Accuracy/research Team

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arden

Accuracy/research Team

Post by Arden »

With so many things trying to be accurate and so many memories of what is accurate. Can I suggest putting a player team together to do the research to submit to staff when requested.

We could get far more looked into and you could get more accurate info. I’m not saying morto and I have to be it, but for example we both plays OSI for a substantial amount of time at a high level. We also would have no qualms of arguing with each other. Please find people like that. So we can get the much needed changes done.

Specially-
archer dmg and specials dmg wrong
Mana leech wrong

Pvp is picking up. Let’s fix try and fix what needed fixing before the casting patch.

Please :)
The Silvertiger

Re: Accuracy/research Team

Post by The Silvertiger »

I agree, but you need tedious people like myself as well. I'm not going to take part in this venture though. Really all you need are people to login to OSI and be thorough with their tests. Go in open minded and assume nothing.

As for Mana leech there are literally formulas that just need applied. There's no need for OSI testing as they stated the actual formula in a FoF. Literally plug and play coding.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote: August 13th, 2019, 2:48 am Really all you need are people to login to OSI and be thorough with their tests. Literally plug and play coding.
Thats the problem...logging into OSI does nothing. Most things have been changed since AOS/SE/ML
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: August 13th, 2019, 3:27 am
The Silvertiger wrote: August 13th, 2019, 2:48 am Really all you need are people to login to OSI and be thorough with their tests.
Thats the problem...logging into OSI does nothing. Most things have been changed since AOS/SE/ML
I also agree with that for something's. There's documentation for most of these changes. I agree with Josh in this instance that where no documentation exists for actual mechanics\formulas then just balance it. We can see documentation a lot of times from where a mechanic was changed, but not documentation for how it worked prior to the change.

Where there's no documentation for a change then how do you justify a change: "I remember it this way." The problem then becomes conflicting memories. Not mine of course. Demise depended on a guy about 9-10 years ago that always said I remember it this way. When further analysis was done he was almost always wrong. [See Bama for more information concerning him.]

Edit: I removed the plug and play line in this quote of my quote so that it's not taken out of context.

Edit 2: Another issue with the "I remember it like this": ML era came out in 2005 and concluded in 2009. What may be remembered from the beginning of the era may not be true for the end of the era. Example: sticky specials were a thing until 2007.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Discord: Amish#1299
Arden likes this.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

oh look the trammys have an idea :lol:
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

We need a new admin, EoS has been less than part timing it for a long time, I doubt anything serious is in the works.
The Silvertiger

Reetus wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:19 am We need a new admin, EoS has been less than part timing it for a long time, I doubt anything serious is in the works.
I have been paying attention and she logs on the forums almost every day lately. Does that translate to bug fixes and balancing mechanics? I don't know.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: August 13th, 2019, 3:57 am [See Bama for more information concerning him.]
That motherf*cker never played OSI past T2A and everything had to be proven to him.
All he did was post his interpretations of the Publishes and cite the RUN/UO code

His very first post on the forums was him asking how enhancing worked and if you could take spined armor and enhance it with horned or barbed

I won't get into the PoF back and forth with him and IP which was priceless but here is another one

IP made a report that Rune Beetles were not gaining back their poisoning skill after a death and the idiot told IP that they don't and told IP to check the code. IP told him well if RUN/UO code is your proof we don't have any bugs

Or how you couldn't bond your pet if you didn't keep it in the stable for a week
Or you were not allowed to bond a pet if you used +taming jewelry

There were many many more things that the Staff at that time did not fix because of him

It wasn't until UOME ( I wonder who that is ) and Daed and a host of others got together to report bugs code the fixes and test the fixes. PSZ Lady Crimson Ferris were running the place at the time I believe. Ferris was such a fun GM Lady Crimson I never had any interaction with her.
PSZ this place wouldn't be around if not for him

I believe the Test server at the time belonged to UOME and the testing was done on it

If people think this server is trash today because of mechanics and other stuff .......... lol they should have been here last decade
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Mr Nobody wrote: August 13th, 2019, 8:08 am oh look the trammys have an idea :lol:
Why does it matter if someone pvps or not? If they have common sense and are willing to give it a try and actually give good input that they get from testing, I dont think it really matters if they pvp or not. I dont get the whole pvp server thing, is this high school or something? People like different things, the only reason the server seems like a pvp server, is because of the meta and how most pvpers dont use their actual blue characters because they bot everything and dont actually play or do pvm from what ive seen.

If someone wants to waste their time to get detailed info to try and fix a server, I dont see how that is a problem. In the end it all matters if the staff actually code it in, which is unlike because our server is very understaffed from what I see.
Also, with a server filled with complainers, its kinda hard to please everyone, someone will always be disappointed by a choice a staff member made because its not something that benefits them. It isnt a very welcoming to new players to the server, and definitely isnt welcoming to the staff that are trying to help out for free, instead of trying to enjoy the game.

:D Long story short, pvper or pvm, it doesnt really matter, aslong as someone has common sense and is good at detailed info collection, pretty sure anyone could help out.
Discord: Amish#1299
Josh

Post by Josh »

I have always tried to find the publish for changes when I report things. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how much research we do if staff doesn’t want to change the thing. That’s why I ask staff for more transparency Bc we can help with research about certain things. Or have discussions on balancing if that’s desired.

But then again I might get banned from forums for pointing out inaccuracies
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote: August 13th, 2019, 7:55 pm I have always tried to find the publish for changes when I report things. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how much research we do if staff doesn’t want to change the thing. That’s why I ask staff for more transparency Bc we can help with research about certain things. Or have discussions on balancing if that’s desired.

I don't think it was you pointing out inaccuracies that got you the temp ban, but the manner and location of said points.

I agree with you that our posts\research\etc are useless if staff doesn't code it. On the transparency note they also usually don't respond to our reports. A simple we're looking into it or a not-at-this-time goes a long way. Instead we get a "No you're wrong about this little part here." Then, they don't discuss what is right about the reports and what is going to be done about it. As much as Eos and Larson read of the forums, it shouldn't be too much to ask for a one line response.

Good to see you back.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Josh wrote: August 13th, 2019, 7:55 pm I have always tried to find the publish for changes when I report things. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how much research we do if staff doesn’t want to change the thing. That’s why I ask staff for more transparency Bc we can help with research about certain things. Or have discussions on balancing if that’s desired.

I don't think it was you pointing out inaccuracies that got you the temp ban, but the manner and location of said points.

I agree with you that our posts\research\etc are useless if staff doesn't code it. On the transparency note they also usually don't respond to our reports. A simple we're looking into it or a not-at-this-time goes a long way. Instead we get a "No you're wrong about this little part here." Then, they don't discuss what is right about the reports and what is going to be done about it. As much as Eos and Larson read of the forums, it shouldn't be too much to ask for a one line response.

Good to see you back.
Aye, maybe that's why I got banned (pretty bad reason but all good I laughed about it), but then again I was just replying to eos and mentioning she forgot a couple things :]

Yea transparency would go a long way with pleasing the community.
Arden

Post by Arden »

A simple “no” would satisfy me
Josh and The Silvertiger like this.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Best Accuracy Team would be
Alvin
Arden
Josh
MB
Loler
DG

--
would love to hear them arguing about shits on discord :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.