monster loot ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Will-twins

monster loot ?

Post by Will-twins »

Make Pvm better need loot boost.
:popcorn:
Dwn Wth Vwls

Re: monster loot ?

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

2250 luck - getting items with 1/100 intensity (luck 1/100)......I got 3 items in a row w/ 1/100% intensity rofl. Loot is dogshit/always has been on Demise. The only thing worth looting are 1-handed -mage weps (they're still not best in slot), shields (who tf uses those?) and jewels. Nothing else is worth touching.
alllex

Post by alllex »

Yes yes and yes,
pumpkin.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Will-twins wrote: November 12th, 2019, 12:08 am Make Pvm better need loot boost.
Starting from low level monsters (better for new players, who want to fight/ hunt their way up)
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 12th, 2019, 12:26 am 2250 luck - getting items with......
2250 luck hmmmmmm
Good to know because with 1360 luck I get a lot of these
Syn_11-12_08.30.jpg
Syn_11-12_08.30.jpg (259.55 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
Syn_11-12_08.30-1.jpg
Syn_11-12_08.30-1.jpg (260.2 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
Syn_11-12_08.30-2.jpg
Syn_11-12_08.30-2.jpg (260.11 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
Syn_11-12_08.30-3.jpg
Syn_11-12_08.30-3.jpg (259.96 KiB) Viewed 9042 times

The boy though he runs around with 215 luck
I tell him
"Boy I say Boy if you are going to PvM you need more luck!!!"

He smiles at me and says
"You know mom I think you are right because with 1000 more luck I might have got Night Sight on this"

El'Ka'Bong_11-1_08.53-2.jpg
El'Ka'Bong_11-1_08.53-2.jpg (219.9 KiB) Viewed 9042 times

Not great but dang its 215 luck and a solen

I tell him all the time that once he is no longer a tax deduction he no longer uses my internet and he is out of my basement
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

The best thing to do with loot, is loot stuff, but never look at it.

Therefore you can always live with the hope that you may have an absolutely flawless item from looting. You will never know for certain, but hope is better than despair!
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Bama wrote: November 12th, 2019, 1:53 pm
Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 12th, 2019, 12:26 am 2250 luck - getting items with......
2250 luck hmmmmmm

Syn_11-12_08.30.jpg

Syn_11-12_08.30-1.jpg

Syn_11-12_08.30-2.jpg

Syn_11-12_08.30-3.jpg

I tell him

He smiles at me and says
"You know mom I think you are right because with 1000 more luck I might have got Night Sight on this"

I tell him all the time that once he is no longer a tax deduction he no longer uses my internet and he is out of my basement

You know-i got better loot without luck as well lol
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Will-twins and Bama like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I've been wanting some kind of loot bump for a while. Nothing like pest 1 but loot needs to be addressed. Even with a loot bump the items Ghent listed are still the only items worth looting
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
alllex likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

It would be really nice to get a loot boost, but the new system of loot that osi has would break demise even more then it already is. I would want just the loot to be better in general, and to have luck effect the intensities of the loot, not just the loot pack because pretty much what its doing to my understanding is just doubling your chances of maybe getting a single nice item on a corpse by double the loot pack, not actually effecting the items themselves. Loot definitely needs a update to the point where its okay to not rely on runic crafted gear. The only reason I can see people doing pvm is just for rings and bracelets and the gold, nothing else is really worth it. This is also causing people only to farm at certain spots like the named ML bosses, you dont see people running around dungeons killing a bunch of stuff anymore because its just not worth doing, it was/is the same with the treasure chests and MIB, the outcome is not worth the effort you put in, so its better to just go afk at miasma instead.
Discord: Amish#1299
alllex and Frasier like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

With how runic crafted armor and weps work its impossible to get looted items equal to brsk gear. Most armor is 15 resist natural. And for like horned + exceptional arms lore boost you go to 37 resist. With out exceptional and arms lore i think the base is like 27 with just horned
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
alllex and Amish Hammer like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bama wrote: November 12th, 2019, 1:53 pm
2250 luck hmmmmmm

Syn_11-12_08.30.jpg

Syn_11-12_08.30-1.jpg

Syn_11-12_08.30-2.jpg

Syn_11-12_08.30-3.jpg

I tell him

He smiles at me and says

yah zulu should know better than to farm with less than 1200 luck
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

my hunting list:
jewl
ring /brace
hat all type look Nice
weapon:
cleaver
hachet
pitchhfork

the most thing you want that you cannot craft
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i bet there has been good items missed though...

how about something along the lines of a message when you get a bumped loot pack so you know to check? or a minimum intensity based on luck value?

honestly i think there should be a bit more a leveling between the monsters in terms of what they might have, not a total leveling so you can get op loot off skeletons, but less of a difference so newer players can still hunt and get usable loot.

but that said, luck is massively under-value. am i right in saying that it just has a chance to bump the loot one level, so you only get good items if you roll top level + the bump?
and that luck has diminishing returns after about 800, so if you can kill monsters twice as fast with 1000 luck than you can with 2000 luck, and you only get like 10% more chance that it's bumped - would be more worth hunting in the 1000 suit and getting more frequent rolls?

either way, i've not bothered making a luck suit; and that's bad, cos it should be worth it.

i dunno though, cos when i was in gauntlet a lot; there would be hell hound tamers in luck suits, and you know they are gonna get top dps, and the loot is noticeably better and worth checking... but again, i used to come out with a pack full of items on top of an arti or two, these days there is rarely anything worth taking.

it's tricky cos you could end up making a whole new generation of jewelry that would outclass all the previous gen

what if you just put a message for when the loot is bumped, and you gave all weps and armour in the pack the GM crafted bonuses? which is basically +1 mod at max intensity, but restricted to DI and resists?

so effectively what you would be doing is telling people when their luck has applied and to check the jewelry, and making weps/armour at least as good as GM runic rolls in those packs.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

I really think armor should be enhanceable to be somewhat competitive with the runic market. Whether you're a pvmr or a bodder - there really should be a pathway within each method to get best in slot gear. With PVM, you just have a small data set of items that are valuable that you either need to trade/sell to get armor or just farm gold until you can buy what you need - because you'll never get anything worthwhile just from farming I know this is the trammiest shit I've ever posted but it would do the shard good to open up commerce to more tradeable looted items (not customs/arties). Right now it's so watered down and poor quality, you're lucky to get the specific jewels, 1 type of wep, and wooden shields that are worth anything within 100-200 (a very conservative estimate) hours of farming w/ max luck...... Talk about a system that purely incentives afk samping...
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

would be nice if any staff read this and reply something :coffee: