Sin Dungeon Clear No-Deaths

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Skrillex

Re: Sin Dungeon Clear No-Deaths

Post by Skrillex »

patla wrote: October 30th, 2019, 11:18 am Its better to do pvm skrillex because in pvp your shit even playing on your archer 2 buttons your trash aswell so keep doing your job as a pvmer.im just telling you

Sorry , and you are....??

Oh, nvm, i dont give a fuck
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Calvin wrote: October 29th, 2019, 10:44 am Image

urrgh it's back under the crappy management of pandering to the PvP scripters..

horribly OP rewards just to motivate people... i feel like i shouldn't bother putting in the hours to grind anything when you just pick a few people to give loads of stuff to..

i was kinda joking when i said it was worth like 200kk... i shoulda said 1kkk
weren't you just on my other post trying to tell me to stop complaining? Even though what I said actually made sense. I agree that it is absurd to just give out billions of gold worth of items to only a small few that could play during a brief window of the event. Maybe one day you'll realize that every ass chewing we give the gms doesnt just fall out of the sky.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but you're complaining about the entire of H-town, the majority of the other thread is saying how great H-town is. it's in effect the GM's original content- the server is OSI based, but these event towns are effectively the staff making their own custom content, allowing us to get the later content items that we'd otherwise have to live without, allowing us to push our character builds.

it's genuinely good content, with real choice for how the players spend their time. do you camp bosses? do you run the quest? do you camp peerless? do you run champ spawn? do you run under lake? do you try the pvp area? do you hunt this ticket thing?

none of those options are superior to the others, because it's balanced.

do you see my problem with this event now?
Last edited by Calvin on October 31st, 2019, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loler

Post by Loler »

The bosses are all easy. Its the same dungeon from 4 years ago i completed it 2x 4 years ago and I was on a 1 month old char
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Arden wrote: October 30th, 2019, 4:05 am You're asking for what Blizz did with WOW.....Which they even admit, killed the game and lost them over 75% of thier population (BC vs pre-classic).
the irony of this statement, is that WoW was built around scaling gameplay, and devoured content. once you'd completed an area on Wow you never went back to it. that's basically what YOU are asking for, you're saying elite people should do elite content and get better rewards, noobs should do noob content and get shit all.

UO's not that kinda game.

that's why they had to keep bringing out constant expansions, why loot was instanced and soul bound. the game was built around that concept, UO isn't like that.

the joy of uo isn't doing content that new players cant do; it's doing the same content they do, but being far better than them at it, making a difference and being a hero in the spawn. you can be genuinely strong in uo, while on Wow you just played at your level.

WoW was a great game imo, a true colossus in MMOs, but it's different; and ultimately it was doomed to wear out. that's where UO beats it, because the original game content is just as relevant end game, as it was in the start. people still need to mine ingots or farm leather. uo is not a linear game.
Arden

Post by Arden »

I honestly stopped reading what you had to save several posts ago, when I realized you also were shit barrel on wow too.

I struggle to talk to people that fail to understand what its like to be at the top level of a game....any game...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Arden wrote: October 31st, 2019, 6:03 am I honestly stopped reading what you had to save several posts ago, when I realized you also were shit barrel on wow too.

I struggle to talk to people that fail to understand what its like to be at the top level of a game....any game...
is it sorta like this?

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

honestly this anime is so good.

the thing you're not getting, is that i am a pvper, and i do play at the top level. just not on UO. if i wanted to script this game, i could script it like MB does, real scripters are on a whole other level. they shoulda got MB to script the AI for the monsters, and that's all. i play League of Legends for PvP and i've always played the top PvP game that's out, yea it was wow for a bit. i was top 0.1% in the world on CS global stats; and i dont play like a camping puss.

but that's not what i play UO for.

kapero was totally wrath ^.^

haha
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Calvin wrote: October 31st, 2019, 3:48 am
Arden wrote: October 30th, 2019, 4:05 am You're asking for what Blizz did with WOW.....Which they even admit, killed the game and lost them over 75% of thier population (BC vs pre-classic).
the irony of this statement, is that WoW was built around scaling gameplay, and devoured content. once you'd completed an area on Wow you never went back to it. that's basically what YOU are asking for, you're saying elite people should do elite content and get better rewards, noobs should do noob content and get shit all.

