like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Typical KVG not reading to comprehend; just reading to reply.
Mr Straitions wrote:Shut up Josh I'm not reading all of that.

Typical retard.
Can’t read at all
Mr Straitions likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Arden wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:

Typical retard.
Can’t read at all

Lol
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mr Straitions wrote:Shut up Josh I'm not reading all of that. I saw the word balance though so I know what you're going to say. If you knew anything about development you would know that you also need to account for playability and fun factor. Some people prefer a faster paced game. Osi casting slows down the game to a snail's pace and you know it. Does it require more skill and finesse? Sure. But it's less fun unless you're a purist and only care about dueling.

Demise was stable for 15 years or so with their casting then died a sudden death with osi casting changes. You can't deny that.

Cry scripts all you want though it's a good excuse for losing.
You are actually so fucking retarded it’s disgusting.
1. Not a purist, I don’t care about dueling actually at all, I care about field/choke fighting way more.

2. Not having a script vs a script w/ demise casting doesn’t = fun/playability, retard.... balance and fairness are the cornerstone of playability. It’s not that slow, takes an archer just as long to kill someone and takes marginal difference in time to sync dump.

3. Demise was stable Bc steam/scripts weren’t used, steam hasn’t been around 15 years. Demise was clearly dying before OSI Casting, it was dying all last year, loop kept quitting, hz had maybe 3 members who were active, until htown (that’s Bc of free items), then after htown no one played, there were 20-30 people who played in April/May Bc of OSI Casting (I got video evidence).

4. I didn’t lose to scripts that often, I was annoyed I couldn’t kill someone who just held down miniheal. You die regardless though cause you’re dogshit. Hz lost their dominance to kvg during 2017. Demise casting wasn’t enough to preserve your special kind of retardation.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:

Typical retard.
Can’t read at all
Josh wrote: *note: incoming “wall of text” comment because alter is to baby brained to read.
Predicted.