Sin Dungeon Clear No-Deaths

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Sin Dungeon Clear No-Deaths

Post by Calvin »

skrillex, you have a clique.
and you stayed up until 5am? i suppose that's hardcore for a pvper... you seem to have no idea how much the pvmers grind to get stuff. which you get given to you basically. which makes the pvmers time worthless. which is why they stopped playing.

amish, did any of those events drop a billion gold? the T map one looked awesome, the others are same old. but what was the drop rate on the maps?
i think they set the rates based on the people they know, and the people they know are all pvpers. pvm gets no respect on this server. i dont even care about the items really, i just wanted to see old friends and stuff again, but they've made everyone leave.

pvmers are supposed to have better gear, that's the balance that allows them to pvp a bit. and the pvpers are supposed to want the better gear, which is the balance that makes them pvm.

what they've done instead, is basically they have a big swimming pool for the pvpers, and a little paddling pool for the pvms. nice to know you're appreciated. you give no credit to the pvm people, but they make the fkin server go around, they do all the trades and resource farming.. you guys have broken the system so badly.

it's like having an office with 100 managers and 5 workers. well, these workers are not happy, and they're tempted to leave you managers to it. the game is supposed to be 95% pvm. yes the pvp is the top 5%, but without the other 95%... i dont think it'll work. you have catered to a vocal minority, and the result is that you've killed off the majority.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Calvin wrote: October 29th, 2019, 7:03 pm i think we should all just do an amish and fuck the community off. just keep ourselves to ourselves and chill out.

suppose it wont be worth playing though... :/
Well I mean, I never said the introvert life was an exciting one Calvin, and 'fuck the community off'? You mean just enjoy the game with what i get? And troll with things people hold to high standards like the darksides? Its an old game I just try not to take it seriously, also most of my guild has stopped playing so I dont have many people to play with anyways, and even if I did, the game is way to easy so I can usually solo most of the stuff I am interested in doing. Nothing wrong with just playing the game, not like much is gonna change, and when it does that just means you adapt and play that way instead.
Also im a masochist, so thats why im still playing, though not as much as I used to. Ive been playing other games these days.
Discord: Amish#1299
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think we are just getting old. :(

we wanna do the old things and have them still pay off. but the world is moving away from us.

but we are bloody playing UO! that's not supposed to happen here.

i think less time should be spent on old players, and more time spent on new ones, and the game experience should stay essentially the same!
it should be like, if we get bored fk us. the best content is not for us, it's for the new people. cos then we wont get bored anyway, we'd have loads of people to trade with, and loads of people to kill.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

would old players be willing to forego events and updates for them, for like, 6 months; to allow staff the time to work on new content for new players?
Arden

Post by Arden »

Calvin...Where do you even get your info?

I read your posts, and Im trying to understand your point of view but Im failing to.

Some things you said that ill pull out:
pvmers are supposed to have better gear, that's the balance that allows them to pvp a bit. and the pvpers are supposed to want the better gear, which is the balance that makes them pvm
What??? Since when??? I dont even understand where youre getting this info from. Youd also be surprised, MOST if not all PvPers have done thier fair share of PvM to get the gear/items they have.

catering for a tiny group of hardcore players as usual.
I play ~1-2 hours a day at the most. Maybe a little more now bc of h town, but no more than a few here and there. I dont typically play weekends at all. I logged on and saw one item was left in the Sin event, and killed mobs for 5 mins and got it. Ask Amish. I would say I miss 90% of all events/content but you dont see me complaining nor do you see me lacking any gear/items/gold.

the game is supposed to be 95% pvm. yes the pvp is the top 5%, but without the other 95
Where is this math from? You realized original UO was fel only right?

they have a big swimming pool for the pvpers, and a little paddling pool for the pvms
Last I checked, they didn't TOUCH trammel casting. Cus still work (broken) as they used to so you can cheese them at spawns. Mana leech (whch is broken) isnt being touched bc too many PvMers rely on it to do things. Should I go on?

Come on man, you didnt get the lucky item so youre crying. You just made a post not long ago about how you got so many Garbs last year playing youre "special" template.

How many garbs/trinkets did you get this year so far? And last?

Id say Sun dungeon helped the casual (me) and the hardcore (you) is salty about it.

tldr - Calvin is salty.
Last edited by Arden on October 30th, 2019, 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Calvin wrote: October 30th, 2019, 12:31 am would old players be willing to forego events and updates for them, for like, 6 months; to allow staff the time to work on new content for new players?
What new content can you add to ML? UO is ancient. You cant add too much man, most people play for the nostalgia. Change the game and you lose that
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

from my university degree in games design.

when was the last time we had an event that wasn't even gameplay.

like, a marriage. or some shit like that. a play. something entertaining, but not like running around and getting items

we dont really care about the casting and things, because we are not hitting these mechanics against each other with knife edge differences determining fights. we dont care.

i've gotten plenty this year, but not if you throw the economy out the window by spamming loot on staff hosted events that are aimed at people that are so rich that items need to put in to pull gold off them back into the economy - which they dont even need to buy now.

i have one garb, and one trinket, which are for Calvin, because he's the only character i care about, and i got the trinket the first year, when i could have sold it for like 500mil, and it's sat in my bank the whole time, because it's for Calvin when he gets new jewels at some point. the garb i got on my wither bomb mage after like a week of farming the spawn like 4 hours a day. by that point i'd given up and was literally just there to collect the gold after the champ died. until then i'd gotten jack shit.

this year i've gotten loads of nice things for my castle, so im perfectly happy. although i STILL have not gotten a raised garden bed. like 6 bee hives, and 6 fire seeds, and NO FKIN GARDEN. this after not getting one last year either, but getting like 5 plum trees.

doesn't really matter, i have everything i want anyway, and i have made plenty of gold for pocket money

right my criticisms:
event rewarded far too much to too few.
event was not available to everyone - especially in different time zones.
event was balanced on the elite players - rewards may have been appropriate to this, but difficulty was too high, and punishment too harsh.
event was kept too secret, left most players totally in the dark until the video, make a spectical at least! otherwise everyone just feels like they are missing out.

it is not this specific thing that i am pissed off about, but this is endemic of a larger problem, which has had a noticeable effect on the community and server

when was the last time we played bagball or bomberman?
they coulda done like a massive super giant gm controlled boss with a narrative in H town. or some quest players have to all fill for something, with a massive drop at the end. i dunno exactly, but this? really?? this???

turn off the guard zones, and make britain the new H town with the bosses spawning around it or something, do it in both facets, hold it for a day or 2, say the main weekend. but this??
Arden

Post by Arden »

You're asking for what Blizz did with WOW.....Which they even admit, killed the game and lost them over 75% of thier population (BC vs pre-classic).

They removed the difficult/elitist only content's motivating factors.

If every new player can get the same items as a top end player there is no point in the top end player putting effort into being good/learning the game. No point in putting the time in builiding the suit making the template etc. Which leads to new players having nothing to motivate them, no one to idolize (maybe a bad word choice), no one to emulate. Thus you lose the top tier player AND the new player.

I'm not going to explain the concept any deeper, as someone with a "university degree in games design." You should be aware and know about the blizzard blunder.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Arden wrote: October 30th, 2019, 4:05 am You're asking for what Blizz did with WOW.....Which they even admit, killed the game and lost them over 75% of thier population (BC vs pre-classic).

SO fucking TRUE
Blizzard after the @#%@# merge is not BLizzard BUT BLI$$ARD ... 2#$@$@$ shit. :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

I did +600 tmaps last event, you think i only play PvP? I try enjoy all facets of the game @calvin

Probably i make more PVM than you, not sure, but probably.
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
patla

Post by patla »

Its better to do pvm skrillex because in pvp your shit even playing on your archer 2 buttons your trash aswell so keep doing your job as a pvmer.im just telling you
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Arden wrote: October 30th, 2019, 4:05 am You're asking for what Blizz did with WOW.....Which they even admit, killed the game and lost them over 75% of thier population (BC vs pre-classic).

If every new player can get the same items as a top end player there is no point in the top end player putting effort into being good/learning the game. No point in putting the time in builiding the suit making the template etc. Which leads to new players having nothing to motivate them, no one to idolize (maybe a bad word choice), no one to emulate. Thus you lose the top tier player AND the new player.

I'm not going to explain the concept any deeper, as someone with a "university degree in games design." You should be aware and know about the blizzard blunder.
BC did not kill the game at all, i played BC. Wrath of the Lich King killed it, and the later updates. BC was the fkin golden age of WoW. where are you saying they admit something? by the fact they're re-releasing classic wow? they didn't remove the elite stuff, i suppose the original 40 man raids became easy, but there was new ones put in? it just rebalanced the game at a higher level, after everyone had gotten what they thought was end game gear, then they had to scrap it all for greens. then they did it again, and again, and after a while people were like fk this.

i was actually a pvper in wow, with full tier 3 arena gear, i didn't raid at all. but i like the combat mechanics of wow, and that was why i played it. i dont like the pvp combat mechanics on uo, and it's not why i play it. personal choice - im not getting into the "uo is for pvp" argument because it's been done before, it's not but if you think that fine, the freedom to do so is what's important.

look i could literally write you an essay on this, but no-one wants that.

you are saying there is "no point". i think what you mean is 'no reward'. and the reward you are talking about, is being king of the ashes.
the point is that it's a game, and you solved it out. go you. now enjoy the community of other people solving it, and show off your proness for kudos.

i've posted this before...

what im saying basically, when i say they've bailed out the banks, is that they have made content for the people that already have a lot of content. they are playing to the player base they have, rather than trying to implement things that would bring in other player types. but having the other player types would make everyone happier anyway. it's like going into recession so you stop spending money and start saving instead, and that doubled down the recession, because now no-one is buying anything. they appease the current population, but prevent new players.

the whole point of the events in general, is not to give more stuff to the rich players, it's to give new players and casual players, EQUAL CHANCE, of getting top items, so they can trade them with the high up players, and then do things like decorate their houses. because there's nothing else really in the game that they can do, to get enough money, to buy things like nice deco. they are custom made, equalizers, because our population scripts, and that leads to a massive imbalance between hardcore and non-hardcore players. we need that equalizer. shit like this just makes the gap bigger.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I'm TOTALLY down for hard mode and elitist content. IFFFFFF its accessible. Not giving out at random.

Hard modes give me a boner. Unfortunately that's a tall order for this server for many reasons.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
leo_azenha

Post by leo_azenha »

How does you make the Fields, look like little squares??
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Would this be a gold sink? Buy a ticket, get access?