*Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Re: *Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

all I would want are epaulettes which Eos tried and they only show up in paperdoll, no graphic shows on your character at all in this era and it only takes robe slot so 99.999999% will end up being garb, just like everyone is already wearing. Transmog would be cool but it looks like the same old naysayer crybabies can’t fathom a new market for gear and are actually trying to argue that cosmetics effect pvp.....at the very best of your argument, someone will get a 1-time surprise advantage until someone opens paperdoll and looks at the time (if there was such a thing as helmet transmog, which I really don’t care much about).
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

I would like event with DD instead of tots and marty, also permanent special ethy would be sick and add some dyed pig or dyed tub for ethy would be nice.
And make Quiver of blight dyed :D
Buguei

Post by Buguei »

thats a good idea, just modify itens, you guys can implement some events with this reward, i mean, everyone who plays pvp event and won 13k check is really awesome ¬¬
but cant transmog weapons
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dude, noobs are gonna log in, take a look at armor, be like wtf, and leave..

if you wanna help the economy, buy deco and build stuff, if there were more demand than supply for deco/cosmetic things, then there wouldn't much of a problem really

problem is people not wanting the things which should be fueling the re-circulation of gold, not that the hoarders dont have enough to hoard for..

like the darkside works because you value it... i suppose this is something you would value.. but it's really not gonna be possible without making the server look like a modded mess to any newcomers.

it's kinda the same in the real economy, the reason trickle-down economics doesn't work, is because people hoard money, they dont spend it like they are supposed to, they save instead. that ends up with 1 person having all the money. instead of a strata of people having increasingly frivolous luxuries.

i dunno though, i like that uo mimics the real world economy, but i agree we need to stop people being infinitely rich in the game.

i have a mate that only plays T2A servers because he says the neons make it look like a unicorn has vomited all over the game.. this would be a step too far in that direction. people play for the classic feel. if it looks too modded then it will kill the selling point of the server. darksides are alright i think cos they do kinda fit into the world, but the last thing people want on starting a server is an explanation to justify weird shit; like items not being what they look like.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Calvin I see what you’re saying. Maybe if I wasn’t clear in my earlier post, I’ll try again....I’d be against transmogging armor/weps. Clothing items I’d be cool with transmogging into other pieces of clothing (sash into doublet...). Nothing so custom that it would scare people off. Epaulettes are the main priority for me though - trammy as I may sound, every character on the server pretty much wears the same shit.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I like the idea in general. I'm also concerned about the permanency of the scrolls. I can see someone like mmmartin transmogging plain leather armor then destroying the item later to sell scrolls for profit. I don't mind them being able to sell transmog items, tho.

I don't like the price fluctuation. First off who sets the prices? Who is able to determine what should be 250kk? What I'm saying is when it comes to style some people like jogging pants and some people "need" $250 jeans. Some people wear steaks for clothes. :?
:beathorse:

As far as what Calvin said, I only read part of it, but I really don't think people rocking bone armor suits will drive players away. Having a beautiful paperdoll actually drives some people to play.

Then again I'm a fan of permanent gold\item sinks. So I would just have these on a vendor next to a DS ticket vendor next to a cub barrel. That way new players could work towards making their suit look fancy.

Edit: as one use items to keep people buying should they get a new runic or get bored with their current outfit. And maybe add a transparent mog, that shows the stats on mouse over as if it was opaque [I understand that would probably be very difficult to code, but it would be cool to see robeless\shroudless costumes without having to lose the benefits those items contain. Would also clarify that they wouldn't allow one to change the slot an item occupies, which I'm sure Anthony File did not intend i.e. A robe to a floppy hat, a robe to a sash, etc
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Silvertigerbossman - prices are not set by what someone says - prices are set via free market trade with gold being the monetary basis - something is only valued at what someone is willing to sell/buy it for. Gold is farmeable so it has relatively low value due to constant inflation. This is why staff has to do what they call "gold sinks" every so often to increase the rarity of gp (increasing it's trade value and buying power). This poses a couple problems....the ease at which gold is obtained isn't changed so the rate of inflation (devaluing gp) never changes. Like, 3 months after a gold sink prices genuinely recover through peoples valuation of items when there's probably not enough gold to support it (meaning it would be very hard to liquidate all your items into gp for what they're being valued/traded at). If you think about it - the only reason for gp is so people can buy shit from NPC's and utilize a vendor market where items can always be bought/sold.

