monster loot ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arthrutus

Re: monster loot ?

Post by Arthrutus »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 16th, 2019, 12:54 am I really think armor should be enhanceable to be somewhat competitive with the runic market. Whether you're a pvmr or a bodder - there really should be a pathway within each method to get best in slot gear. With PVM, you just have a small data set of items that are valuable that you either need to trade/sell to get armor or just farm gold until you can buy what you need - because you'll never get anything worthwhile just from farming I know this is the trammiest shit I've ever posted but it would do the shard good to open up commerce to more tradeable looted items (not customs/arties). Right now it's so watered down and poor quality, you're lucky to get the specific jewels, 1 type of wep, and wooden shields that are worth anything within 100-200 (a very conservative estimate) hours of farming w/ max luck...... Talk about a system that purely incentives afk samping...
This is a really good post. Almost every piece of armor I've came across was just weak compared to what can be crafted with runics. The issue that remains is: How do we make it so players can't sit at monsters like Miasma and get amazing loot by doing nothing?

I had a few ideas on how to fix PVM before we can bump loot:
- Hit Mana Leech (Including Wraith form and any mana-leeching forms) will leech a percentage of the monster's available mana and players will not be able to leech any mana when the monster is out of mana (No more spamming specials when monsters are low: Screws everyone from necromages, sampires, and archers).
- Hit Life Leech (Including Vampiric Embrace and any life-leeching forms) will leech a percentage of the monster's available hit points (Sampires will struggle when red-lining things).
- Hit Stamina Leech will leech a percentage of the monster's available stamina (This hurts sampires somewhat when monsters lose stamina but it can be remedied by divine fury).

These are not a popular options, I know, but it can boost the difficulty of current monsters and can potentially brings players together, much like how the felucca champion spawns can't be solo'd without a team to back you up during raids.

The fact that these small and beneficial changes (No more infinite hp, mana, stamina pools to rely on) makes the game more challenging to solo and reduces the ability for players to farm AFK.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Arthrutus wrote: November 19th, 2019, 12:53 am
This is a really good post. Almost every piece of armor I've came across was just weak compared to what can be crafted with runics. The issue that remains is: How do we make it so players can't sit at monsters like Miasma and get amazing loot by doing nothing?
Sadly I think its to late, the staff would need to do something drastic to make it so people actually followed the rules and not just script everything. The rough part is that we are stuck in the ML era of uo, so we dont have much content left until they eventually run out of things to add. I am personally a big fan of that 'new' loot generation system that osi has. From my understanding, they made it so you get the better loot from treasure chests and the original dungeons, instead of people just farming miasma all the time, it encourages them to just go and kill random shit in like deceit for once. I also think the changed the way luck works in osi to the point where its actually worth focusing on. They kinda made it so runics were out of date for the most part.
Discord: Amish#1299
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

- Hit Mana Leech (Including Wraith form and any mana-leeching forms) will leech a percentage of the monster's available mana and players will not be able to leech any mana when the monster is out of mana (No more spamming specials when monsters are low: Screws everyone from necromages, sampires, and archers).
...........you mean fix mana leech to what it should be.

It has been reported a few times since 2009

In 43 days this bug will enter into its 3rd decade

Soon........
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Bama wrote: November 19th, 2019, 1:22 am
...........you mean fix mana leech to what it should be.

It has been reported a few times since 2009

In 43 days this bug will enter into its 3rd decade

Soon........
That’s true. I was aware it wasn’t supposed to be like this. I also acknowledge that the staff, especially with a dwindling player base, need to carefully make changes that benefit more than harm. Unfortunately, things like this does more harm than good in the long run, despite giving players the opportunity to fight monsters with ease. It makes it easier to AFK-farm and makes fighting monsters less of a challenge. A sampire can solo any of the peerless with ease, which makes the value of teamwork obsolete.

My hope is that the new staff can implement game-changing updates that make demise a better place to play in the long term. Following a mindset of realism in terms of what is possible and impossible (i.e. infinite hp/stamina/mana pools to sap from on all creatures should definitely be impossible) could help them make beneficial decisions.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Only wraith steals mana in both casting and melee form. The leech is currently wrong for wraith form melee and non existent in casting form. Melee will actually steal mana but when the target is at 0 u still gain the same for melee or casting as if it was full mana. Weapon hit mana leech isn't supposed to steal mana and the formula for it is set to pre publish 39-45. I don't remember when it was changed. I prefer the older version for pvm don't really care if they change the PvP to match the post pub 45 leech system but it sucks for pvm.

This has been brought up several times i doubt anything will ever be changed however if they decide to change it i hope they talk to people who understand how the old system and system that was out closer to demise cut off timeline.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 16th, 2019, 12:54 am I really think armor should be enhanceable to be somewhat competitive with the runic market. Whether you're a pvmr or a bodder - there really should be a pathway within each method to get best in slot gear. With PVM, you just have a small data set of items that are valuable that you either need to trade/sell to get armor or just farm gold until you can buy what you need - because you'll never get anything worthwhile just from farming I know this is the trammiest shit I've ever posted but it would do the shard good to open up commerce to more tradeable looted items (not customs/arties). Right now it's so watered down and poor quality, you're lucky to get the specific jewels, 1 type of wep, and wooden shields that are worth anything within 100-200 (a very conservative estimate) hours of farming w/ max luck...... Talk about a system that purely incentives afk samping...

- Hit Life Leech (Including Vampiric Embrace and any life-leeching forms) will leech a percentage of the monster's available hit points (Sampires will struggle when red-lining things).
- Hit Stamina Leech will leech a percentage of the monster's available stamina (This hurts sampires somewhat when monsters lose stamina but it can be remedied by divine fury).

These are not a popular options, I know, but it can boost the difficulty of current monsters and can potentially brings players together, much like how the felucca champion spawns can't be solo'd without a team to back you up during raids.

The fact that these small and beneficial changes (No more infinite hp, mana, stamina pools to rely on) makes the game more challenging to solo and reduces the ability for players to farm AFK.
ok btw you can make hammer/brsk afk in ur secure house and you just cannot give to npc afk wooow big deal for the afking so longer to make vs give to npc and btw you cannot afking pvm it illégal just like giving a bods To npc but the big deal is it harder to pvm then run a bods macro so why the crafting is easier to make and make better mods vs a pvm loots that harder to get and mods lowers to shit + You have to kill mods and loots ...idk if anyone understand what im trying to say. and btw idk if GM saw the many amount of brsk/hammer that are introduced to the shard when they changed rules to afking a macro bods afk legal....
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

there are ways.. but if you post them publicly then people will work out ways to circumvent them.

all you need to do is put in a bit of code that checks certain criteria, when it comes to a drop roll or loot bump.

if the players dont meet the criteria, the loot bump or roll is not applied.

but if you tell people what the criteria is, then they'll just put it into their scripts. so unfortunately if it's working, you'll never know it's working. you'll only see the results.

the GM's are always watching... they're kinky like that.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I have only bodded like 1 week total in the last year I think. When tycho started going crazy and jailing non afk people i knew it was time to stop and i haven't picked back up since. He would jail People if they didn't respond in 5 seconds. But this topic is about monster loot so we should talk About a 1k luck boost to fel and making luck more important for loot
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Will-twins likes this.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Loler wrote: November 19th, 2019, 7:05 pm Only wraith steals mana in both casting and melee form. The leech is currently wrong for wraith form melee and non existent in casting form. Melee will actually steal mana but when the target is at 0 u still gain the same for melee or casting as if it was full mana. Weapon hit mana leech isn't supposed to steal mana and the formula for it is set to pre publish 39-45. I don't remember when it was changed. I prefer the older version for pvm don't really care if they change the PvP to match the post pub 45 leech system but it sucks for pvm.

This has been brought up several times i doubt anything will ever be changed however if they decide to change it i hope they talk to people who understand how the old system and system that was out closer to demise cut off timeline.
Then the name on weapons should be changed to "hit mana leech from some random infinite mana pool cause it's obviously not leeching from the target it hits." Can't we have variable templates instead of sampires and necromage tamers dominating the field? It gets kind of repetitive after a while with all the leeching going on in the PvM world.

Honestly they should just make any and all the leeches steal from the target, and when the target runs out, you'll have to change up your playstyle to be viable in the fight.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Loler wrote: November 20th, 2019, 1:18 am I have only bodded like 1 week total in the last year I think. When tycho started going crazy and jailing non afk people i knew it was time to stop and i haven't picked back up since. He would jail People if they didn't respond in 5 seconds. But this topic is about monster loot so we should talk About a 1k luck boost to fel and making luck more important for loot
Disagree unless we focus on ways to make PvM more challenging and viable. Just boosting the importance of luck without incorporating new consequences just throws the game off-balance.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I don't see an issue with farming currently. No matter what u change i can write a macro to afk any single mob in the game .
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Loler

Post by Loler »

Also leech just means it leeches based of the damage you deal. Hit mana drain exists on current uo which actually drains the targets mana. And wraith form steals mana. Just because you want to use words how you deem fit doesn't mean that's how it was intended. And if you implemented mana leech change to leech mana in PvP be ready to have 0 mana on every char forever
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Loler wrote: November 20th, 2019, 1:34 am Also leech just means it leeches based of the damage you deal. Hit mana drain exists on current uo which actually drains the targets mana. And wraith form steals mana. Just because you want to use words how you deem fit doesn't mean that's how it was intended. And if you implemented mana leech change to leech mana in PvP be ready to have 0 mana on every char forever
I'm only talking about PvM at the moment as I don't dabble in PvP. Once we fix leeches to leech only what's available, then I would go ahead and dare you to AFK script paroxymous.

For PvP, things would need to be different, such as lowering the percentage leeched. Keep in mind, when i say leech the amount that is available, I don't mean there's a fixed number leeched but rather a diminishing amount that can be leeched. For example: 10% leech with 100 mana would subtract 10, which results in 90. 10% of that would be 9, resulting in 81. The further you go down, the less mana leeched.
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

no one want leech changed here we just want better loots.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Will-twins wrote: November 20th, 2019, 3:10 am no one want leech changed here we just want better loots.
Well that statement would be hilariously false. Good try though.