UO's not that kinda game.

that's why they had to keep bringing out constant expansions, why loot was instanced and soul bound. the game was built around that concept, UO isn't like that.

the joy of uo isn't doing content that new players cant do; it's doing the same content they do, but being far better than them at it, making a difference and being a hero in the spawn. you can be genuinely strong in uo, while on Wow you just played at your level.

WoW was a great game imo, a true colossus in MMOs, but it's different; and ultimately it was doomed to wear out. that's where UO beats it, because the original game content is just as relevant end game, as it was in the start. people still need to mine ingots or farm leather. uo is not a linear game.
eh?

I'm talking about how you dont have to do any damage to the champ spawn to afk in the corner and just hit the final boss and get the most valuable artifact in the game.

I'm talking about how working the rooms the in the pvp area killing the mini bosses means nothing, despite taking some actual gameplay to perform(unlike all the bosses at htown except freddy).

I'm talking about how there is very little gameplay involved at the event. It's more about how many different characters you can setup at various bosses running scripts.

I do agree that the rewards from SIN were a bit too much, despite that being the type of content that should drop the best items.

It's pretty simple: design bosses like freddy and sin dungeon that require gameplay, and make things like the champ spawn and pvp area be either point based or higher chance based off of spawn damage(not just boss damage at the very last boss)
Loler

Post by Loler »

I said that last year however. Kvg did the corner afking last year while i worked about half the spawns myself with my samp.

I already told them last year to base arti chance like a regular champ.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Yo, Calvin do you kill ettins and Earth elementals for loot? What about scorpions? Harpies? Hell Hounds and imps? What about anything Ina graveyard? Anything in a non-peerless dungeon in the facet of Trammel purely for the loot in the corpse?

What's the point of these questions? To show the flaw in your argument. As a noob [prior to the hw script] one either has to beg for gold\suits\pets or go earn it themselves. If they want to kill monsters they go to tram despise or Brit graveyard. They work themselves up from that to killing bigger monsters and never go back. Why do you think OSI had to revamp Trammel dungeons? They were basically abandoned. It wasn't so much of a "hey we should add this really cool system" as it was a " hey we have area's that are never played. How can we bring players back to these areas? "

It's a shame that you put in 4 years of college and learned nothing. I am in agreement that the reward was too much, but I'm not crying about it. Congratulations to everyone who got the rewards. Your hard work paid off.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

or do the events. where yes, i even kill the rats in case they give drops.

in the normal game, no i dont kill those things for the loot, but i would kill them for the fun. ideally taking a noob there to look after them.

you are right though about using parts of the map that aren't used. ideally you'd make heatmaps for it. but you can bring players to those areas in better ways than rebalancing them to be for higher levels.

as i say, we're not talking about a new peerless, or a new dungeon which will be ran long term. we're talking about an event with high value drops - i dont think those should be difficulty based or severly limited in participants.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote: October 31st, 2019, 3:18 pm I said that last year however. Kvg did the corner afking last year while i worked about half the spawns myself with my samp.

I already told them last year to base arti chance like a regular champ.
Ahh yes, token Loler post...claim he said something first and stick to it!!

*golf clap*

but this is accurate - many people suggested this change.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you know actually one of the most fun things to do in the game is to kill miasma for loot. but this doesn't have to be miasma, there are other things that drop nice loot packs that would surprise you. for example rotting corpses have OP loot for their level (i think to encourage people to kill them).

a lot of the time i use mempho for the luck, and with statue boost and a luck sword you can get good lewts, dont need honour really, just a loot bump on a lucky pack, and you get deminishing returns passed like 800 anyway.

a good jewel can be worth more than 100 artifacts and replicas.
Loler

Post by Loler »

As being one of the few people actively working the champ of course i requested the change even with 15 people there i was easily doing 30-40% damage to spawn. And I never said I was first i just said I suggested it. I can't say who else suggested it just my self.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna