*Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: *Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

Post by Calvin »

you want an item you can buy that lets you change the graphic of items to something else?

and you dont see any problem with that..

because there is items like savage kin paint, and other things which swap your avatar model...?

and you want the shoulder things.

is that about the gist of it?

so what you're effectively saying... is because you can polymorph into a chicken. your sword might as well be a fish?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:43 am you want an item you can buy that lets you change the graphic of items to something else?

and you dont see any problem with that..

because there is items like savage kin paint, and other things which swap your avatar model...?

and you want the shoulder things.

is that about the gist of it?
Not at all. I'm done. Please stop trolling. I'm not a pvper. Stop grouping me.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not really unrelated.. it's all about that really, im just telling you why.

all im saying really is:
a. no to transmog cos it's a step too far.
b. you can probably get epaulets in another way.
c. use it to do something useful if you put them in.

that's really all im saying. everything else is explaining why... yeah it goes pretty deep.
im sorry if you dont understand it, but that really is the intention - not to troll people.
just im picking up the bonus objectives ;P (and.. maybe having a bit of fun)
even if you dont get it, others will read it that probably will.
but if you actually want to argue your case, i suggest you try to get it too, and argue against the right things.

what you need to understand is that designers and people in responsible positions, dont think like you. they dont think what they want, and how to get it. they think about things like how it will effect the game, what it will make players do, how it would be practically implemented, etc. they have to have a massive super ero.
(that's also why they are always into kinky sex stuff :lol: cos id is always suppressed ;) #bonusobjectives)
Evil_Puppet likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well they can do that, just not the transmog thing..

dont *just* think what they did on osi tho, cos ultimately osi is just how they solved the problems.
obviously tho seeing someone elses solution is gonna be helpful.
Evil_Puppet likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

bump
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Bad idea
Evil_Puppet and Arden like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"You probably have never played on the "free" public shards much.. Every worth it item there costs RL$, much more than in UO store or in game store. Also these items on the UO store help UO stay alive a little bit more.."

i lol'd

someone log into stratics forum and lets poach some players ;)

+
looking into it a bit, parrot is still back item, so it is the same as suggested - cosmetic. so not totally terible.
i still think it's a bad idea tho. Broadsword are doing it for a cash grab is all... but ultimately it's using GM powers to change game objects, and paying gms to do it.. i dont know if that's a good road to go down...

like imagine a theme park where the boss has kinda given up on the rules and is just like "you can do what the fk you want, just pay me"

.. i mean, simple really - do you want your mighty warriors to look like mighty warriors and stuff? or do you not mind if they are wearing like a shirt, a skinning knife, and a candle - but have the stats of the best items? i think it'll just turn into a clusterfuck where nothing makes sense. it'd be a novelty for a while but that's about it. after that the whole place will just be a mess...

it's kinda lazy of the devs too, cos they shouldn't need to replace back slot. if they wanna add a shoulder slot, fkin add a shoulder slot.

this could be good news for us though... seems like they're cashing in and selling out.

as much as i hate the guy, i think these are relevent:

dont forget the people running uo now are far, far removed from the original designers.
like it's been Garriott, then Origin, then EA, then Mythic, and now it's Broadsword.. which are not a great company.. if each of those is a downgrade, production shards are on like an E grade developer, that is also maintaining 2 or 3 other retro mmos.
remember what happened to game of thrones when martin stopped writing it..

imo it depends how you wanna make it, like if you wanna make something which is released and really fun for a short while, but ultimately harms the larger system, of if you wanna try to make the larger system work better. see i think those companies do the short term fun thing, then when it becomes boring they bring out another short term fun thing; and each time they cash in; but each time it also lowers the quality of the over all game. Garriot's original vision for UO was a functioning world with a functioning economy, nothing was throw away as such, it all added to the greater system, and forms a kinda perpetual motion device.
(not actually, perpetual motion is physically impossible, it's just very efficient, ultimately there will be an end product (gold or items in this case, friction in in the physics case) that needs skimming off at some point, because the systems have an input and output (human effort and progress in some sense) because they're not actually perpetual motion machines, they're automatons; just very complex ones that do tons of stuff between you putting in effort, and getting out credits to spend on enhancement or status)