Sampire

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Loler

Re: Sampire

Post by Loler »

People arguing with someone who doesn't know how to play a sampire. Classic
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Will-twins likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

*shrugs*

then you explain a 8 year old build to him.
..template copying scrubs, you dont know shit. learn how the combat works and think for yourself.

ya dont design your own characters, ya dont design your own suits, ya dont write your own scripts.... you're missing the point of the game.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I was one of the first to make a sampire on OSI.

I am one of the few people who uses multiple suits instead of a single suit for everything.

I have several different skill setups for everything.

I do not follow the cookie cutter norm for anything.

I am one of the few who started using 35+ ssi staffs with 100+ mana builds on sampire to get around mana vamp and mana drain.

But yeah I just follow everyone else and never do any unique designs or anything.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin likes this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:36 am *shrugs*

then you explain a 8 year old build to him.
..template copying scrubs, you dont know shit. learn how the combat works and think for yourself.
This coming from the guy saying y 6 fcr is bad? One of the major things that make sampires so broken is counter attack, which has an annoyingly long cooldown that makes it so you cant use other spells. Also using chiv spells turns off weapon specials too, substantially reducing your damage output.

Why are you even posting long rants about an unrelated build in a thread titled "sampire"?
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:44 pm you'd be on 60/39/48/35/59 from glasses, collar, rbc, and legs

so you need 10/31/22/35/11 from gloves and arms. so 2x fire, 1x cold, 2x poison mods. tweak with boots and earrings.

5/16/18/20/6, 8lmc, 8 stam
5/15/4/15/5, 8 lmc, 8 stam, 2 mr
not impossible at all.

You're forgetting about the extra fire resist needed on sampire...
Loler

Post by Loler »

You are forgetting he doesn't play sampire.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the combat system is the combat system.

25 more fire you need?
21 with earring and boot.. 52 resist in 2 pieces is hard but not impossibru.

chiv does cancel special move but you just press it after it, or you can script it.

make a state machine which checks after each hit. detect the swing, check the variables, cast apropriate, ready special move. you shouldn't be spamming at all, there's a rhythm to the game, it's actually running like a round of checks, based on variables, then running another round of checks on the swing.

think timing and how long everything takes to use/how much time you have to use it. it would be very hard to do manually, but if you're scripting it then it's piss easy.

you would only need 6fcr if you're planning to cast twice between swings, in which case you're slowing your swing speed cos it has to wait for your casting. if you are interrupted there is no delay at all on the recast, so you dont need it for that. whether 2fc will cut it for divine fury is a question, but again, if you are scripting it, everything becomes a lot more do-able cos the timings are much faster.

you would have to work out how much you can do after your swing, and work out exactly what you would need to use in each case. or a priority list; and you'd have to accept you cant cast everything before you swing again. but a swing is such a massive thing to miss that it's worth scripting around it. the swing (the combat tick) is what changes your variables, and sets the variables for the next check, it's rly important lol.

and more fun to talk about improving sampire than just tell people how to make same old suit/template. this thread has been posted 1000 times if that's all you want
Loler

Post by Loler »

Keep showing how little you know about sampire with these wall of texts you post. It just becomes more and more amusing each time.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arden

Post by Arden »

Leave Calvin alone....he builds suits and templates for afk events and earth eles
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

someone lend me an axe
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Calvin wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:17 pm

my guy will kill a single target faster than your sampire. without bushido, without honour, and with a katana.
unless it's a super boss with tons of hp, you'll never get time to ramp your honour bonus to 100%, while i can hit with max damage from the first hit. you really dont need a high base damage wep when you are hitting 6 times in 1.25 seconds. it wrecks shit mate, honestly.

how a weapon can hit 6 times in 1,25 sec when swing timer is capped at 1,25 ? ? ? ?
double strike - 2 hits per swing per 1,25 sec isnt it ? :coffee:
add counter atack its 3 hits.

if u even count spell hit (its not a weapon hit its 5 - dunno if spell can hit from counter - then could be 6).

