monster loot ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Loler

Re: monster loot ?

Post by Loler »

Yup easily solo on an archer with a run loop in a big square doesn't shoot bow unless full hp. Gets back on course if sucked in. Needs 0 leeches can do with a fire damage cross bow light strike med and heal. Not point to have vamp if you are going to make your own unique version on how leeches work which they have never worked this way on osi you just want your own version. Like i said. I can solo every mob you throw at me 100% afk
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Will-twins likes this.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Loler wrote: November 20th, 2019, 1:45 pm Yup easily solo on an archer with a run loop in a big square doesn't shoot bow unless full hp. Gets back on course if sucked in. Needs 0 leeches can do with a fire damage cross bow light strike med and heal. Not point to have vamp if you are going to make your own unique version on how leeches work which they have never worked this way on osi you just want your own version. Like i said. I can solo every mob you throw at me 100% afk
Gonna laugh when you run out of arrows/bolts.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Going to laugh when i carry 6 quiver of rage or elements for the 50% weight reduction 3k arrows is quite a few more then you need for parax.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Loler

Post by Loler »

I could just as easily do it on a scribe mage with 18 mr 100 lrc 40 lmc. It's just the bushudo archer will kill it 5x faster

Only content i couldn't solo afk is probsbly mobs like flee, high priest, Freddy most of those mobs have 1 shot mechanics
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Will-twins likes this.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Loler wrote: November 20th, 2019, 3:21 pm I could just as easily do it on a scribe mage with 18 mr 100 lrc 40 lmc. It's just the bushudo archer will kill it 5x faster

Only content i couldn't solo afk is probsbly mobs like flee, high priest, Freddy most of those mobs have 1 shot mechanics
Thanks for admitting you can’t solo all mobs. And besides the point, nobody in their right mind would solo paroxymous afk because it takes too long equaling a higher chance to get caught.

But the point remains that different templates would have their effectiveness at tackling paroxymous rather than just a sampire alone.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Considering those mobs kill people solo who are 100% not afk Yeah i can't solo them afk. Also all mobs mentioned are event mobs that only last 2 week's a year.

And no most people who solo parax do it afk and doing it afk or attended wouldn't change my time by much.

Hell i can solo champ spawns 100% afk start to finish but people have been doing that since 2005.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Will-twins likes this.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

The point is to make it hard to afk this stuff. Then we can talk about making it easier to get l33t loot.
Last edited by Arthrutus on November 20th, 2019, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

I would love if the mobs were harder, or just the game in general. The afk problem wont go away sadly, it will always be a issue.
Discord: Amish#1299
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Amish Hammer wrote: November 20th, 2019, 5:23 pm I would love if the mobs were harder, or just the game in general. The afk problem wont go away sadly, it will always be a issue.
The goal here is to make being AFK unappealing. Peerless like Paroxymous used to be a team effort. Now it’s just something you can solo AFK. If small changes (such as leech) were made, it would be much harder and time-consuming to solo peerless, possibly making a team effort outweigh the benefits of soloing. Sure, you could still have an entire team afk-killing a peerless but at least it requires a team rather than a single-man effort.

You are correct that the AFK problem won’t go away. I’m not looking to get rid of afkers but rather I’m focused on making it more beneficial and fun to be at the keyboard.
Loler

Post by Loler »

It won't be more fun or beneficial you just make it take longer for everyone which incentives afking even more. And it's not the goal here it's your goal here. To change the game to your liking. But keep on pushing for it. If you start being belligerent about it you are more likely to get your way but maybe you should make your own topic about it
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Will-twins and ortiz like this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I'm with Loler on this one...mana leech changes would just make the grind SO much longer and more tedious...not really harder. This game's grind is already insane. Instead of making things more tedious, lets add more challenges and content, instead of making the content a lot of people are already bored with more boring....I'd also like to note that the MOST popular content on this server is the custom (event) content...this should be a cue to GMs that maybe, just maybe, custom or new content is the best way to go for a healthy population.

One thing I think would be cool personally is some incentive to actually dungeon crawl, instead of just standing in one spot with a script...for example lets say Fellucca virtue dungeons had a final boss at the very bottom, that could only be summoned by killing 90% of the mobs on each floor...So you'd legit have to work your way down...And even if you were super against new or custom items, it could be to fufill a quest from an NPC. So you'd collect "a head of" whatever to get a quest reward that could be runic tools and shit. This kind of thing would create dynamic PvM that would be difficult to script, so it would incentive active playing, but on top of that create PvP opportunities for the other side of the equation...2 birds, 1 stone
Loler

Post by Loler »

Agreed. I don't want to see 13 mod items in the game but i wouldn't mind seeing a few more perfect 5 mod items. Still loot wise only jewels tinker crafted weps and mage wep 1 handers will still be worth looting. But at least it's a start. I think some people had fun with that ilsh event a few months back. Boosting fel loot makes it so players can police the afkers btw. Ive always thought afking being illegal is stupid cause it leaves the few people who have the scripts to answer all afk checks with scripts able to farm 24/7 while others can't match it so they get further behind. Making fel loot better means players can police the method of obtaining top end jewels and such by pking afk farmers. Then you can't run said scripts 24/7. Oh well though current system is working great
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

I can be on board with boosting felucca loot. Just not trammel loot until the grindz is fixed in a way that AFK-scripting is harder to do.
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

in the begining of demise i was making golds with my pvm archer...no afk there i was looting all type of weapon just an exemple a crossbow 25ssi 44 fire ball was selling it for 35kk and a war fork sc-50light was like an dream i hunted millions yamadon just to get an 2 mods yumi ssi.mana and.... right now we have so many runic kit with all hight mods that make my pvm work nothing.... you have so many advantage on crafter now. i thing loots need an big upgrade now to balance the pvm vs the crafting.
tank and ortiz like this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Loler wrote: November 20th, 2019, 7:05 pm Making fel loot better means players can police the method of obtaining top end jewels and such by pking afk farmers. Then you can't run said scripts 24/7.
Id love better loot in fel, but the only loop hole i see in this suggestion, what if the people farming in fel are just the pvpers on the pvm characters? Are they gonna hunt down their own characters? Or protect them so they can afk farm? Doubt people will page on themselves or follow the rules, especially with a loot boost.
Discord: Amish#1299