I don't think the Transmog idea would be too intrusive/disruptive if the system were item specific. Example: Sash transmog deed allows you to change sash into any other piece of clothing that occupies the same exact slot. Once it's transmogged it will be that way forever, you cannot get your deed back and the fact that it's transmogged may, or may not, effect it's value in future trades.

I don't even think epaulet's would need to be considered "transmog"?? Just have an empty pair of epaulet's that you can d-click and adhere the mods of any robe you'd like, 1 time, non-reversible (like darksides are). Upon adhering the mods, the original robe/item would be deleted.

It's literally just another way to spice up the economy without devaluing anything or changing any game mechanics, whatsoever. Call it a gold sink or introduce it as an item drop or maybe a quest item (quests are totally useless on Demise) - either way, it's something I think a lot of people would enjoy being added with very little to almost no prep from staff (similar to this riveting taming event going on......)
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

I'll take all your chit, k thx bai.
Calvin likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 16th, 2019, 8:32 pm I'll take all your chit, k thx bai.
Not my things, loaned by guildies.
Arden likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I quit playing because of a lack of new content that doesn't even extend to the pub whatever cut off point... and I don't give two shits... neither does whoever maintains this crap...

After some rediscovery and practice with what I have left since I quit I'd have zero problems... and that's the problem... that and all these ellipses...

ultio mea est
The Silvertiger and Arden like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: November 16th, 2019, 2:36 pm...transparent...
i suppose an option to hide the robe slot wouldn't be bad.

it is kinda annoying that everyone has to cover their armour to get the bonuses of robe item
Facko wrote: November 17th, 2019, 4:41 pm After some rediscovery and practice with what I have left since I quit I'd have zero problems... and that's the problem... that and all these ellipses...
https://youtu.be/KPx6F0Oyw7Y?t=11

overall, honestly i think changing things to have different graphics would just make it a terrible mess...
it's jumping the shark again.

"this isn't a banana, it's a halberd!"

but there is an element of personal preference in that, i don't like not being able to see what things are without bringing up the text. to me it kinda defeats the purpose of having graphics in the first place.

what if i got a fancy expensive chair and i mogged it into a normal stone chair, is that then rare or not? it's just confusing..
Last edited by Calvin on November 17th, 2019, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arden likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Calvin wrote: November 17th, 2019, 5:51 pm
The Silvertiger wrote: November 16th, 2019, 2:36 pm...transparent...
i suppose an option to hide the robe slot wouldn't be bad.

it is kinda annoying that everyone has to cover their armour to get the bonuses of robe item
Facko wrote: November 17th, 2019, 4:41 pm After some rediscovery and practice with what I have left since I quit I'd have zero problems... and that's the problem... that and all these ellipses...
https://youtu.be/KPx6F0Oyw7Y?t=11

overall, honestly i think changing things to have different graphics would just make it a terrible mess...
it's jumping the shark again.

"this isn't a banana, it's a halberd!"

but there is an element of personal preference in that, i don't like not being able to see what things are without bringing up the text. to me it kinda defeats the purpose of having graphics in the first place.
I know my initial post may not have been clear on it, but if you read the entire discussion you’ll see that I’m quite clear on the fact that being able to transmog weapons offers an unbalanced advantage. My intention is to keep transmogrification scrolls limited to armor slots, which won’t hinder anyone on the battlefield.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you could always craft some actual bone armour with runic tools and make it mage armour..
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Sorry, but I don't support transmogging armor and weapons to complete different styles. To send a mage out in full platemail through transmogging is ridiculous and not even very realistic.

However, I am fine with clothes being convertible to different clothing graphics.This would lead to some new styles instead of the repetitive robe look we have going on.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Arthrutus wrote: November 17th, 2019, 10:58 pm Sorry, but I don't support transmogging armor and weapons to complete different styles. To send a mage out in full platemail through transmogging is ridiculous and not even very realistic.

However, I am fine with clothes being convertible to different clothing graphics.This would lead to some new styles instead of the repetitive robe look we have going on.
I know my initial post may not have been clear on it, but if you read the entire discussion you’ll see that I’m quite clear on the fact that being able to transmog weapons offers an unbalanced advantage. My intention is to keep transmogrification scrolls limited to armor slots, which won’t hinder anyone on the battlefield.

As far as platemail on mages goes, who’s to say that it wouldn’t look appropriate on Mages? Realistic? We’re playing a 20 year old MMORPG.

My mages are all stacked to 45-70 DCI and built like tanks as is.