And no. No u wont kill monster faster with sampire that swings Double axe with 1,25 (THE CAP ). So ... And if they woudl add more items sampire just change to Two handed Axe :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Shallan wrote: January 20th, 2020, 2:21 pm No u wont kill monster faster with sampire that swings Double axe with 1,25 (THE CAP ).
except i do.

i am counting hit spell yea, it can hit 10-15 which isn't bad.
and you're forgetting there's no delay on the first swing ;P
which means you hit, then 1.25 seconds later you hit again, which is 2 hits in 1.25 seconds, which if you double strike is 4 hits, and if you double hit spell is 6 hits..
these numbers depend on what you're hitting on, but: at 12 damage on hit spell you're lookin at like 50+50+12+12 = 124. you can do it every hit. i give it 1 spell every 2 hits cos it's more realistic. = 112 damage per hit. which is not loads you're right, but the difference is i do that every hit, from the very start of the fight. do you do that? and 1.25 seconds into the fight you've potentially been hit 6 times

first one died before i could get a pic lol
there is no ramp up to this damage, and there is no variation in this damage; i hit the same every swing. i cast df every time i am hit on stamina, so it never drops below max swing speed either.

monsters go ting, ting, ting - dead.

(i never said i hit 6 times EVERY 1.25 seconds, i said i CAN hit 6 times IN 1.25 seconds ;) which you do on the first swing, after that most monsters are pretty fcked tbh lol)

but there's no real reason you cant apply the same stuff to a sampire. what im saying is if you did, you would massively out damage me yes. but you dont, so you dont.

fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I dunno how you can say you dont do that kind of damage with a sampire...sampire literally have all the same tricks as you and more.
We have counter attack, which means we could hit it 5 times in that 1.25 without even considering hit spell as an "attack", so by your standards is what, 10 times? Nothing you're doing here is "AoS Paladin" specific...
Also, white wyrms die in 3 hits anyway, why not actually fight something that at least as the illusion of difficulty?
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

because you're reaching, im comfortable.

everything sampire does is reaching. if you had the equip to do it comfortably then you'd out damage, this is literally what im saying. im trying to tell you how to keep everything up running at 100% efficiency with the bushido stuff on top.

im saying you need to use df and balance your suit to expect it to be permanently on, and that you need to script the correct option for your cast tick, or you'll get muddled up.

if you are hitting the time when you should swing with the 1.25 speed, but you are under 180 stam, or you dont have df on, or you dont have consecrate on, or whatever - you will drop damage.

my guy doesn't out damage sampires in theory, but in reality he does, because i am able to keep everything on, because there is not as much needed. it's that simple, you're overlooking the realities of not being able to cast everything, and not being able to get all the gear you need. or you're sacrificing too much to do it, and you're not taking into account the loss of mana, or regen, or whatever, does actually have an effect on your damage.
Frasier likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the thread is about whether you should use double strike, or bushido moves.

i dont use bushido, i only use double strike (and ai, and ww on radiant). but the character is built around double strike.

it does out damage bishido moves. but you'll never be able to keep it consistant as a sampire, so you should use bushido moves which you can keep consistant.

or/ remake your suit. and im saying how to do that if you wanted to. if someone lends me an axe and some stamina gloves/arms i can test it. i pretty much have the jewels by accident.

basically the whole thing rests on if you overcap dci with fey legs, or aim to not use divine fury with banes.
but if you want the mana you need to spam special moves, then you need more mana, and if you want more mana then you need less stamina so you can get more artifacts, and the only way to get less stamina is to use divine fury and over cap ssi to 40%.

then if you are casting df in combat you will need some fc, but you wont need stam leech so much.. things knock on to things.

there is a ssi item i think.. maybe you could budget that

also damage goes up considerably if there's a necro to cast corpse skin. sampire could, but it's another thing to cast...
as i say, if you asked me to make this, i would work out what the best thing to cast would be in each case, then i'd just tell the script to do that. not a chance i could do all this with just hotkeys.

what would we be casting... honour, enemy of one, corpse skin, divine fury, consecrate, counter attack, special move... what else?
are we pounding refresh brews?
damage would be sick, but it's A LOT to cast. you'd need to script it.
Last edited by Calvin on January 20th, 2020, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frasier likes this.