What changes?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
scatman

What changes?

Post by scatman »

I am not sure if such topic has been made already...
I want to make a list of changes needed to make Demise great again.
Please post what issues are most painful for you.
Avoid trash talk against the staff, such behaviours won't have positive effects for any of the sides neither for staff nor for players.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: What changes?

Post by Bama »

scatman wrote:I am not sure if such topic has been made already...
Avoid trash talk against the staff, such behaviours won't have positive effects for any of the sides neither for staff nor for players.

Unlimited accounts so we all have a level playing field and allow IRL cash trading so my buddy Scatman doesn’t get banned.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Shallan and Arden like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Perhaps that is the change that is needed, though? New staff.
We love the current staff somedays, but does that mean they are the best for the server? I don't know. Maybe even a change in how staffing is done. One of the biggest turn offs I've seen from new players is they page for help and noone answers.

A major change that will boost the server's population is content. People get tired of running in circles.

A loot bump is a possibility. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this. I like the feel of players crafting other players armor, but it sux that so much of the loot is literally just garbage.

Something has to be done about the economy. Basically, afking all content was allowed for years. So we have a really bad gold devaluation issue. Is the solution to print more money [bump gold drops]? I think irl has taught us this is not the way. So we have to come up with a better solution. Could they do a pure gold wipe but somehow compensate players maybe with commodities?

4+ accounting needs fixed. How to pick which accounts are real and which ones aren't is a good question. I hope they can figure it out someday.

Disallowed third party programs need fixed. Staff need a dedicated member set to studying patterns in clients/logs. There has to be traces somewhere.

The US internet infrastructure needs updated or the Chinese need to tell us how they run so smoothly. A lot of players are experiencing disconnects and lag.

For some players mechanics are the biggest problem on the server. A continual effort to balance all aspects of the game is needed. Mostly OSI accuracies, but in some cases custom options.

Setup a FoF for Demise. Let us know staff exist. I think the OSI structure of sometimes player asked questions and sometimes staff focused questions to promote topics was great. Let us know you exist and care about moving forward with this project. Don't Ryan us.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 22nd, 2019, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer and scatman like this.
scatman

Post by scatman »

Bama wrote:

Unlimited accounts so we all have a level playing field and allow IRL cash trading so my buddy Scatman doesn’t get banned.
Irony is very welcomed Bama but I am really counting that people will try to fix this server.

Thank you Silvertiger for wide reply.

Loot bump:
is what suppose to be done long time ago. The only valuable thing you can get from hunting is jewelry and it takes ages to get something special. That is obvious that if people will have to do something day and night for few months they will probably do it automatically by macroing. Poor loot destroys fun from pvm. Possibility of getting good weps, armor would encourage people to actively pvm.

+
make some kind of point system like in gaunlet only in case of you are hunting more than one mob.
If you focus only on one mob such as miasma you do not get any points.
Rewards can be various.

There are more adventages of having better PvM system:
less afk bots doing bods, heartwood, harvesting etc.
better PvM system = less bots = higher activity = better economy.

Possibility of having items on highest lvl, such as brsk armor and hw bows would make a diffrence.

New casting:
Personally I do not see any adventages over old casting.
First of all we've changed something what existed for approximately 20 years and was prosperous in some way because at least people played PvP.
I've seen couple players compaining about the old casting and based on their opinions staff changed what was stable for so many years.
I do not get it, there are more important things on Demise than casting, actually casting in my opinon was fine.
New casting eliminates mages from doing spawns effectively.

Staff:
I do not judge anybody but I have this feeling that EoS and co. might be a little bit distant from our matters.
Obviously we need some coder which would do the job but we could have also more active counselros, game masters.
I imagine that such staff would be closer to our daily problems and suggest the staff what are the priorities, what changes have to be done at first.

The other thing is that I disagree for another drastic change based on few whining players.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Bama wrote:

zing!
Arden

Post by Arden »

scatman wrote:New casting eliminates mages from doing spawns effectively.
Huh?? This is so wrong?

Pure mages could never do spawns effectively....

Or do you mean necros?

Why does every hz find it impossible to do spawns on the CORRRECT casting.

I’ve solod every spawn including oaks in fel on current casting. Necro/sw for them all. And added taming for oaks.
DG

Post by DG »

The Silvertiger wrote: The US internet infrastructure needs updated or the Chinese need to tell us how they run so smoothly. A lot of players are experiencing disconnects and lag.
Each of us spends extra 10-20 dollars per month on VPN to get a relatively stable connection with 200-280 ping.Otherwise the high ping and packet loss make game unplayable.

Ppl tend to have a misunderstanding that ping determines your moving speed.That is incorrect.It's packet loss which matters.Even if you have a 300 ping,you still can move almost as fast as players with 30 ping,as long as your connection is stable and have not many packet losses.Of course your game reaction is still much slower.
The Silvertiger

DG wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: The US internet infrastructure needs updated or the Chinese need to tell us how they run so smoothly. A lot of players are experiencing disconnects and lag.
Each of us spends extra 10-20 dollars per month on VPN to get a relatively stable connection with 200-280 ping.Otherwise the high ping and packet loss make game unplayable.

Ppl tend to have a misunderstanding that ping determines your moving speed.That is incorrect.It's packet loss which matters.Even if you have a 300 ping,you still can move almost as fast as players with 30 ping,as long as your connection is stable and have not many packet losses.Of course your game reaction is still much slower.
I have lots of packet loss. You use wtf?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
scatman

Post by scatman »

Arden wrote:
Huh?? This is so wrong?

Or do you mean necros?

I’ve solod every spawn including oaks in fel on current casting. Necro/sw for them all. And added taming for oaks.
I meant necomage weavers.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Bama wrote:

!!!!! :) :coffee: :popcorn:

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

DG wrote:

isnt VPN not allowed ? @EOS ?

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Vpn is allowed.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Arden wrote:
Huh?? This is so wrong?

Or do you mean necros?

if you seen scatman(black pudding) play a necromage you would understand why this turd is having a hard time.
Spoilers - it has nothing to do with the casting change.
Josh likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

The Silvertiger wrote:I have lots of packet loss. You use wtf?
VPN softwares become very popular in China these years.At first they aim at reducing latency of domestic online games.Now they are mainly for steam games whose servers are located all over the world. Fortunately they can provide better routes for Demise too.

They are usually called 'online game accelerator' in China.But they are VPN in essence.Because of the huge market demand,more and more professional VPN softwares go into commercial operation.We normally purchase more than one of such softwares in case of network fluctuations.

Here are some links of VPN softwares we daily use.

https://uu.163.com/m/
https://jiasu.qq.com
https://www.qiyou.cn/mobile/index

You can google translate and check their functions.However they are designed to connect foreign game severs from China.They should not work for US players to log on Demise:(

Ps:trace route softwares help figure out which part of your network has an issue.
The Silvertiger

I used tracert and the packets always drop in Ashburn[?] Virginia.
Selling List & Vendor